Aborting studies to help gramps farming in Calmsden

Share your creations with us!
humbe

Re: Aborting studies to help gramps farming in Calmsden

Post by humbe »

After finishing stone picking, we've moved on and seeded Canola, and now we're rolling again.. With the roller we thought to retire long time ago...

It's been a long day, and the lighting is tricky.. Going westwards we see where we have rolled, but going eastwards we don't. (Westwards in the right picture above).

Going north/south direction instead sounds like an easier way to see where we have been, but rolling in another direction than we seeded sounds like something you wouldn't do in real life.

Going to buy a new roller next season, but we already have some loan after buying fields and covering daily expenses in summer, so trying to delay further investments until we've sold Canola in late autumn.
Detourist

Post by Detourist »

So nice to see someone start small on Calmsden – looking at all the big fields.

I haven't read through the whole topic, yet, but I liked the first parts. Great idea to serve content like this.

I think I've just figured out my very own "perfect" scenario to start small and work my way up. I really like Calmsden. Need another day to prepare, but maybe I'll make a topic, too, since I'll not be YouTubeing it.
Detourist

Post by Detourist »

Oh, and in case it hasn't been noted before:

You can turn off DoF via a setting. IIRC it comes with a ModHub mod that offers additional settings.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Got inspired by recent talk here and in general discussion, and a bit tired of playing around in easy economy here, so taking a break from Calmsden and making myself a new scenario to play with ;)..

Found the mod with the extra settings by the way.. Nice to get the setting into the GUI ;)

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:40 pm ... After you finish helping your grand parents in Calmsden, maybe you should go to visit your cousin in Lapacho Farm and also look for your POW uncle in The Western Wilds :lol:

Taking EUROFARMER22 up on his Western Wild challenge. Figure it's time for a hard economy challenge ;) I'll try to make it a historic adventure ;)
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

I like this story. Can you continue it?
Ice_boii :gamer:
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

humbe wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm Sweet...

Now we've got a £85.000 loan, but we need no cultivator anymore. A disc harrow would have cost us at least £19.500 it seems. (We want to avoid regular cultivators as we have nothing to deal with bigger stones yet)

Also, with this direct drill, we can fertilize with oilseed radish easy if we want to.

The shop owner raised an eyebrow when he saw what tractor we came to pickup that big piece of machinery with though ;)
No wonder why you couldnt drive in forward or reverse. :lol:
Ice_boii :gamer: