Terrain edditing problem (modded map)

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
Dominator1559

Terrain edditing problem (modded map)

Post by Dominator1559 »

- The problem is that the ingame edditing tool doesnt allow to edit height in large portions of maps that had no problem some time back. It says(translated) " you cant edit terrain in this place". it seems to be like random veins that dont allow any height editing. multiple modded maps have this problem now. Vanilla maps are ok (update broke map?, map breaking bug?)

- images from Old Farm Countryside (mod map from ingame modlaoder)-- smooth parts without grass were allowed to be edited.
this image here is the field in the 4th image, but edited to be a farm ( archive screenshot, maybe 5 months old )
JTerk438

Re: Terrain edditing problem (modded map)

Post by JTerk438 »

This is a problem I have come across on every single map I have tried, with the exception to the "Flat Map". The in-game maps, and every mod map I have tried, the terra-forming doesn't work in alot of areas that I want to edit. Some maps are better (less areas "that cannot be terra-formed) than others. Around most selling points, and the vehicle shop, you can't edit the terrain. I get that. But on some maps, there is a big divot in a field that I want smoothed out, only to be blocked by the game.

It's not a map issue. It's a game issue. And unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it. Its something we all have to put up with, unfortunately.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

This is related to a Giants Editor/Game bug that a lot of map modders do not know about and it breaks their tip collisions in the game.

The solution is to edit the map in GE. Run the Scripts -> FS19 -> Map -> Create Ground Collision Map and then in the map folder find the file map.i3d.plcColMap.grle and rename it to map.i3d.plcMap.grle. When the game first loads the map it only reads the plcMap.grle file.

Once you have the plcMap.grle in place copy that file from the map folder into your save game folder and overwrite plcColMap.grle.

After that new games and your existing save games will not have incorrect tip collisions and you should be able to edit the terrain where there isn't another object in the way such as a hidden tree trunk or near by rock objects.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Dominator1559

Post by Dominator1559 »

ill try. i hope i get it right. thanks