A small growing farm

Share your creations with us!
Mwal

Re: A small growing farm

Post by Mwal »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:36 am
11.5 hours seems a long time :shock:
I play at 1x speed and try to stay semi realistic with equipment sizes. I definitely don’t get time to play much more than a few hours at a time at the most, I just play part of a task through multiple play times, that’s why there’s so much time between updates.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Love seeing your updates Mwal *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:59 am Love seeing your updates Mwal *thumbsup*
Thank you!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:59 am Love seeing your updates Mwal *thumbsup*
Same
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:34 pm
Same
Thanks!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sorry It's been a while, fall and early winter are extremely busy times for me IRL. I don't get much time to play so it either comes down to playing or updating here so I chose to wait and do one massive update to show all my progress thus far.
Last time I updated i promised the silage total, it was just shy of 500,000 liters
After corn silage we chopped around 200,000 liters of haylage
We put up a new shed and bought some new equipment
The shed is for our feeder operation, somewhere to keep a few pieces out of the rain
The Terra Gator is a great addition allowing us to take fertilizing contracts and start to make money to pay back our debts
The loader and telehandler are to help out on the farm, they are updates that will help out with an addition were about to talk about in a bit
We also purchased a trailer (truck was leased until a good option comes up)
Next up was the sunflower harvest, we ended up with about 75,000 liters.
My Brother helped out pulling the cart with the tractor we sold him, we're shorthanded currently as we weren't really planning to buy a field that we would have to harvest with a crop we wouldn't normally deal with
Then it was onto the soybean harvest. It wasn't what we wanted but with limited land comes limited choice, the total was 50,000 liters. Next year we plan to at least double that.
There's the replacement truck, it's a T800 Kenworth it's not the greatest shot but it's in there.
After beans we baled the straw, we sold 105 8000-liter bales.
Then my personal favorite, beet harvest. Another more disappointing quantity that we will be looking to more than double next year, 310,000 liters
We took a baling contract we wished we hadn't haha, couldn't resist though as it payed off my remaining debt and bank rolled the 524k loader.
Our total bales baled wrapped and hauled away was 996 6000-liter big squares
We rented the challenger baler for this job
We have also been doing fall tillage and drilling in winter wheat, canola, and barley
The picture below is what I mentioned earlier, why I needed a payloader and telehandler. I purchased field 1 and 4, field 1 came with an established pig operation and small grain farm (its where my player marker is in the first photo) shown in some of the photos below. It has 4 hopper bottom bins, one drying bin, two harvester silos for high moisture corn, a hayshed, a small shop, and two 500 head hog barns
This shows where the new operation is from my existing one in the southwest corner
I ended up buying 200 head of hogs
Lastly I am just readying myself for the corn harvest which is the last and our biggest. We got rid of the Demco grain cart we had been leasing and bought a used Kinze. There is another kind of shot of the T800 I bought
Bought 2 case tractors, an 1175 and a 1070 the 1070 is pictured here waiting for the corn to start coming in. Really needed some utility tractors after getting rid of the Massey we had due to it having far too many problems
Next update will be corn as while typing this the game is running and its ready to harvest but just waiting on rain to stop.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Nice, always enjoy reading your updates on this farm. Thinking about a savegame on FS22, or are you holding off for the type of mods that work with your playstyle?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Thanks, I have most of what I want to get started, I’m just waiting on a few things (some of which I know are in the list) and a few that I’m not so sure about like the map objects remover and straw me or something similar and some American beet equipment. Tyson converted NEFG’s challengers and western Iowas Kinzes which I was extremely excited about. I’m also sort of waiting for giants to balance the game out, as I hate really hate starting over. My map if I would get everything I felt I want would be Hastings ND right now but that could change if I like that luray Kansas map by Lazy E so that’s a possibility if it’s released. Yukon River valley is a maybe as well. It’s going to be pretty exciting to switch this summer is my guess but in the meantime I will keep testing mods I want and probably make one more harvest on canfarm before I switch. Speaking of testing I have your chopper and new Holland self propelled in my mod lineup for 22, nice work
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

I'm sorry if it's offtopic but i just noticed this..

If you can't see the UI, it's really hard to tell if the screenshot is from FS17, FS19 or FS22...shows how much it was improved in the last 6 years..
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

h3rich wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:43 pm I'm sorry if it's offtopic but i just noticed this..

If you can't see the UI, it's really hard to tell if the screenshot is from FS17, FS19 or FS22...shows how much it was improved in the last 6 years..
Nope that’s fine I like to chitchat. I have a pretty nice pc and run shaders, I do agree that 22 doesn’t look much different than 19 with shaders, I also take several hundred screenshots per update and really cherry pick the best ones, this last update was pushing 600 that I had to pick from because I waited so long to do it haha.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Haha, that must take you hours :) I always forget to take screenshots while playing. Must be nice to have such a history logbook of the farm.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah it’s fun, something different to do that I enjoy. I like seeing how others play the game and sharing how I do, it’s one of the best parts of forum in my opinion
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 pm Thanks, I have most of what I want to get started, I’m just waiting on a few things (some of which I know are in the list) and a few that I’m not so sure about like the map objects remover and straw me or something similar and some American beet equipment. Tyson converted NEFG’s challengers and western Iowas Kinzes which I was extremely excited about. I’m also sort of waiting for giants to balance the game out, as I hate really hate starting over. My map if I would get everything I felt I want would be Hastings ND right now but that could change if I like that luray Kansas map by Lazy E so that’s a possibility if it’s released. Yukon River valley is a maybe as well. It’s going to be pretty exciting to switch this summer is my guess but in the meantime I will keep testing mods I want and probably make one more harvest on canfarm before I switch. Speaking of testing I have your chopper and new Holland self propelled in my mod lineup for 22, nice work
Yeah, been some nice mods starting to fill the gaps, and some new ones too. I don't have a savegame, so the patches that Giants make concern me more for modding than gameplay haha. I'm waiting for Westby 4x and a fix from Giants so my game doesn't crash every 15-20 minutes, then I'll have a proper savegame running for a while amidst my modding efforts. Also, thanks, I had a lot of fun with the choppers and swather. Gotta learn how to do Blender someday though so I don't have to rely on conversions to make good models lol

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:49 pm Yeah it’s fun, something different to do that I enjoy. I like seeing how others play the game and sharing how I do, it’s one of the best parts of forum in my opinion
Yeah, I don't visit the general discussion section anymore because it's either tons of people needing help with random issues or just more drama. I keep this and a few other threads on my notifications and just use Discord otherwise. Much easier to help people when it's a real-time conversation as well.

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Well the weather finally cleared out and I was able to combine my corn the total was 200,000 liters
And we're Finished and drying corn
Baled up 380 corn stalk bales as well
After Harvest wrapped, we started washing and prepping equipment for sale and trade
Hauling some beet pulp to feed the cattle
Then I went shopping, sold both my old combines, my old ford service truck, my old 95e challenger, and my 8-row planter and amity drill and upgraded to this newer lineup.
I also traded my kuhn disc off of on a kinze mach till, bought a tigermate and roller, traded the kuhn knight spreader in and bought 2 artex spreaders and a houle liquid spreader which will arrive in spring.
I have two other large purchases one I will show at the end of this update this is the other, a grain leg which repurposed my three existing bins
Other than that its just feeding cows and pigs and various other jobs around the farm
moving snow
Turned the truck I bought into a proper service truck
Hauled in washed spuds, dry corn, and sunflowers
Had a pretty lucrative contract for hauling road salt for the county
My last big update is I bought a considerable amount of land and had to take on some debt to do it, normally I don't do debt but with FS22 slowly becoming more and more enticing I can't imagine I have to many seasons left on this save so I figured why not. Here's my new land previously I owned field 1,2,4,13,16, and the bottom left corner where I started everything with created fields. I have now more than doubled my farm and it should make the next season a very busy one
Next update will be spring, here's a couple pics, I have already started stockpiling ****