[MORE INFO] Harvest contracts fine you for "missing crops"

Reports moved here require more information from the player. Details will be given by the QA-Team as to which information is missing.
Guil

Re: Harvest contracts fine you for "missing crops"

Post by Guil »

As you can see in the pics above, you don't actually lose any money and get paid the correct amount. I think it could be just a bug in what is displayed on the contract screen.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Harvest contracts fine you for "missing crops"

Post by x Lethian x »

See here:
x Lethian x wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 am The fine usually happens once you reach the contract limit - if you keep selling after that, you will receive money for the goods as though you would sell a normal haul you harvested yourself. That extra money is deducted once you "complete" the finished mission which is by design.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
strider1300

Re: [MORE INFO] Harvest contracts fine you for "missing crops"

Post by strider1300 »

How is that "by design" when you take a contract and use your own equipment and actually lose money. the example shows contract money minus extra crop and have a total negative amount. Yes there was an extra amount of crop, however to perform a contract and use your own equipment with wear and tear and fuel and have to pay out of pocket by taking the contract. NOTE! if you pay to borrow the farmers equipment, you can receive the total amount of contract given minus the cost of borrowing their equipment. you also get the extra crop without penalty. why bother owning equipment and doing contracts?

Strider1300
Guil

Post by Guil »

strider1300 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:08 pm How is that "by design" when you take a contract and use your own equipment and actually lose money. the example shows contract money minus extra crop and have a total negative amount. Yes there was an extra amount of crop, however to perform a contract and use your own equipment with wear and tear and fuel and have to pay out of pocket by taking the contract. NOTE! if you pay to borrow the farmers equipment, you can receive the total amount of contract given minus the cost of borrowing their equipment. you also get the extra crop without penalty. why bother owning equipment and doing contracts?

Strider1300
Look on the first page to see the pics I posted showing you get paid and don't lose money.
Guil wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 am As you can see in the pics above, you don't actually lose any money and get paid the correct amount. I think it could be just a bug in what is displayed on the contract screen.
Scharphorn

Post by Scharphorn »

Missing crop got to be a bug in FS.
I have cleaned out all mods and tested on both default maps.

When you do a contract and transport the crops.
The last transport only goes to about 75% transported and goes to contract complete.

I have then looked in the mission.xml file before completing them.

Here is one of them.

<mission type="harvest" activeId="1" reward="1229" status="2" success="true" farmId="1" stealingCost="0.000000">
<field id="25" sprayFactor="0.000000" spraySet="false" plowFactor="0.000000" state="2" vehicleGroup="3" vehicleUseCost="193.758499" spawnedVehicles="true" growthState="6" limeFactor="1.000000" weedFactor="1.000000" fruitTypeName="CANOLA"/>
<harvest sellPoint="14" expectedLiters="5835.111816" depositedLiters="4179.363770"/>
</mission>

As you can see the expectedLiters and depositedLiters are not the same.

The multimission actually got me thinking about the xml file, because it actually does what FS should have done in the first place.
Setting the stealingCost to the right amout, if the two liters do not match.

So i think Giants needs to have a look at the contract part, as its got a bug in FS, since the posted part was without any mods.
Deleted all the mods files, so wouldnøt give any issues
Armchairfarmer

Post by Armchairfarmer »

I’ve had this happen but I noticed it was when my combine harvester was in full need of repair. Ie an empty condition bar. With the case 9240, Deere s790 and the vanilla ideal.

Edit: on Xbox one.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Any update on this? The "missing crops" are working as intended - they are deducted from your total contract earnings since you have harvested and sold more than the what was needed in the first place.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images