1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell Map

Share your creations with us!
Phila

Re: 1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell Map

Post by Phila »

I've set up a separate dairy outfit on same map. I'm tracking the £ independently and it is not the flashiest outfit.... uses Fords. The forager is a modern item but battered looks good, though really should be a Claas. I set the forager/TW25 on CP then drobe trailer, but also retrofitted the forager with the mountable hook (didn't have one) so can tow a trailer, which the TW25 has grunt to do. I replaced one of the PBES (pointless big empty sheds) with two working cow sheds. this will be a no straw slurry operation using clamped silage. The outfit will use a loader a lot but can't afford shiny so non=descript ex-quarry bucket. The scaper tractor (scraping purely roleplay) is old Ford 5000. Then a couple of early 90s Fords. The farm runabout is a UK model Toyato hilux. Thanks to all the modders who made this possible!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Absolutely loving all the Fords lad, I think this may be my favourite one yet lol, great work keeping this going.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Thanks. Had to grit my teeth buying blue...:) hardcore MF fan boy.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

We all have our favourites haha, Ford is my true love, we used have all Fords when i was younger but now its Case and Newholland we have, you'll be pleased to know we do have a Massey 185, savage little yoke to stay running. Lol
Phila

Re: 1990s Cotswolds England aka Charwell

Post by Phila »

I started driving tractors on MF135 aged Er... let’s just say too young ! And MF178, through MF590... awful tractor... My first proper ‘one driver’ tractor was a 2wd MF699 with a five furrow one way kverneland plough and 3m power Harrow. On the ‘family farm’ , not ours but where my Dad worked 35 years. The contracting and working elsewhere so some Fendts, a season on a 200hp Fiat with a 5 furrow reversible Dowseswell in VERY heavy clay and 4m Dodeswell power Harrow , which was BIG in those days. And before I stopped working for living and got a non-farming job I got to use a big JD think a 4760.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Harvest time with my new grain runner the MB Trac. Btw I love this Claas mod is for little touches - like it detects you are cutting rape or beans and puts side bar cutters on header, or if cereals the divider. Very clever. And fueling up and servicing the combine from the Landrover/cheap tank combo.

Phila

Post by Phila »

So my cowshed. My hack of a mod to produce an internal pen for an existing building (and so cattle spend summer on grass pasture and wimter inside) is throwing too many errors. So I'm going to edit map to removed building and put in a suitable modern cow shed mod. But to do it properly... sold cows. Check out the muck pile! Out using my loader and trailer and dumped in field, let it rot down a bit. Then as I can't justify buying my own spread, I use a contractor (JD 3050, Bobcat, chain and barrel spreader).

Phila

Post by Phila »

Now the shed builders are in to take down and build new shed. Pics of new set up to follow once built.

ImagefsScreen_2021_06_01_21_31_58
Phila

Post by Phila »

Straw contractor , old Volvo loader, typical lorry/trailer set up so it can get down tight lanes and into small yards. And in a wet field we could pull the trailer around by tractor and then cross load to the truck.

Phila

Post by Phila »

Sad news heavy metal fans: time to trade in the V8 MF2745. Love it but now aged (role play: I'm letting kit go after going down to zero and repairing three//four times), and I need 4wd and a bigger HP as my acreage grows. So hello new MF 8160 which is a 200hp version of the second hand 8140 I have. The 8160 becomes main plough and heavy pull tractor, the 8140 moves to discs and powerharrow lead beast.

(I've just XML tweaked the existing 8140 to 200hp, which is why badge still says 8140 not 60 as I'm too dim to make the graphics change. :) )

Phila

Post by Phila »

Other changes : invested in a simple chisel plough to deal with some compaction/pans on heavier sol, plus if I do that asap after harvest I encouarge weed growth ready be plough in or disced up. the big two leg subsoiler is for cracking open very heavy clay down to the drainage a gravel... So on some fields it will be subsoil or chisel plough , then plough or disc , then power harrow then drill. Ah who needs mintill, diesel is cheap, prices are good, if it was good enough for Dad etc etc :)

Seen here in action alongside the contractors FWC County spreading lime aka the Angry Milk Float - still love it Peter J!

Other pics of planting prep and see new cowshed behind JCB...
Phila

Post by Phila »

Grassland maintenance - light harrows and roller . Btw anyone across a working weeder for grass that is harrows or a roller ?
Phila

Post by Phila »

I have small grass field in a awkward spot that is not worth cultivating. I planted fruits trees and put some free range chickens , feeding them home grown wheat. Put in a standpipe mod and using old water tank to irrigate trees.
(any one think of a way to auto water the trees? the clever spray irrigation system mod does not work on trees).
Phila

Post by Phila »

I've started a third enterprise on the map, a beet and potato outfit. It will be green machine outfit , JDs, Fendts, Deutz, but here is a JD40 ploughing ready for potatoes . Also my new regular milk tanker pickup .
Phila

Post by Phila »

Winter work...

Load of logs on way off the farm - £50k thanks!

Automated feeding of my outdoor chickens! Really wanted a much smaller auger trailer or single axle gravity with a few ton capacity - in UK you see them sometimes towed by ATVs fpr free feeding sheep pigs and chickens... If any knows of such a mod...