What is a "rush"?

The Forum for all things FSL.
BoxTunnel

What is a "rush"?

Post by BoxTunnel »

The winning team used a "rush" several times where they seemed to win the match within 10-15 seconds. What were they doing?
Michael5941

Re: What is a "rush"?

Post by Michael5941 »

To win by a rush you must grab all balers or harvesters. If you don't know once a team grabs a harvester or baler off the podium it locks that piece of equipment out for the other team and if 1 team grabs all balers or harvesters the other team wouldn't have the necessary equipment to do what they need to score so it is a automatic loss for them. It a interesting game mechanic that does a good job at keeping teams on their toes even at the start of the match.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Michael5941 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:57 pm To win by a rush you must grab all balers or harvesters. If you don't know once a team grabs a harvester or baler off the podium it locks that piece of equipment out for the other team and if 1 team grabs all balers or harvesters the other team wouldn't have the necessary equipment to do what they need to score so it is a automatic loss for them. It a interesting game mechanic that does a good job at keeping teams on their toes even at the start of the match.
Cheers for that, I understand it now. I couldn't really see what was going on because of the camera angles. Quite enjoyed it though.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Glad it helped and Yeah I was skeptical about this FSL thing but it was quite entertaining to watch and looks pretty fun as well
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
W1der

Post by W1der »

This makes absolutely no sense to me at all ... why is this feature even there?

Oh wait ... I forgot ... this is not a simulator ... it´s an arcade game ... sorry ... my bad! :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Common Soft Rushes are weeds that tend to grow in heavy clay soil. They are quite a pain to get rid of because they are part of the grasses family, so typical selective herbicides that are normally used on grass fields won't work.

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

W1der wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:31 pm This makes absolutely no sense to me at all ... why is this feature even there?

Oh wait ... I forgot ... this is not a simulator ... it´s an arcade game ... sorry ... my bad! :blushnew:
The feature is there for the sole reason that a team can't win if they don't get a single harvester/baler There is no point running the game for 15 minutes while the other team can't do anything. This is a fun game mode, made for entertainment, it doesn't need too much realism.

As for the camera: Our observers are quite new to this, it will get better over time.

We will also look into Rush and see if we want to change anything, for the next two tournaments it stays as it is.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:37 pm Common Soft Rushes are weeds that tend to grow in heavy clay soil. They are quite a pain to get rid of because they are part of the grasses family, so typical selective herbicides that are normally used on grass fields won't work.

:lol:
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:37 pm Common Soft Rushes are weeds that tend to grow in heavy clay soil. They are quite a pain to get rid of because they are part of the grasses family, so typical selective herbicides that are normally used on grass fields won't work.

I have just lost a mouthful of (cheap) wine whilst laughing. I demand recompense Sir.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:28 pm
W1der wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:31 pm This makes absolutely no sense to me at all ... why is this feature even there?

The feature is there for the sole reason that a team can't win if they don't get a single harvester/baler There is no point running the game for 15 minutes while the other team can't do anything. This is a fun game mode, made for entertainment, it doesn't need too much realism.

As for the camera: Our observers are quite new to this, it will get better over time.

We will also look into Rush and see if we want to change anything, for the next two tournaments it stays as it is.
OK ... I am totally lost now ...
I need to look in to this more to understand how it works ... cause as far as I can tell you guys are explaining it the opposite way to each other ... :lol:

I expected each team to start with the exact same equipment and go head to head on equal terms ... the outcome not decided on who "grabs" the best equipment ... :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Yay! Lars is back. I wasn't questioning the mechanic Big Man, I just didn't know what the heck was going on with the rush. I enjoyed watching the finals (especially after some helpful chaps on youtube directed me to Twitch for the English feed with the excellent MrSealyP).

Fortnite has set the bar, when will Farming Simulator offer a thirty million dollar purse? I might get out of bed for that...
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

BoxTunnel wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:56 pm

Yay! Lars is back. I wasn't questioning the mechanic Big Man, I just didn't know what the heck was going on with the rush. I enjoyed watching the finals (especially after some helpful chaps on youtube directed me to Twitch for the English feed with the excellent MrSealyP).

Fortnite has set the bar, when will Farming Simulator offer a thirty million dollar purse? I might get out of bed for that...
I believe lars was replying to W1der
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

W1der wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:29 pm I expected each team to start with the exact same equipment and go head to head on equal terms ... the outcome not decided on who "grabs" the best equipment ... :hmm:
That's the thing though: There is no best equipment. Each of the harvesters and balers has different strengths and weaknesses and it depends on your strategy which one you want to 100% secure.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I didn't mind the rush in the earlier rounds when people were finding their feet a bit, but, and I said this at the time in the Discord chat, I felt that if the final was decided on a rush it would be a huge anti-climax, and that's exactly what happened.

Overall I quite enjoyed the FSL debut though. It's not Farming Simulator in any real sense, but it was still a decent watch.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The team won in the second round of the final without using the rush though, so to me they proved they were capable of beating the other team both ways.
The rules are the same for all teams, they were just better than the rest at finding ways to win.