Pedriko

Re: Sugar Cane - What you should know

Post by Pedriko »

I just wanted to edit the Estancia Lapacho to add the Water Trough Addon :(
Has anyone managed to edit the map?
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Pedriko wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm I just wanted to edit the Estancia Lapacho to add the Water Trough Addon :(
You probably should have started a new thread. Also, a search might have saved you some time, since this question has been asked and answered in Mod forum.

But, that said, the answer is no, because the map files are essentially “packed” together with all of the other game assets from the Platinum expansion. This prevents editing and is, presumably, done to (help) prevent pirating of the Platinum content. (This is, historically, the norm for expansions in FS.)
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Thank you parad0x177, I was thinking of the best way to answer that question and I couldn't have said it better.
Pedriko

Post by Pedriko »

parad0x177 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am
Pedriko wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm I just wanted to edit the Estancia Lapacho to add the Water Trough Addon :(
You probably should have started a new thread. Also, a search might have saved you some time, since this question has been asked and answered in Mod forum.

But, that said, the answer is no, because the map files are essentially “packed” together with all of the other game assets from the Platinum expansion. This prevents editing and is, presumably, done to (help) prevent pirating of the Platinum content. (This is, historically, the norm for expansions in FS.)
Yeah, I've searched for months, but I still had hope
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

You'll probably be able to edit it once FS19 comes as it will probably be one of the maps. It was the same for Sosnovka when it came with the platinum edition of FS15. You couldn't edit or make maps using the statics until the map came out as part of the package in FS17.