[More Info] Rostselmash RSM161 Causing FPS Issues?

Reports moved here require more information from the player. Details will be given by the QA-Team as to which information is missing.
gordon861

[More Info] Rostselmash RSM161 Causing FPS Issues?

Post by gordon861 »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: RSM161
- Issue: Major FPS Drop
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: See below
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no YES - same issue on Felsbrun map

I think there is an issue with the Rostselmash RSM161 harvester causing FPS problems:

In an earlier game I started to notice massive FPS drops when using the RSM161 harvester but not other vehicles. On Felsbrun this seemed to be fixed by changing the tyres from wide to normal and back again.

Now running Pacific Northwest I have started to notice a similar problem, for example on Field 10 with the RSM161 (+Draper 900 header) I'm getting about 20-30fps just driving it around the field. But after selling the RSM161 and replacing it with the Case Axial-Flow 9240 (+ 3162 Draper 45FT header) I'm back up to 58-60fps when driving around the field. This is the same save file all I did was return the RSM and lease the Case. So something isn't right.

I'm getting the FPS figures from MSI Afterburner which I run nearly all the time.

I'm really pushing the limits with the game which may be why I'm noticing these problems. I also notice that FS19 rarely wants to push the CPU/GPU to 100% even when the FPS starts to drop.

I'm running a triple screen setup with FS19 running on the middle monitor at 4K with an i7-8700k, a RTX2070 and 32GB of RAM, and my MOD folder is around 25GB most of which is activated, so yes I'm punishing the game.

Not sure how repeatable this is but someone might be able to gain from my experiences.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Myricaria
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Re: Rostselmash RSM161 Causing FPS Issues?

Post by Myricaria »

Hello gordnon861,

unfortunately I was unable to experience the FPS drops. Could you please send us a log file? Do you really have the issue on a basegame map without mods installed?
How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images
gordon861

Re: [More Info] Rostselmash RSM161 Causing FPS Issues?

Post by gordon861 »

Myricaria
Thanks for responding, can't remember the last time I played without MODs. This doesn't seem to happen with a new game.

The issue seems clear atm, and did clear via the changes I made above but I wanted to get some information out there with my observations in case this clicks with someone else. I will keep an eye on things though and report any further issues.

If I get a chance later I will try maxing everything and trying to stress the program more. But, as reported elsewhere, for some reason FS19 doesn't seem very keen on pushing the GPU to 100% very often for some reason.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?