Possible GrleConverter Bug

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
Doctorspooky

Possible GrleConverter Bug

Post by Doctorspooky »

I've been trying for some time to figure why I can't seem to get anything to convert, and have tried multiple ways of doing it. Here is what I'm working with:

Location of grleConverter=
C:\Users\Doctorspooky\Desktop\grleConverter_7.0.1_win32

convert.cmd=
@echo off
rem This is a helper script for the grleConverter.
rem It converts the passed in grle/gdm file to a png located and named the same as the input file
rem You can simply drag and drop a grle/gdm file on convert.cmd in Windows Explorer, and it will
rem convert it to a png

"%~dp0\grleConverter.exe" "%~1" -out "%~n1.png"

pause

convertSample.cmd=
@echo off
rem Script showing how the grleConverter.exe can be used to convert a grle/gdm to a png

"grleConverter.exe" "terrainDetailHeight_density.gdm" -out "terrainDetailHeight_density.png"
note: this is what someone on Youtube has suggested. They were speaking German, so I couldn't understand him (tried more direct ways of doing it). What I saw, was him entering these and quoting these names into this file, then hovering it over convert.cmd.

Console text=
Gdm file info (C:\Users\Doctorspooky\Desktop\Work\FS19\FS19_FOMC_V2\maps\mapDE \terrainDetailHeight_density.gdm):
4096x4096px
11 channels
2 maxBpp
32 chunk size
65675 bytes
1 compression ranges: [0-10]

Press any key to continue . . .
Note: This is what hovering over grleConverter.exe or clicking on the .gdm file brings up. It just closes without doing anything. Hovering over convert.cmd has been suggested to me a million times already, and doesn't do anything at all - except place the target file inside the .exe folder.

I downloaded "grleConverter_7.0.1_win32" from the main site. I made sure I have permissions I need, too.
Doctorspooky

Re: Possible GrleConverter Bug

Post by Doctorspooky »

I guess Giants no longer cares about their software, and wants to commits business suicide!
juf.de

Re: Possible GrleConverter Bug

Post by juf.de »

lol, no ofcourse not, i mean if wouldn't even matter to them if the grle converter would be a thing or not. This game would have been sold just as much without it.
But you downloaded their grle converter from the gdn websit, so why ask them here a question instead of there?
This forum is basically dead for them, you will rarly find a Giants employee answeering here, the forum ion the gdm website is for products from that website a better place and otherwise use their discord server.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC