Skywalker Dairy: A New Start on Autumn Oaks

Share your creations with us!
Dairydeere

Skywalker Dairy: A New Start on Autumn Oaks

Post by Dairydeere »

This is my continuation of the Skywalker Dairy farm, but this time I have moved from Mercer County, Ohio to Casco, Wisconsin in the Autumn Oaks area. All my assets sold on Mercer totalled to about $5M, which I took with me to Autumn Oaks. I own 240 acres of land with two dairy farms and a $250,000 loan. I have 12 day seasons, Precision Farming, and a handful of other semi-realistic mods. The goal? Raise dairy cows while paying off the loan, and just have fun.

The first spring has come for me on Autumn Oaks. Luckily, the farmer who sold his ground to me had kept the land maintained for the most part. Only a few corn fields needed plowing, and I disced up a bean field to plant alfalfa in. He didn't believe in artificial fertilizers though, so my next job would be to spray the winter wheat, triticale, and rye with nitrogen before I needed to mow or combine them. Once I get a few implements sorted out, I'll show my full equipment lineup. That might be towards wintertime though since I can already see myself swamped by grasswork :lol:

Spring haylage update will be coming soon, I hope you enjoy reading this :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Re: Skywalker Dairy: A New Start on Autumn Oaks

Post by DEERE317 »

Did that 4020 make the journey? :neutralnew: :geeknew:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 am Did that 4020 make the journey? :neutralnew: :geeknew:
You bet it did. Don't get ahead of me, I'll include it in the spring haylage post tomorrow :wink3:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

April: Spring haylage is here!
No pictures of applying the liquid nitrogen on some of the spring forage crops, but we recently did spring haylage on Skywalker Dairy. About 50 acres of triticale and rye planted by the previous farmer were cut and rowed up to be put in a stave silo. This was the first big step towards getting all the feed necessary to feed a nutritious total mixed ration to the heifers I picked off "off-camera". We have 40 head of Holstein heifers in the south pasture grazing, so they won't need any feed until they calve in the winter.

Driving my personal favorite, the 2280 Diesel, while the hired hand follows with the 7420 and MoCo

The Magnum 275 was just lent by a neighbor who we bought the chopper from; the Magnum 8940 will soon be running the chopper. Also pictured is the 4850 2WD which was running wagons to and from the silo

Yes @DEERE317, that is the 4020 :smileynew:

Drone action shot from some chopping

On the last field, we returned the 275 and hooked the 8940 up to the chopper. It pulled absolutely no issues. We also put the 7420 on the chopper wagon when the 4850 got put in the shop for maintenance prior to wheat harvest.

Tomorrow I'm hoping the ground will warm up enough where I can plant some soybeans and corn where they will germinate. If it doesn't get past 45F though, I'll probably be bringing the combine home and doing some more spraying. Hope you enjoyed reading :biggrin2:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

:smileynew:
I like that Ford 2wd. 8340? Tuned?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:45 pm :smileynew:
7840. Figured I didn't need a load of horsepower with a 2WD tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:49 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:45 pm :smileynew:
7840. Figured I didn't need a load of horsepower with a 2WD tractor
Should’ve been a late model 8340 pushing 160hp and on Nokians and we could’ve been twinning dairy tractors.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:21 am Should’ve been a late model 8340 pushing 160hp and on Nokians and we could’ve been twinning dairy tractors.
I like my tread for winter feeding :lol:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 am
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:21 am Should’ve been a late model 8340 pushing 160hp and on Nokians and we could’ve been twinning dairy tractors.
I like my tread for winter feeding :lol:
Mines a pavement queen with the Siloking so figured that Nokians would be the most realistic. May hook it to hay equipment or a chopper box someday but it should be fine.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Any updates on here DairyDeere?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The savegame is sitting in my MEGA drive. Been so focused on getting my John Deere 8000/8010 series released for FS22 that all my Farming Simulator time right now is spent modding :lol: Even then, I barely get time to play

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Ah
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Was meaning to ask, is the Moco in one of your photos an actual Deere Moco or a NH313 reskin?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

That's wademitch's 956 MoCo, I think it's on Mod Network

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Thanks. I’ll have to look into it as I’m currently running the mounted Fella mowers as REA, actual fields (rather than grass “fields”), and the NH313 weren’t getting along, so will have to give that a try to see if it behaves. (Or REA may permanently get the boot as it causes just enough problems to be a pain, PT chopper and wagon act like boat anchors, Gator acts like fields are mud bogs, skidloaders are useless on fields, etc but I unfortunately like the HP requirements for balers as it gives them a bit of variance based on crop type and quantity, and makes high HP actually important)