Starting over on Yukon River Valley

Share your creations with us!
Mwal

Starting over on Yukon River Valley

Post by Mwal »

So I decided to do a thing similar to spunkydog to show how it goes starting over on a new map for me. The map I chose was Yukon River Valley for its size and its variation in things to do. I took about half of my last seasons profits (five million) and headed up to Yukon to start up a second operation. Five million seems like a lot but really it bought me about 600 acres of desolate wasteland, a small pit where I can make gravel, and a sawmill with very few trees around on the land I own, haha. My starting equipment will be a small hitachi backhoe, a D8, a scraper, an old MF tractor and an old D9 with a winch. This leaves me with around 750,000 to buy everything else I will need including cattle and a barn, a house so I can get out of the camper, and a fair bit of small farm equipment.

Heading out on the barge to the new spot. The barge is quick but its also the only way to get to town or shops in winter without plowing miles of really deep snow.

View of the barge landing for my homestead, definitely not getting a lowboy in to haul anything close to the mine without work. I'm going to resort to opening up the landing and the road to the sawmill as its the closest area to the landing and I will set up a temporary staging area there until the snow melts.

The mine and all I will see of it until the thaw.

First, second, and third barge loads.

Opening up the landing

Walking the backhoe to checkout the sawmill

Blowing open roads and the staging area

All done, now I just need some snow to melt so I can make some money. In the mean time I will be hauling out some farm equipment and make sure I have everything I need to hit the ground running come spring time.
Spunky_Dogg

Re: Starting over on Yukon River Valley

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

I love that you're doing this Mwal, I'll be for sure following. You also make me insanely jealous I had a good enough computer to run this on PC. Keep going with this, I'm excited!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Same here! Very excited to follow!

Also, this may have already been posted on the forums, but who is the author of this wonderful map? Thanks in advance :hi:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:03 am Same here! Very excited to follow!

Also, this may have already been posted on the forums, but who is the author of this wonderful map? Thanks in advance :hi:
https://m.facebook.com/RealisticGamingCrew/
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Snows gone! This allowed me to cruise around and get the lay of the sections of land we bought. I found a place to build a small cabin near an existing old dairy barn we will be possibly salvaging to raise beef cattle until we get a proper operation in place or possibly a small dairy to get things started, I haven't quite decided where I'm going to start. The ice is still on and makes a convenient short cut to haul wood chips from the rented tub grinder I'm using to get wood chips to the mill to use as fuel so the future clearing and grubbing can be salvaged as a sellable product. We fired up the plant at the pit to check the functionality of everything and it works well. I also wanted to get the pit ready for the scraper so I can roll into producing gravel after the spring planting season ends. Once the ground thawed I broke around 75 new acres of land with about 75 more to go this year. These fields will be my wheat and corn fields. The other three fields total around 50 acres and will be canola, soybeans, and either beets or sunflowers. As far as haying goes there are multiple meadows I can mow for the first year but I will be breaking a dedicated hay field this fall. Other than that just some various farm work and looking into work for winter time.

Drove into town to check it out before the snow had melted
Hauling equipment up to the mine
Clearing out the first 75 acre field and hauling the chips to the mill
Breaking new ground and putting lime on
Making the pit safe
Apparently not safe enough
Hauling to and testing out the plant
The cabins finished, its not much but it beats the trailer or the sleeper on the KW its set to be behind the future cabin so i can live in it while the other is built
Putting a new toy to use, this will make getting around much easier. We won the bid to remove this sandbar that blocks northern river traffic to a small lane. We're a small company but we own the land along the bar and have a plan to haul it just off the river with off road trucks after piling material up and allowing the cold winter temps to freeze a haul road down, then hauling it out a short distance to dump in a field. In the future we can wash and use the sand, trucking it a short distance to the plant site with side dumps as we need it.
The sandbar I will be removing
Standing on the sandbar