[MORE INFO] Unable to uninstall some mods

Reports moved here require more information from the player. Details will be given by the QA-Team as to which information is missing.
RODHA

[MORE INFO] Unable to uninstall some mods

Post by RODHA »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Mods in general. Happens to any mod randomly.
- Issue: Unable to uninstall some mods.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single.
- Steps to reproduce: As an example, install horsch pack along with the agrovation map. Then uninstall the map. It says “mod successfully uninstalled” but when you exit the modhub and get back in, you see the map is still there. It is not installed but it is also not uninstalled. If you completely quit the game and reload then you see the map turns itself into an “update”. This was also in FS17. It worked exactly the same way and it had been reported countless times back then. Someone please make an explanation. Mod space in consoles is highly valuable and it is not large enough to waste for a bug. I really cannot understand how this bug doesn’t get priority and fixed till this time.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: No.
- Which vehicles & machines are involved: Mods in general.
Last edited by RODHA on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Re: Unable to uninstall some mods

Post by RODHA »

Helloooo, any body home ??? :biggrin2:

I spent a lot of time on video editing which is not my native skill. Please someone just say someting.

That bug is a real game breaker.
PS5 / FS22
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Unable to uninstall some mods

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!

Have you tried uninstalling the mod, waiting for around a min (maybe this is due to filesize) and then quitting the game? Is it still available even after restarting the whole game?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RODHA

Re: [MORE INFO] Unable to uninstall some mods

Post by RODHA »

Thank you very much for your response Lethian :hi:

I have tried like million different solutions to this since the begining of FS17 including your suggestion but the only real solution that works is to uninstall the entire game, download it again and also install all the mods you had all over again.

I believe you would agree that this is not really a solution as takes ages to execute.

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:58 pmIs it still available even after restarting the whole game?
After restarting the whole game, it pops back up as an update regardless if the mod itself had an update or not.
You can see this in the second part of my video.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Just wondering if there are any news on this bug? Thanks :hi:
PS5 / FS22
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Any update on this? Is this still happening on Patch 1.4? We have some idea of might be causing this: Can you confirm that the mod you are trying to delete is not used by any of your current savegames? To make sure, delete any savegames first, then try the mod again.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Hey there Lethian :smileynew:

I have not tried deleting any mods after patch 1.4.

But I can confirm this. As this bug happens randomly it also fixes itself randomly.
What I mean is if you have a mod that you can't uninstall you will be able to uninstall it after the modhub is updated once or twice. By update I mean may be new mods added or may be some of them are updated or some are taken down, It doesn't matter. As long as something is changed in the modhub that bug also fixes itself and you will able to uninstall whatever mod you were unable to before.

I had thought about deleting the save games first even in FS17 but it has got nothign to do with it. In fact I had tried deleting all my save games once to make sure if it works but it didn't.

It is definitely about modhub content being updated.
PS5 / FS22
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hmm...so after a mod has been updated the issue appears or has been resolved?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Correct but it doesn't need to be the same mod that is not uninstalled.
Any change in the modhub works. Adding new mods, taking some down, updating different mods. Any kind of change in the modhub resolves the uninstall issue till a new one appears.
This is like that since the begining of FS17. And as it is a randomly occuring bug it cannot be reproduced via specific steps so, no action has been taken so far.
I guess only a thorough review on the modhub code can reveal the cause of this bug.
PS5 / FS22
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Just to add on this issue. I have this issue with uninstalling mods on ps4 (patch 1.4) the last couple of weeks. Seen it on fs17 and now on fs19. Makes you really think twice before installing, just in case you can't get rid of it.

1. Uninstall mod and wait for confirmation and wait till ready to browse modhub.
2. Exit modhub.
3. Enter modhub.
4. Uninstalled mod appears in need of update and shows in installed mods section.
Press x for update or triangle for uninstall.
5. Uninstall, wait for confirmation.
6. Exit modhub and leave for a minute.
7. Close program.
8. Restart Farming Simulator.
9. Mod still there.. wanting update.. toying with me :) makes me smile, but I agree with OP. Kind of annoying.

I've had this happen with several different mods, even GIANTS own mods. Usually the problem resolves it self over time, down from 4 undeletable mods to 1. I will add to this post if I manage to remove it.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

You will be able to remove it.
The issue has got something to do with the content change in the modhub.
Whenever there is a content change (new mods added or updated, etc.) you get a chance of getting rid of those pesky mods.
The thing is do we really have to play hide and seek with the mods like that?
This is an issue of 3 full years. I just can't believe how negligent Giants is about it.
As long as an issue doesn't break the game then it is not an issue for them. Just unbelievable.
PS5 / FS22
jminion85

Post by jminion85 »

This issue is still relevant here in 2020. They are still randomly bugged. It's very annoying to have 6 or more mods that are unable to delete with such little space on the modhub. Giants really needs to do something about this... having to delete a map to try anything new is anything but fun.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It has been a while since I had this issue so I thought that Giants fixed it with the last update but apparently they didn't :sadnew:
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:59 am It has been a while since I had this issue so I thought that Giants fixed it with the last update but apparently they didn't :sadnew:
I know you have had this issue a lot but fancy being a guinea pig? :biggrin2:

Someone said they had problems uninstalling mods but it was because they had the mod in some saves. So try go into each save. Make sure you don't own any of the particular mod and sell if you do. Save the game. Restart the save and deselect the mod and save and quid again. Try uninstalling the mod then and fingers crossed it works.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:54 pm
RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:59 am It has been a while since I had this issue so I thought that Giants fixed it with the last update but apparently they didn't :sadnew:
I know you have had this issue a lot but fancy being a guinea pig? :biggrin2:
Someone said they had problems uninstalling mods but it was because they had the mod in some saves. So try go into each save. Make sure you don't own any of the particular mod and sell if you do. Save the game. Restart the save and deselect the mod and save and quid again. Try uninstalling the mod then and fingers crossed it works.
Thanks Guil :hi:
Thats an interesting method. I usually have only one save game and I never try to uninstall a mod that I own in the save because I wouldn't waste the money :biggrin2:
But I never tried the method you mentioned in that specific order before.
I will try it when I get the same issue.
PS5 / FS22