1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell Map

Share your creations with us!
Phila

1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell Map

Post by Phila »

Hello

I've started a roleplay-ish, suvivalist-ish 1990s farm on the lovely FS19_FarmingAgency_Charwell_Remaster2020 map.

I used the 'new farmer' settings so that there was kit and buildings on the farm sites , but then sold all the land, kit and yard you start with, except the pickup, and brought a different smaller set up (cow pen with muck and slurry and dairy kit) , several big sheds but no grain silo/system - have plans for that but later..

I also brought low loaders and truck, flat bed lorry, livestock lorry and grain lorry plus forklift and jcb which now 'belong' to teh Shop aka dealer and agri supplier as in the UK stuff gets delivered, you rarely pick up yourself. The grain truck is 8 wheeler not an artic/trailer as many yards could not easily handle a big truck.

I then brought a differt yard, some fields around that and connected woodlands, plus a basic mix of arable starter kit (Massey Fergusson rules!). Finished with some poking around with editor and then set my cash to 250k and not allowing myself to take loans. And off we go....

(I'm also sharing my very light and inept dabbling in the editor for those who might fancy same).
Phila

Re: 1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell Map

Post by Phila »

Spring 1995. New farm acquired and time to ship in the kit and supplies.

The dealer has a nice new JCB 525 Farm special , i think the first JCB farm loader, I can only justify a beat up 1989 model.
(Who remembers the revelation driving one of those for the first time? Actual lifting power, a bucket and muck fork the SAME width as the wheels, a huge jump from a front loader, usually on the oldest beat up tractor... working out how to get into all the small corners of smallest yards/sheds... even with the high arm pivot on the back.. aaahh).

Image Image
Yes always space for my pet 135....

ImageImage

Last edited by Phila on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Tidying up and removing junk, sending it to scrap yard or dumping around the back out of sight ! Pot hole filling in the rain, always a good job... selling off wrapped silage left by last occupant.. ditto old pallets of seed....fitting new wider double gates at main entrance to make access easier, replacing a single metal gate, dug out the cattle grid wider - hired a JCB backhoe for that but forget to snap it. Finally set up my workshop junk in one corner of an existing barn.

Most of this achieved by deleting objects in the editor. The cattle grid I stretched using editor and the new a gate is a placeable mod - you will need to use Place Anywhere mod, no it does not clash with Global Company in my experience. Workshop took a bit more: started with this http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/o ... -v1-0-fs19 - thanks to that modder. Using editor I deleted the ramp and shed (and the vines and weeds etc don't forget lights no hanging from nowhere... ).

Don't forget that 'collisions ' the invisible bit your tractor will bump into are separate from the visual of the object . I resized the floor area and the 'triggers' ie the bit you walk into that will show up an 'R' on the HUD so you can access the repair menu. Then saved, zipped and placed in shed . Added some bits and clutter copied from items already on the map eg in shop workshop. Latter bit takes a bit more trial and error to place right if the building wall is in different DE file from the bit you are moving and you cant see placeables in the editor... go experiment/ read FS19 for dummies :)
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Phila on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Into the fields...

A brand new 1995 MF8140 . The front linkage is not a heavy weight lift and I would not have it really but useful way carry weights. However I recall some folk using a metal box with three point link , part filled with concrete for weight but space in the box to keep the big plough spanner and the grease gun , the stuff you don't want in a nice cab! Plus where I kept the chainsaw as few bushes need trimming back... it has the mobile workshop toolbox mod in there as well.

I made the box by resizing a larger 3pt link box mod and adding 'weight' in the xml file.

A middle aged MF 2745 V8 beasty - lovely mod, wanted a 4wd but mod only did 2wd... hint hint... and would like UK/European rim locked duals on the rear not US centre poles.

An aged MF 1250 for the 6m air drill. just to be different.. well drilling if it ever stops raining! And the beaten up JCB on bag duty.

Image Image

Image Image
Phila

Post by Phila »

Want to build my self a new farm house on a spot with its 'back' to the yard and view across the valley , so hired in a 360 to level the ground...

But until I can afford house I'll slum it for the view!

Phila

Post by Phila »

Another small step on my journey of understanding the Editor .. aka hacking around with other peoples mods!

I wanted 'terra tyres' , to my memory more of a thing that duals in 1990s UK, for my MF1250 . I finally worked my way through the links in XMl and back to the shared tyre folder in the game and tweaked the 'broad tyre' already on the tractor. Ideally I would have lifted an existing code eg as on backaxle of a Gator, but not quite worked that through yet. I had to adjust the rims file too, and it is just about ok - is there an easier way to match tyres to rim size and position anyone that trial and error :) anyone? I also changed the 'crop care' seting in tractor xml to 'true' so it wont crush merging plants when spreading ferty. I wamt to make them a bit wider but as far as editor lets me hmmm ???

ImageImage
Phila

Post by Phila »

The MF1250 - beside being an interesting tractor, my RL farm logic for keeping it as my drill/ferty tractor is:
- i already have it so would need to justify a new purchase
- the artculated steer means it tracks accurately around the corners esp on tramlines (or crops tracks or whatever our US friends call them)
- no issues with very wide terratires/ float tires with articulated steering , can be an issue for normal steering
- has potential flat deck space on back - I have plans....
Phila

Post by Phila »

Wanted to get one last dose of ferty on but this crop too high for my kit so 'called in contractor' aka leased a narrow wheeled MB (next mod effort is to get deck mounted/saadle tank spreader and sprayer for the MB.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kzd2Yd]Image
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Not sure what tramlines are called in this side of the pond, and in row crop country they aren’t used.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Phila

Post by Phila »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:10 pm Not sure what tramlines are called in this side of the pond, and in row crop country they aren’t used.
The were a revelation here (once you got used to it and got the drill doing it right ....) pre- GPS. No more messing with marker poles or the briefly lived ‘bubble ‘ markers that blew away in a breeze.

caused much hilarity to me and mates when we watched ‘Gladiator’ and as he runs his hands across the barley in AD23, there are tranmlines visible!

Must fit a kit to my drill in game. I’m also going playing it straight as my drill is 6m, the spreader is 18m so tramlines set for 18m so ‘contractors’ have to use 18m or 36m kit.
Last edited by Phila on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phila

Post by Phila »

The MB needs larger wheels and or axle crank to get it higher plus crop protectors aka plastics or metal brushes that pushed the crop away from wheels.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Harvesting with MF32 . the mod is is a bit rough/not quite finished and a bit unreliable in using CP. In RL the Massey combines of this period had a bad rep so by that happy coincidence I will be looking to replace it with a NH or a Claas. Grain shed is flat floor concrete ex cow shed , the trailers dumps at the bottom of the heaps and the JCB with grain dozer then pushes it up to the right, even level. In RL , an even level of grain to a set depth needed as you would either have under floor air channels fitted (common thing to do old sheds) or above ground moveable pipes to blow hot air through for drying or *censored* out the head. In the game I have fiddled with the heap storage mod - https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... _id=143730 - to fit in the sheds with the trailer tip point just outside the door and the heap then grows, the JCB is there for roleplay.

ImageImage Image [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kzQPbL]Image
Phila

Post by Phila »

Lime spreading by contractors (FWC County and Unimog ) led to messy ploughing session. Other field work... some wheat I baled and sold got sprayed then disced so I could planet rape aka canola early as possible. Any field with a decent slope/top of a hill I call 'light' amd gets tines after the plough, all else is heavy and gets power harrow after plough.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Phila

Post by Phila »

My farm has a lot of scrubby woodland . Not really a huge timber market in lowland UK in the 1990s but there was increasing return to open fires and wood stoves as a trend thing, plus the start of the biomass boiler and heating market. So for a winter diversion , I started a logs and chips business.... the red winch tractor is a County tractor made 'forest proof' and called a 'Highland Bear'. The winch works by the way in game, very clever. The Bear pulls the chainsaw cut logs out of the wood and down to firmer ground where they get loaded by my existing kit and taken to a chipper I set up in a spare shed. Haul chips myself to the sell point. None of my kit could handle the tree planter ('cut one , plant three') so leased a Fiat crawler.

ImageImage

ImageImage
Phila

Post by Phila »

hello

Cool little mod for hand planting saplings - which I'm doing in the corners of some fields , especially where 'cut off' very sharp corners of fields which were a pain for the 5 furrow plough. And i can just fit a pallet of saplings in the back of the SWB!