[Mod Hub PS4] Can’t remove mods!

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
iwan073

[Mod Hub PS4] Can’t remove mods!

Post by iwan073 »

Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous.
I have now 13 mods that keep coming back after I delete them.

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?
Ignorance is bliss
juf.de

Re: [Mod Hub PS4] Can’t remove mods!

Post by juf.de »

Someone posted a week ago, that this happens, whe you have activated the mod in another savegame. If you have multiple savegames, deactive this mod there, then uninstall it, not sure if it works though.
It's no fix but a workaround until it's hopefully fixed someday.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

i have only one save game.
Ignorance is bliss
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Are they dependent mods? For example, like when you download the Hauer snow pack it automatically downloads Seasons? Could it be something like that?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:18 pm Are they dependent mods? For example, like when you download the Hauer snow pack it automatically downloads Seasons? Could it be something like that?
No they’re not.
Ignorance is bliss
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Could be something specific to PS4, then. I play on XB1, and the only time I've had something like this happen was that or the above when I had a mod still active in a savegame. You only have one save so that rules that out. Sorry, but I can't help you further. If I do happen to find out anything about this, I'll certainly post it here. Good luck, Iwan.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I have one save game.
Guess I have to see if they’re in that activated mods list
Ignorance is bliss
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

This issue has been an on going pain in the back since the release of FS17.
I had literally tens of different conversations with different people from Giants so far.
I have provided them tons of information (excluding logs as we can't get them in PS4) and all I got so far is "we can't replicate the issue".
If an issue is persistent for more than 3 years in two different versions of the game "we can't replicate the issue" is a lie with a long tail.
The issue is with the modhub. Whenever the modhup is updated by Giants (mods added, deleted, updated, etc.) a bug occurs and prevents you deleting certain (completely random) mods.
And those mods always appear as updates. And they always occupy half the size of the mod's original size (for example 500 MB map occupies 250 MB if effected by this bug).

My advise is just keep them in the update section and keep uninstalling them patiently everytime you start the game.
At some point they will go away. One at a time or multiple at a time. Randomly.
PS5 / FS22
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I hope so. Cause that list is growing and growing
Ignorance is bliss