The Risoux Forest : FeedBack

Share your creations with us!
JMGaming_

The Risoux Forest : FeedBack

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

The Risoux Forest map, is now live.
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022

This thread is open in order to collect your feedback for the next update, including console release.

A few screenshots :

Feel free to tell me what do you want to see in this update. You can also contact me with a private messsage.

Thanks a lot, and have fun !
LockNutz28

Re: The Risoux Forest : FeedBack

Post by LockNutz28 »

Great Map. Seems like it would be a really good map for a forestry tutorial. The rolling hills provide forgiveness to the new forestry players.
Did notice that the tires in the "main" starting location were missing some data. These tires would be located in the small section you start off with on New Farmer mode. When you look inside the tires, you see what is on the back side of them. Like they are not there. Also ran into a few spots where the deer were floating in the air. All minor items, but wanted to give you a heads up. Great Map, and I can't wait to see what comes next!
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,
LockNutz28 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:52 pm Did notice that the tires in the "main" starting location were missing some data. These tires would be located in the small section you start off with on New Farmer mode. When you look inside the tires, you see what is on the back side of them. Like they are not there.
Yes , I will try to fix this issue for the next update.
LockNutz28 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:52 pm Also ran into a few spots where the deer were floating in the air.
Yes, I saw that, but unfortunatly I use the built in script for wildlife, and I cannot fix this bug.
It's probably because the hills are too steep.

Thanks for your feed back,
thraidh

Post by thraidh »

Having fun with the map so far.

Anyway, when driving to the sawmill, the last T-crossing, where you need to leave the gravel path and continue on the dirt path, is far too tight. Among the sign "Scierie des Laizenettes", the stones and the benches it is hard to do that turn with small trailers and impossible with large ones.

On the other hand, the paths look more like they should be used by hikers and actually are traveled by people, anyway, but it is the only way to reach the sawmill, unless you just cut straight through the forest (which I'm doing now).

I was just wondering why or how someone built a sawmill without any access roads for the heavy machinery that is expected to frequent such a place.

Having a real road might just add to my role playing enjoyment to use all the forestry equipment then "right" way, i.e. CTL harvester to cut down trees, forwarder to carry logs to the timber truck and the truck to deliver the logs to the saw mill.

That said, it does not really matter for game play and I'm having fun nonetheless.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

thraidh wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:11 pm
I was just wondering why or how someone built a sawmill without any access roads for the heavy machinery that is expected to frequent such a place.

Hello thraidh,

Thanks for the feedback.

In reality this forest is only cut for the wood which is used to make certain parts of musical instruments such as violins.
But sometimes you have to sacrifice reality for simulation to make the game playable.

Do not hesitate to cut trees and draw your own route to access the sawmill. Or even build your own sawmill.

Thank you very much for playing on the Risoux forest map.
thraidh

Post by thraidh »

Thanks for your response. I'll teach those pesky trees not to stand in my way ;)