Pausing update checking

Share your creations with us!
RocketRick

Pausing update checking

Post by RocketRick »

With the absolute ridiculous download server problems experienced by Giants right now, I was wonder if there was a way to DISABLE the automatic checking for updates when launching the game? Get tired of waiting 2-4 minutes for it to time out with "All servers are down" before loading the game. Thanx in advance!

-Rick
Mwal

Re: Pausing update checking

Post by Mwal »

Curious what causes this, I have pretty slow internet and occasionally I have a 5-10 second wait. Curious if you have slow internet or a weak Wi-Fi connection. To your question of how to circumvent the issue, have you tried temporarily disconnecting from the internet for start up?
RocketRick

Post by RocketRick »

Internet is not slow. I have a direct wired connection to my modem and it transfers just fine. Up/Down speeds are just fine for my streaming and all other sites, just the Giants site is horrendous. Manual download of the 13G 1.4 update took about 9 hours. It should have been about 30-40 minutes at any other site.

-Rick
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

While I don’t disagree that others are better than giants, I have pretty slow internet and I downloaded the same update in a little over an hour. It could very well be just high traffic times you choose to download but I’m just legitimately curious because there seems to be a split on this with some having issues and some not. What seems to always be a common issue is the consistency of the internet speed. I can say in my experience when my speed varies heavily I can’t download from giants hardly at all. It seems to be the major cause of the issues. I agree other places I download from don’t seem to have issues like this when the situation is the same. So maybe run several speed tests in a row and see what’s going on, if anything.
RocketRick

Post by RocketRick »

Test #1:
Ping ms 23 Download Mbps 234.71 Upload Mbps 11.78

Test #2
Ping ms 23 Download Mbps 234.95 Upload Mbps 11.77

As you can see, it's not a speed problem on my end. Maybe it's because Giant's servers are located overseas...I think. Who knows.

Disconnecting my internet temporarily as suggest does cause the auto-updater to time out much faster than 2 minutes, but that's not really a solution. It needs to be fixed. Next time I guess I'll get it through steam which seems to have no problems. Thanx for all the suggestions.

-Rick
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sorry I couldn’t help more, hopefully giants takes a look, because it’s definitely an issue more the just you are having. Here’s another thread with a few other suggestions like trying to temporarily disable third party antivirus software that no one reported back on, maybe you can give it a try viewtopic.php?f=964&t=181897&start=15
RocketRick

Post by RocketRick »

Ya, tried disabling my ESet a/v. No difference. I found a work around though for those of us that are having this particular problem. By-pass the launcher altogether and run FS22 directly. Change the shortcut to point to FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe in the x64 folder instead of the default one with is the launcher. That will skip the update check. Thanx everyone.

-Rick