Seeding with fertilizer on fertilezed ground

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
bramneel

Seeding with fertilizer on fertilezed ground

Post by bramneel »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Seeders or cultivators on slurry tank
- Issue: When you're using a seeder with fertilizer on a field that's already fertilized by a slurry tanker with cultivator, the fill volume in the seeder counts down but the field is not further fertilized
- Single- or Multiplayer: single- and multiplayer
- Steps to reproduce: field > fertilize by slurrytank with cultivator > now seed with seeder + fertilize => does not count the fertilizer state from the seeder.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes
- Which vehicles & machines are involved: Zunhammer SKE 18.5 PUD + Zunhammer ZUNIDISC and follow with VÄDERSTAD FH 2200 + VÄDERSTAD TEMPO V 8
Illinois Farmer

Re: Seeding with fertilizer on fertilezed ground

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's because the ground state has to change between the cultivate with the slurry and the seeding. Not a bug.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Vanguard

Re: Seeding with fertilizer on fertilezed ground

Post by Vanguard »

I believe this is a bug. You can put down slurry and then fertilize or direct seed, but if you use a fertilizingCultivator, you cannot.

Yes I agree the ground state has to change... but the bug is in fact that cultivating slurry implements are hard coded to fertilizer and are not using the slurry ground state. Most implements pass their SprayType to FSDensityMapUtil.updateSprayArea, however the fertilizingCultivator has hard-coded it to fertilizer for some reason, setting the wrong ground state, which prevents this scenario from working.

I whipped up a mod to fix it. This is how it should look and work IMHO. Otherwise, what's the point of these implements?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yRgyKI ... sp=sharing