[MORE INFO] YP-2425A wheel rolling backward

Reports moved here require more information from the player. Details will be given by the QA-Team as to which information is missing.
Fortier90

[MORE INFO] YP-2425A wheel rolling backward

Post by Fortier90 »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Great Plains YP-2425A
- Issue: when unfolded the outter wheels on the planter are rolling in the opposite direction, most of the time when lowerd and sowing, but sometimes on up position. even if an employee(H) is driving it
- Single- or Multiplayer: multiplayer
- Steps to reproduce: going forward and backward in up and low position
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no yes

not causing any physical trouble... everything goes as fine as usual... it only looks like a visual bug
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] YP-2425A wheel rolling backward

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!

Could you provide us with a video showcasing the faulty wheel? Thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
john deere 5425

Re: [READ] YP-2425A wheel rolling backward

Post by john deere 5425 »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 am Hi there!

Could you provide us with a video showcasing the faulty wheel? Thanks!
It can be 100% reproduced by simply using a helper on a field and when he gets to the end he turns around and the helper algorithm makes it reverse to the edge of the field to get all of the field, but he jolts forward so quick so fast the wheels get confused

If you cant understand that (now that I typed it I cant realy understand it lol) you basically just use a helper and watch the outer wheels on the wings of the planter when he starts his second pass
Fortier90

Re: [MORE INFO] YP-2425A wheel rolling backward

Post by Fortier90 »

Yup John deere 5425 sums it up nicely :P
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Any update on this? Maybe this is also the stroboscopic effect we implemented coming into play here...wheels seem to turn "backwards" at certain speeds just as they do in real life visually ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
gilbertomlf

Post by gilbertomlf »

I can confirm that the bug is still happening. I've noticed just today and I've tried to reproduce on another field. If the wheel is spinning outside of the field, it will work just fine, as you can see on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1_Y_tuYl58

However as soon as the truck turns and the wheel enters the field, it will spin backwards as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaWWVVeRqDo

It will spin backwards regardless if you hired a worker or if you are driving it yourself. But if you are driving with it lowered and turned on and then hire the worker, it will spin onwards until it meets the end of the field and the worker makes an u-turn. Hope this helps in any way :)