Spunky Dogg Farms & Forestry

Share your creations with us!
Bryan83

Re: Spunky Dogg Farms

Post by Bryan83 »

May have to wait and see if AJ converts NML to 22.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Sorry for the lack of recent updates in this space. Fall is the busiest time of year for me. I will have an update out soon. I'm still working on Spunky Dogg Farms, just not on here. :lol:
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well that's good to hear. I was just about to dispatch a search & rescue team to No Man's Land.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Shredding the small stuff.

Welcome back Spunky Fans!

My sincerest apologies for the lack of updates. Fall is my busiest time of year and I've maybe only had a short amount of time here and there to work on Spunky Dogg Farms and I wanted to wait until I was further enough along for a substantial update.

As you can see by the screenshot above, we are hard at work on our "war chest" inside the Carlton Forest Reserve. We've probably only scratched the surface of the amount of timber we're cutting here, but I feel we've gotten into our rhythm now and have the right equipment in place to knock out some truckloads.

This is likely a several-year job and trees will be replanted as we go, created a self-sustaining ecosystem that will come up for re-harvesting every six in-game years (with seasons).

Another load of logs leaving the Reserve.

Some guy not paying attention took the curve too fast and rolled the log truck. Hint: It was me.

For those who remember, this is where the Fort Donaldson State Recreation Area was during Version 1 and followers of this thread remember how long that job took. I don't think it will take us as long this time as it did then, but we'll see.

In other news, we're in the second week of Autumn now and just finished harvesting our beans for the year and have gotten about two-thirds through our first potato field. The weather looks to cooperate for the next couple of days, so we're hopeful we can get the rest knocked out soon.

We're still waiting on our corn and sugar beets, however.

It's hard to believe we're nearing the end of Year 3 already. It seems like the days/weeks are flying by and we still need to prep the fields we've already harvested (wheat, oats and canola) for winter. Busy times indeed on the farm.

Elsewhere on No Man's Land, I've redone the milk production portion of the map and will share pics of that soon when it's completed. I think it blends better with the surrounding buildings of Raccoon Corners.

This is our hill and these are our beans.

Taters coming out.

As always, thanks for reading and see you up the road! (hopefully sooner rather than later)
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

That bridge fits so well with the map. Love the progress you've made!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:16 pm That bridge fits so well with the map. Love the progress you've made!
Ditto on both accounts
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Thank you guys and I love the log bridge. Like you both stated, it just fits with the overall theme of No Man's Land and is perfect for a logging area.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I like your chosen shade of red
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Prepping the fields for winter.

Welcome back Spunky fans!

Holy cow, has it really been a month since the last update? My apologies, but life does get busy.

Here at Spunky Dogg Farms, we have finished our Year 3 harvest and prepped our fields for winter. Our crew is now logging in the Carlton Forest Reserve, trying to get as much done there before winter freezes us out.

As I've mentioned before, the goal this year was to get a $100,000 harvest. I have listed our totals below, minus potatoes (for the simple reason I forgot to write it down, lol). We did grow wheat and barley this year, but those totals are reserved as feed for our chickens. The rest will be sold.

I did include what we got for our potatoes, so you have a starting point.

Year 3 Harvest:
• Wheat (12,239L)
• Barley (8,975L)
• Canola (17,661L)
• Oats (9,595L)
• Corn (31,532L)
• Soybeans (19,198L)
• Potatoes (???L): $49,799
• Sugarbeets (138,064L)

So, what do you think? Do you think we made it? Getting about halfway there on potatoes alone kinda makes it obvious, but it's still fun to guess with market prices.

Gotta get that corn out of the field.

The beets are a'plenty.

Another load of logs leaving the Reserve.

Putting in some overtime at the mill.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Nice update, Spunky. Good to see you back. Congrats on hitting your harvest targets, as I'm sure you did.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

That TLX truck looks good in any color I see it in. I need to find a reason to buy it!

Love reading each update Spunky, good to hear from you again!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Looks like you’re really going all in on beets I like that, looks good!
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

So, with FS 22 less than two weeks away, the time has come to make a decision moving forward. I believe I've got it worked out that I could (maybe) do both games simultaneously (FS19 on PS4 and FS22 on PS5, but the question then becomes the amount of free time I'll have).

I've thought about doing a European map on FS22, which is something I've never done. I know No Man's Land is kind of an European map, but I believe I've Americanized it a bit. If I did both maps simultaneously, the European map would be a Spunky Dogg Farms International sort of story.

The other option is to conclude my operations on FS19 and turn my attention fully to FS22. Personally, I'm kinda torn as we built a whole world (roads, rivers, bridges, towns, etc.) on NML and aside from the presence of people, it feels like a living place.

On the other hand, FS22 is coming with quite a few more options such as production chains. So, I'm posing the question to all who read this space.

What would you like to see happen moving forward?
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I like the idea of both, at least until you think 22 is where you want it to be to start a new run
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Mwal wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:45 pm I like the idea of both, at least until you think 22 is where you want it to be to start a new run
I'll be honest, there's a part of me that wants to break the 537-hour record I had on the first version of No Man's Land. I'm around 400 right now and getting ready to head into Year 4 as I'm in mid-winter right now. I made it to 6 1/2 seasons in the first version.

Still, nearly 1,000 hours on the same map is pretty impressive, I think.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging