Spunky Dogg Farms & Forestry

Share your creations with us!
Bryan83

Re: Spunky Dogg Farms

Post by Bryan83 »

Might be the unpopular opinion, but I think for your blog purposes you should stick with NML until a map you really like gets released for FS22, you know, something you can really get in to that suits your play style. I'm sure with our active modder community that it won't take terribly long before that happens.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I've really enjoyed seeing what you've done with no man's land, and coming back after you lost your save. I would love to see it continued, at least until a map on 22 comes out that suites your play style. I agree with Bryan83, it shouldn't take too long for the modding community to come up with a new map or at least convert no mans land.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I might just have to submit a flat-ish map to the ModHUb just for you Spunky :zunge: :lol:

Agree with Bryan. I think you should continue with FS19 until you feel the time is right and the mods are there that you want to switch over. No Mans Land has clearly been your baby for the past year and a bit *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Getting all of our equipment in place to log the swamp.

Hello Spunky fans!

Welcome to Year 4. It is the first week of spring after a mild, snowless winter in which the temperature mostly fluctuated between the upper 20s and mid-to-upper 30s and the ground didn't even freeze (which is a first for us).

We've managed to finish logging Phase I of the Carlton Forest Reserve and have moved our equipment to Phase II, which is cutting Bowl's Bottom Swamp on the northern side of the reserve. This is a "tweener" project for us, which is meant to keep us busy while we wait for the weather to stabilize for spring planting.

Speaking of planting, the first day of spring greeted us with a high of 49 degrees under cloudy skies, the highest temperature we can recall for this time of year. That allowed us to get our wheat in the ground, but the next day the temperature plunged back down to the mid-30s, so no planting for us for a little while.

Shredding some of the smaller pieces.

Here's some screenshots from our winter activities:

Loading manure for our greenhouses.

Unloading logs at the mill.

Year 4 begins.

Moving the chipper to the swamp.

Moving our processor and loader to the swamp.

That's all for now! Look for more pics from the swamp in our next update. Thanks for reading and, as always, see you up the road!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Nice to see SD Farms continuing on. Great update as usual.

Quick question, in that shot where you're loading manure, which truck is that?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

That's the TLX 3500 with the tipper attachment on it. It's been a good farm truck for us.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I thought so, just seemed to me like something about the cab looked different. Probably just the angle.

Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

The Bowl's Bottom Swamp project is nearly complete.

Welcome back Spunky fans!

It took three days, but our logging project in Bowl's Bottom Swamp has been completed. We're in mid-Spring now and we've hired some workers to help with our planting duties while the swamp was being attended to.

The swamp will be re-forested, which will give us another honey hole of timber in six years.

This project wasn't terribly difficult, just time consuming. Do you remember the movie Wall-E? When the movie opens and the little robot is still hard at work gathering trash and compacting it into cubes despite the absence of humans? That's kinda how I felt gathering logs with the skidsteer you see above.

Just a personal observation, of course.

The cutting begins.

While we were on site, we came to the realization that with all of our equipment in the field, there's nothing back at the mill to unload trucks. We contemplated this problem for a little while and ended up purchasing a JCB Teletruk.

We've never used a forklift/telehandler to load logs before, but we're going to give it a try and see how it goes. With this purchase, we walked our loader excavator back to the mill, where it will unload trucks as it has before.

That's definitely a bit of a mess!

That's all for now. Thanks for reading this update and, as always, see you up the road!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

*thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Mwal wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:15 am Hey spunky, have you saw this? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... e=timeline
Yes, I did! I saw it earlier this evening and I'm very excited to see NML brought over for FS22. With me being on PS5 for the new game (and its 5,000+ slots), I am drooling with anticipation thinking of the possibilities. That being said, I do have a storyline planned out for how to work both games at the same time that will debut when the new NML is out and the backlog of mods goes down.

So, stay tuned. Our adventures on NML are far from done: Both present and future. *thumbsup*
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal beat me to it, I saw that post and immediately thought of you Spunky lol. Can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with FS22!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Just to give a quick update:

We at Spunky Dogg Farms are still working and will have an update out this week! As far as FS22, Spunky Jr. is graduating from college this month and decided he wants to do what the Old Man does (and thinks he can do it better, the little stinker), so he's got himself a piece of NML property in the Carolinas. He's determined to make it out on his own, so expect a split-storyline covering the adventures of both of us. Hopefully, it will be a fun read.

See you up the road!
- Spunky
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Can't wait! :biggrin2:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

And so it begins...