Exploit/Bug: Contracts Auto Completing After New Log-In

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
SkruDe

Exploit/Bug: Contracts Auto Completing After New Log-In

Post by SkruDe »

- PC

- AI Contracts

- Issue: Contract will auto complete, awarding the full balance of money to player, when contract is started, game is saved, log out, then log back in, the contract will say Completed, and all the money is given to you.

- Single Player

- Steps to reproduce: I've been able to reproduce this 4 times within the past 24 hours. The thing is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been able to pin down the exact cause or catalyst to the automatic contract completion when logging in, but I've tested the same steps about 8 times, and I believe 4 times, the game auto completed the contract and gave me the money for a contract that either was still at 0% or actually in progress, like 17%, it didn't matter. Each time this has happened, it's been with the "Fertilizing Contract". I haven't tried any others at the moment.

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: I am currently using the Map --> "Seneca County" I tried 3 times on Ravenport with the Plowing Contract, but it didn't happen. I don't have any standard maps far enough along to test Fertilizing Contract. I only have 1 save game.

- Which vehicles & machines are involved: I've been using a John Deere Tractor and a Liquid Manure Sprayer.

The log.txt is attached.
Attachments
log.txt
The Log Text
(46.52 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by SkruDe on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkruDe

Re: Exploit/Bug: Contracts Auto Completing After New Log-In

Post by SkruDe »

More Info:

I am using the John Deere 9570RT
The Sprayer is the Navigator 6000

I am LEASING the Sprayer, I own the Tractor.
The LEASE of the sprayer is exactly that, it is NOT a "Borrow".

I tried reproducing with "Sowing Contract", I could not.
Now I'm working on reproducing again on the "Fertilizing Contract". Last few times I tried it didn't do it.
SkruDe

Post by SkruDe »

Okay, it just happened again.
I was having trouble reproducing it, so I selected a Fertilizing Contract and just finished it manually.
Upon finishing it I started up a new Fertilizing Contract and then saved the game, logged out, relogged back in, and I got the notification the new contract was complete and I was able to collect the money in the Contracts page.

EDIT: Could this me a map issue? Not related necessarily to GIANTS, but with the map author?
Petje81

Post by Petje81 »

It's a giants problem for sure. I have been having this "problem" since the beginning and I am exploiting the hell out of it when I'm in the mood for it.

The contracts are easy to manipulate, not only can you edit the missions.xml file in your save game, deleting the ones you don't want and restarting your save will mostly give you new contracts..

Also, did you notice you could get more money out of a harvest contract if you deliver the product AFTER you cleared the field? Somehow the percentage of the field done outweighs the product you have to deliver in total. Even with the estimated produce in the xml being higher than you delivered.
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

There are a lot of mods loaded. So I wouldn't say it's a Giants issue just yet. Can you reproduce this while playing the vanilla game?
PDX_Jedi

Post by PDX_Jedi »

Have we figured out any new info on the cause of this, or what code I should look for in mods that might be causing this? its super cheaty. This game is buggy enough, especially when running on a mod map with a stupid amount of mods, that restarts sometimes need to happen. having a large field contract completed without having delivered any of the product means I'm going to gross several hundred thousand monies, minimum. I wont even play with a modded trailer if it has flubbed capacities (my map came with one that has 1,000,000 that I refuse to use) because I want to play game, not cheat. This started for me recently, so I'm suspicious of mods; but I'm constantly adding new vehicles or editing xmls to adjust paint options.

I AM using both
- MoreMissionsAllowed
- CollectStrawAtMissions

these do have direct relation to missions, and the Collect Straw mod is recent, so thats top of my list of potential.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Are your game and mods up to date? Because I haven't had this issue for months.
If you're not an older/different version of 'MoreMissionsAllowed' look up the version that's on Modhub.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<