Elmers HaulMaster attachable jointType incorrect

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
Eridyne

Elmers HaulMaster attachable jointType incorrect

Post by Eridyne »

Platform: PC/Steam
Version: 1.7.1.0/no DLC

Issue: The HaulMaster model correctly depicts a lunette ring/pintle ring. The xml wrongly defines this as jointType="trailerLow", which represents a ball coupler.

Resolution: Change HaulMaster xml to jointType="trailer", which would correctly represent the pintle ring.
juf.de

Re: Elmers HaulMaster attachable jointType incorrect

Post by juf.de »

That's not correct. The Haulmaster is ment for the trailer low attacher, but it is an american trailer for the American system. Check the Quatrac for example for what the attacher low looks like in north america.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Eridyne

Post by Eridyne »

Ah, I never did measure the height of the attacher itself. Yes, it is American, and I am aware of what it looks like in that regard. The sparse, rather poor documentation I've found, engine and modding both, suggests that pintle hitches/lunette rings vs hitch balls/ball couplers is the deciding factor between trailer vs trailerLow, not the actual height of the coupler in question.

To note, all of the ball coupler "Trailer" category items from the base game use trailerLow, despite a number being a higher hitch than the common American ball hitch would expect, though it's certainly possible they're intended for higher mount hitch balls or another system.

If assuming it is a height cutoff, rather than a type-based distinction, there appears to be no guidance on what the cutoff is, so I suppose I'll just ignore that and continue using it as if it were type-based.

Edit: Not to mention, strictly height-based is a strange interpretation. You could (barring real-world coupler scale factors, which are ignored in-game) physically hook up just about any pintle setup, it just might not be a good idea. Similarly, barring extreme angles (and the same ignored real-world scale factors), you could hook up almost any ball/coupler setup. It seems odd to assume that GIANTS would design a specific height cutoff, rather than just go by type compatibility.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Eridyne wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 am Ah, I never did measure the height of the attacher itself. Yes, it is American, and I am aware of what it looks like in that regard. The sparse, rather poor documentation I've found, engine and modding both, suggests that pintle hitches/lunette rings vs hitch balls/ball couplers is the deciding factor between trailer vs trailerLow, not the actual height of the coupler in question.

To note, all of the ball coupler "Trailer" category items from the base game use trailerLow, despite a number being a higher hitch than the common American ball hitch would expect, though it's certainly possible they're intended for higher mount hitch balls or another system.

If assuming it is a height cutoff, rather than a type-based distinction, there appears to be no guidance on what the cutoff is, so I suppose I'll just ignore that and continue using it as if it were type-based.

Edit: Not to mention, strictly height-based is a strange interpretation. You could (barring real-world coupler scale factors, which are ignored in-game) physically hook up just about any pintle setup, it just might not be a good idea. Similarly, barring extreme angles (and the same ignored real-world scale factors), you could hook up almost any ball/coupler setup. It seems odd to assume that GIANTS would design a specific height cutoff, rather than just go by type compatibility.
IRL machines is the cutoff, if it has a high up hitch that’s what’s used, or if it’s low that’s the used.
The reason GIANTS uses that hitch setup is to make gameplay easier and to allow essentially anything to tow anything.
I run numerous EU tractors on a US save with US equipment and if the game made ball couplers only connect to ball couplers and pintles only connect to pintles and draw bars only connect to draw bars it would be absolute misery for me (and others) unless GIANTS and modders made every hitch type a shop config.

You may have noticed that the pintle is much to high for US type implements with pintles and much smaller then a draw bar as they’re different attached types all together.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.