Felsbrunn. Going back to where it all started.

Share your creations with us!
El_Nino_NL

Felsbrunn. Going back to where it all started.

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Hi all,

Hope to continue this one last adventure until FS22 comes out.

I have farmed all over the world, from close to home in The Netherlands, different parts in Europe to far far away in the USA, Canada and even for a small period of time in Brazil. I have seen it all, used it all and almost farmed it all.

Having sunk loads of money in all these different adventures, bought hundreds of different machinery, I have decided to go for one last investment of €500.000,- which I have taken from different farms all over the world and retake the farm where it all started for me.

Arriving in the late afternoon I noticed my old farm is gone. Fields are there, but all my tractors, implements, buildings, everything is gone.
After talking to some old friends at the local pub, I came to learn it all burned down to the ground several years ago. The so called friends who farmed the land for me stopped all insurances a month before the fire and sold all my equipment and just ran off, nobody knows where.

Hoping to have more than enough money to start farming my oldest farm again, I now have a couple hundred thousand Euro's short as I need buy the fields, tractors, implements and everything needed to farm and make money. Luckily I still have some good old friends who are here to help me with this last adventure.

I could get a decent discount on my machinery, but unfortunately not the fields and I could only buy 2 of them, instead of the 10 or so which I had. One of the fields, the largest of course, already had potato's in them, the previous owner, an old man had planted them the day before I arrived and did not want anything for it in return, except a small box so he could put the potato's in bags and hand them over to friends and family.

Months after my arrival I finally had a couple buildings up to store my equipment, but no house of my own as I did not have the money to build a house. With some discount, it would still cost me a little under €200.000,- to build a house and it will take a while before I will have the money. The innkeepers are good friends and let me stay with them rent free until I can afford a nice home for myself.

When the potato's where ready to harvest, my friends at the dealership had some nice equipment, suited for my nice little tractor to harvest it all. The width is very small, but I have all the time in the world to harvest them.
With one small tractor and loads of potato's to harvest, one of the farmers nearby came to help with his tractor to dig them up so I only had to pick them up and put them in a trailer. Process of slow as the trailer I could afford can only hold 2 full loads. I am ever grateful for my helping neighbor as it would last for several days to harvest it all and with his help, it would only take me a couple days.

This is me signing off for the first part of this new adventure where I had to start all over again instead of having a big farm to take back.
I have added a picture of the harvest in full swing.

See you guys after the potato harvest.

I have started this save with almost no mods. I have GC, GC Icons, Additional Field Info and some GIANTS mods which I like to have in game. A total of 39 mods and the DLC's I have. Grimme, Anderson, Claas, Kverneland and Alpine.
After the potato harvest I will add seasons and the Brunn geo
El_Nino_NL

Re: Felsbrunn. Going back to where it all started.

Post by El_Nino_NL »

So, it took me about 2 weeks to harvest the potato's as the price dropped like crazy halfway through my field. Some other farmer sold a couple hundred thousand liters of potato's and after which the price dropped below €200,- per 1000 liters. As I have no resources to buy anything like something to scoop the potato's from the ground so I had to leave them on the ground until the price increased. After about 2 weeks I got a call from a friend the price reached near €350,- per 1000 liters, so I could continue with the harvest.

What did I do while waiting for the price to increase again? Nothing much. Visited some old friends, talked about the old days and trying to find out if someone knows anything about my so called friends who managed my farm while I was discovering the world.
I also thought it was needed to sow the small field with some canola. I didn't think about harvesting it and so I had a ripe crop, but no means to harvest it. Not nearly enough money to buy a harvester and with the size and yield of the field, leasing one I might loose money on the field instead of gaining money. But, the canola was ripe and I was unable to harvest it.

After a couple days my friend at the local dealership contacted me about a nice little harvester, but still, to expensive for me, so I could borrow it from him and pay him a little fee for using it. Might buy it in the future, when I have the funds needed.
I'm also in the market for a new tractor, one with a front loader so I can drop my potato's on the ground in the future when there is a massive price drop. And a tractor with a little more power then I have now. I believe I now have about 100HP, I'm in the market for something like 150HP and a little faster then I have now, 35KM/h is really not fast if one is in the middle of a potato harvest and every 5 rows I need to go to the sellpoint and believe my, I had about 30 rows of potato's. I did see a little Fendt at the dealership, a 315c and it's capable of attaching a front loader and has a top speed of 50KM/H.

So, I'm now in full swing of my little canola harvest and hopefully I can make some money of it, after borrowing/leasing the harvester.

Here is a drone picture I took while harvesting. I just unloaded the crops into the trailer and about to start again.

So, I'm off to harvest and see you again after I have sold it and have something to share again with all of you.
Oh and by the way, I'm not any further with finding out what happened with my old farm.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

After harvest I contacted some of the locals for a place to sell my canola. I made about €7000,- from the field and with the lease of the harvester, I could keep about €2000,-

With a lot of contract I did, I had enough money to buy a mower and a baler. I mowed all the grass surrounding my 2 fields and made 18 standard size bales. I wrapped them and sold them to the animal dealer who gave me €20.000,- for my 18 bales. The following year I seeded my fields with soybeans which gave me a lot of money.
After some consideration, I have bought/build a chicken pen and bought 100 chickens to start with. Hopefully, they will give me loads of eggs.

Instead of buying a new tractor, I have decided to buy a skidsteer. At the moment, I have enough horses in my little tractor to do all of the field work I need to do. The only thing it, like I said before, this little beast is a bit slow, but on the other hand, with the fast pace of living and working on a farm, some slow moments to bring the crops to a sell point is quite welcoming. So, a skidsteer to move around bags of fertilizer and seeds it pretty helpful.

In the last year, I have found a scrapyard, a couple km's to the south of here and bought some very cheap sheet metal, pipes and a couple more things. They also had a couple old sea containers and so I have build a "house" for myself.
With the sheet metal and pipes I have build a small silo, I hope it's big enough to store my crops in and keep some wheat for the chickens all year round.

For this year, we are now in early spring, I will sow my big field with wheat for the chickens and the small field with another round of potato's.

Here is a picture I took from the silo and the chicken pen.
I have enabled seasons, with the Brunn geo. I'm running a 6 day season and we will see how it goes from now on and further.
I might want to enable Precision farming as well, but not at the moment.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

What skid loader did you ultimately get?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

The last couple days, I had expanded my large field into a larger one. After the coming harvest, I will expand both fields into one large field.
First, I'm going to plant potato's in the small field and wheat in the large field. Well, that is if the temperatures are going to rise. I'm halfway trough spring and the ground it still to cold to plant anything.

I do know, I still hate to spread lime onto my fields. Although the price of lime it quite cheap, I always needs loads and loads of it. I had an idea of transporting the big bags with my new skid steer, but they are way to heavy for my little helper and of course, I have no money to buy a flatbed trailer.

As I'm nearing the end of spring, the ground temperature is finally high enough so I can sow my field. I have decided I go for barley in my big field as my chickens will eat it as well as wheat, but I will have more of it so I can maybe sell a trailer load to also gain some income from the field.
It took me half a day to sow the field with my 3m seeder, but I did got it all in the ground. Had to buy a new bag of seeds and so the money was gone again and I still have to fertilize. Took some contracts for a couple farmers nearby and hopefully I will have enough resources again after I'm done with it.

When I have the much needed funds, I will continue with the potato's in the small field. Probably is going to cost me quite a bit in seeds, but we should see a lot of income from them.

As requested, here are some more pictures. I will also add some pictures of the field extension I made to make the big field even bigger.

In front of the field I made a little extension

And on the right side, I have made an extension as well. Might add the small field to it as well after the coming harvest.

Signing off, until next time. Probably after the potato's are in the ground and fertilized.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

The Glorious L218… great for bales and not much else :lol: for some reason I like that little thing a lot though.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Sooo..., I have been very busy during summer and autumn. Did some logging to gain a little money and to clear some land to enlarge my fields. Hated it though, I hate logging. Picking up logs with minds or their own, jumping around instead of listening to what I want from them. Made me quite a lot of money though, leased a truck and after a view trees I decided I was done with it, truck was always very unstable while driving a load to the sawmill. It got me thinking, why don't I cut the logs smaller and cut them up for the coming winter and sell them as fire wood. While we are at the end of autumn, we have made some money of the logs already. Even in summertime people around here do want firewood.

I have also expended my monthly income while waiting for my crops to grow and build 2 greenhouses. One with tomato's and one with flowers. The flowers are really welcoming and they sell like ice cream on a hot day. Made me loads of money to the point you are going to doubt of you need to continue with all the hassle of crowing crops and harvesting them if you only need some greenhouses, loads of flower seeds, water and fertilizer. Even in wintertime people want flowers in their homes.... But, I do like the hassle of growing crops and harvesting them and waiting for a really good price to sell them at.

The greenhouses though, they got me loads of money during the summer and I got myself a nice little Deere with a front loader, weights in the back wheels and more horses then my little moneymaker. Don't get me wrong, I really like my little Buhrer, but an opencab tractor is really cold during autumn and winter.

Here is my happy little Deere, waiting for me to take him home with a load of fertilizer. Oh and the trailer is also new. Needed something to carry loads of fertilizer for the greenhouses.
For those interested, it's a John Deere 6110M. With pain in my heart, I also have sold the skid steer. It was really slow, could not tow a trailer, not even a really small one and trying to take home a load of fertilizer, was a bit to heavy and I could only take one pallet at the time. I will buy another one in the future, but I think it will be one with tracks, they don't tend to lean over when trying to move something a little heavy.

I said I would come back after I planted the potato's and fertilized it all, but it had taken me a couple months longer then that. Been quite busy as you could have read. With the money from the flowers and tomato's and loads of fertilizing contracts (people are really lazy around here) I also managed to buy myself a harvester. Nothing fancy or big or anything, but I can harvest my fields with her. She was cheap and I think great value for money in this stage of my farm.
Here she is, after harvesting the most part of my field before it was to cold and the crop to wet. I think I have to plow the remaining part of the field.

With the weather quite cold in the spring, I could plant my fields really late and that's probably why I'm now to late with the harvest. My potato's are also still in the ground, but the ground is frozen and there is nothing to so about that. I can only hope, while the potato's are already topped, they will stay healthy in the ground until I can dig them up. Fingers crossed.
I am ready to go, but the weather doesn't like me.

Sorry for the late post and thus the long post. Haven't had the time to sit at the computer and let you all know how I was doing, but here it is. Hope you like reading it and see you probably next year, or maybe if I can dig my potato's up this year I will give you all an update about it.