1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell Map

Share your creations with us!
Phila

Re: 1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell Map

Post by Phila »

ah whoops - installed the realism mods mid ploughing this field and the 8170 sank like it was on a peat bog and would not budge! So ran the portable toolbox/workshop to it in the Landrover and switched from Michelin to Trellborg tyres and all as good - I guess the modder did not designate the M tyres as 'mud' or something.

But then Landrover got stuck! Had been ok when moving but once stopped... had to push it to the field edge with 8170! Will have to change the xml to give the SWB mud/float tyres...

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kQW3m1]
Phila

Post by Phila »

Hay making. I've made baled silage in late spring for my beef fattening unit, now to keep my kit busy in early summer and have another income stream I am making and selling horse grass hay.

ah the challenges of setting up an offset mower in courseplay, especially a towed one... maximum headlines and then 'lands' option is least worst way . But this towed mower is right for my role play.

I buy a second hand Lely-Welger small bale baler - fab as welger made balers for many makes including MF. And it works with the straw harvest mod so you an see me loading baler twine from back of the trusty landrover. BUT the mod baler does not unfold but stays in transport mode so end up driving on the swath, and worse it produces small bales that neither of the two small bale autoload trailers will pick up! fun hand loading 60 bales...... so I switched back to the old New Holland.

Dear modders... :) can we add small bale pick up to all auto bale trailers , I tried but got lost in sizing square bales... also why can't we have a small bale sledge/8 bale accumulator ..... https://www.farmmachinerylocator.co.uk/ ... ns-buzzard

Image Image
Image Image
Phila

Post by Phila »

Harvest time - iconic Dominator , Salop and Weston 10 ton trailers. I run same system as used when I was a kid = two trailers , one left on headland while other being run to shed. No chaser bins here!

in the shed - I resized the Country Heaps mod, added a wall from a silage silo that looked closed to the grainwalls we used to use, unless we thought the breezeblock shed walls had been reinforced and could take the weight - one day we learnt that the hard way... Trailer tips, the JCB pushes up and levels the grain to an even height, latter is just cosmetic. I now have 2 bunkers in each of three sheds which were otherwise useless to me.

Next is to add the drying/cooler system. permanent versions of these flat floors had under floor perforated pipes, temp one above floor pipes. Either were plugged into a big fan, with or without a burner dryer. Was is why width and level height of grain mattered to get right volumes of air through. On really hot summers it was as much about cooling as drying. These walls I picked because hollow so can put a feed air pipe inside them.

Image Image
Image Image
Phila

Post by Phila »

Selling straw (my JCB , contractor hauling it. Tillage is go , plus some lime spreading with the Angry Milkfloat.

Spot the proper subsoiling , none of the 9in chisel nonsense, but 3 feet of solid iron. :) One very dry year on heavy clay, it made cracks you could put your arm down and a rod would hit the gravel above the field drain. Throws up big lumps of soil so discs after words to chop and level. As I'm already ploughing a lot, for roleplay purproses I subsoil any one field a year that comes up as needing lime.

My roleplay tillage plan is:
- plough oilseed rape/canola as thick stalks to bury
- plough anything where straw was chopped
- disc, and I mean offset deep disc, stubble where straw was baled and removed.
Then I'll run powerharrow over it all in front of drill.

Much discussed elsewhere is issue of how easy it is to plant straight into ploughed or otherwise 'roughly' worked ground without penalty . With the precision farming stuff now available there must be a way into reducing yield if you do so.

ImageImage
Image Image
Phila

Post by Phila »

Now have brought an extra power harrow (a green and orange Amazon as close to the orange Maschios we had. The idea is to do the power harrowing just ahead of the faster moving drill as bad news to have too much rain on some soils that have been power harrowed before they are drilled..... goes into pudding. I want to roll some lighter fields after drilling to seal in moisture and improve germination, but I've run out of tractors, so hired in my contractor in his MB Trac ...a classic contractor beast. I must fit some proper terratyre SFT floats to that some day.. I use the roller that very clverly allows an addition of a fertiliser level, because I treat fertiliser levels as any way of increasing germination /growth/yield.

Image Image
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

For screenshots try the prt scrn key. Makes a screenshot in the screenshots folder (which is located in the same folder as the mod folder)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Cheers. I’ve had real problems with that before now but will try again
Phila

Post by Phila »

Cheers. I’ve had real problems with that before now but will try again
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Or if on Steam you can use F12
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Thanks to advice here finally got screenshot sorted - it was filing them somewhere odd.... sorted now.

Just moved some beasts in from paddock to the shed for winter. The trusty MF 135 on feeding and bale straw duty.

As with my grain sheds. I don't see point of big empty sheds on maps you can only store tractors in! Any real farm maximises building use, it does not slap up a new grain bin or cow shed. So I took a polish cow shed , stripped out milk tanks and all the building bits , left the feed barrier etc, the manure piles up in the pen, and not by magic in a separate bunker. No slurry. Resized to fit and closed end off with some gate mods.

Phila

Post by Phila »

and talking of grain sheds... loading out by elevator and the have to finish of with the JCB. Selling oil seed rape as at top price. This artic (leased as a 'contract' haulier( is a as big as I ca get down the small roads. Am looking for a more suitable 1990s UK grain truck as the short trailer here is a modern cross country wagon.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

The series looks great. I'm pleased to see there's someone else who doesn't like big empty sheds! :D
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Phila

Post by Phila »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:13 pm The series looks great. I'm pleased to see there's someone else who doesn't like big empty sheds! :D
Cheers - its all a bit of light therapy combined with me finally getting to play with the kit the boss wouldn't buy :)

Meanwhile:

Winter lumber work. I'm clearing out various corners of woodland, leaving the scenic trees around the edges and replanting in the middle.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Winter odd jobs... feeding (the cattle I can't fit in shed...).. selling grain (non-artic truck due to narrow lanes...and might be time to muck out soon!
Phila

Post by Phila »

Decided I needed another multi-purpose 90s tractor, smaller than the main beasts. Also as farm is npw bigger a fast tractor on tractor duty will be handy and i can now afford and justify a spray outfit. So the answer is... MB Trac of course. Shown here with what would be called a spray deck these days, but is RL would be filling up with an autostop from the water source, so you can rapid fill from tank. And the 1250 on crop wheels applying some top dressing.
ImageImage
ImagefsScreen_2021_05_26_21_54_38