Welcome to 1982, somewhere in England..

Share your creations with us!
Phila

Re: Welcome to 1982, somewhere in England..

Post by Phila »

Patton_M47 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:09 pm https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zhuaf3u21kos ... Lm2-a?dl=0 not mine but it should be handy
Thanks! Will give it a go next lime spreading time.
Phila

Post by Phila »

The scrapyard around the back of the barn - everyone has one , right?

Phila

Post by Phila »

Some high volume spraying - this is the generic Lizard SP sprayer , as close as I an find to a 80s/90s Knight or Bateman sprayer or the 'cottage industry' makes built on a old dumper truck chassis. (Needs narrow crop wheels option). This was also used to spray off my first rape crop , 'dessication' was/is the usual UK method to make sure rap ready to harvest. Also the reason why I have a new combine as even with 8 miles of duct tape on all the joints, the old MF would leak small seeds like oil seed rape aka canola.

Phila

Post by Phila »

as trailed and thanks to Patton 47 for the link and Peter for the mod this exactly the setup a I remember lime spreading on the farm ! Great mod, though the FC County looks a bit like an angry milk float :)
(PS for modder, you can not reverse under the hopper to connect with duals or wide wheels on, so I lifted it on).

The quarry delivers and dumps into the field and an old MF loader does the rest.
ImageUntitled
ImageUntitled
ImageUntitled
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Phila wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm as trailed and thanks to Patton 47 for the link and Peter for the mod this exactly the setup a I remember lime spreading on the farm ! Great mod, though the FC County looks a bit like an angry milk float :)
(PS for modder, you can not reverse under the hopper to connect with duals or wide wheels on, so I lifted it on).

The quarry delivers and dumps into the field and an old MF loader does the rest.
ImageUntitled
ImageUntitled
ImageUntitled
THX just a suggestion but maybe the next you put it on you should take the duals off than back under
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Phila

Post by Phila »

@patton - good point.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Will my new grain set up allow me to get a big artic in the yard...? yes it will but only just - that old shed has to as I've said before.

Note the depleted hay stack in background. Another hay making disaster this year so switching to baled silage next spring.

ImageUntitled
Phila

Post by Phila »

Made some big changes for the Autumn cultivation plan. As a bit of roleplay I have declared some fields as heavy and some as light/average soil, divided by the roads on the map.

So everything gets ploughed , except for clean stubble gets disc'd if I'm planting rape/canola. Then a tined culti for light soil, or a new Rabe power harrow for the heavy soil.

A new bigger MF30 coulter drill (actually a STZ painted red), and had to move the old MF699 to drill duty . Then rolls over the light soil to preserve moisture. But need another big tractor I think next year, to have one on plough/discs and one on cultivators.

I also switched to big bags with the MF675 as 'bag tender' . Much like my original experience of big bags as a boy, the 675 just about handles the weight but bit wobbly on slopes! Cant have a rear weight as also tows the trailer.

ImageUntitled
ImageUntitled

ImageUntitled
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Phila wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:13 pm Note the depleted hay stack in background. Another hay making disaster this year so switching to baled silage next spring.
Not sure but I thought sheep could only eat grass and hay.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Phila

Post by Phila »

On the real life basis of this , the farm used to hire out land to sprout growers. No sprouts in this game so next spring contractors will be planting potatoes in one of my fields. I preparation this autumn they did some deep subsoiling to make sure well drained. Also an excuse to get out the Mog again :)

I really wanted an old D8 or similar but while I could remove the blade in the editor , none i could find had a tow bar. Some had rippers but not the same as the two/three deep leg subsoilers i recalled that also minimised surface disturbance . I found a old Russian (?) dozer with a towbar but the centre of gravity when towing was all over the place.

ImageUntitled
ImageUntitled
ImageUntitled
Phila

Post by Phila »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Phila wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:13 pm Note the depleted hay stack in background. Another hay making disaster this year so switching to baled silage next spring.
Not sure but I thought sheep could only eat grass and hay.
hmm thought I had used before.... silage is shown as a feed option for my sheep pens..
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Then it might work, don’t do much with sheep in game and none IRL.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Phila

Post by Phila »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:22 am Then it might work, don’t do much with sheep in game and none IRL.
Flock survived the winter on (brought) wrapped silage. IRL I did a lambing season on a big (2000+) flock and it was all wrapped bale silage.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

*thumbsup*
Phila

Post by Phila »

Early in this tread I was having trouble changing the capacity of the livestock trailers, as just changing XML was not working . Anyway foundhow to do it : viewtopic.php?t=107432

That was for FS17 but has worked for me , though when full the trailer needs a tractor on it not a landrover :) but fair enough! it made regrading my now 800 head pf sheep into age range flocks much easier.

Not only are the actual numbers unreal for these trailers, especially the artics/semis, but the relationship between animals eg a trailer that holds 6 cows takes only 8 sheep? For the beef beasties it was the weight was the issue more than space but you could get 4/5 beasties in the normal 2=3 axle Ivor Williams style trailer. Then when you put in the twin deck for sheep would be 30 or more , you packed them fairly tight so they wouldn't fall over in corners/braking and trample each other.