"Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

MF10

Re: "Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

Post by MF10 »

I have about 860 or so spaces left. I used the 6 panel fence from the Brazil and Sosnovka fence packs so I didn't use a lot of space. And when I get to about 120 or so bales. Half either are sold. Or shredded and stored in my silo for later use with tmr. Or turned into silage and converted into compost (slurry cause rotted 1st and 2 cut utility bales are not in the game for a manure wagon yet). I try to keep about 50 bales on hand for my animals. And the rest is stored then turned back into bales when I get a big amount of hay to sell.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

It could be the damn mod didn't install right. Cause my area literally had the closest cell tower that supported lte for Verizon, and ATT stuff it's guts out. And they are hurrying like crazy to get a new tower 1 mile away compatible to ATT LTE on all 4 bands of 2, 4, 5, and 12. Cause the old supports only band 12 now and is 5 miles away with spectrum doing a stuff load of work in the area. ATT is hoping to use those lines to boost the new tower that Verizon already tapped into. Since CDMA systems are easier to set up. While GSM systems rely on the card to register the towers in the area.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

so it could be the map never installed properly.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I have an original xbox one, 99% of the mod folder used, 88% of the hard drive full and have zero issues on Lone Oak. Even with the 2 starter fields baled and the wheat field with straw on the ground i didn't see any issues with lag/stuttering/frame rate, and those fields are right beside a fairly large wooded area. Even when I loaded up the low loader 3 high with bales and went halfway round the map to sell there were no issues.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I have an original PS4 that came out on the release date of November 15, 2013. I was 3rd inline at Kmart, was at the store 2 hours before it opened to get my PS4 and I haven't had one problem playing any maps or mods. ONLY 1 map had a problem was when it loaded but it only lasted for about 3 seconds but after that 3 seconds never had a problem. oh and by the way only the first 4 people inline received a PS4, that is all Kmart received on release day. talk about a lot of upset people..
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

MF10 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pmStop sticking up for the the builder and his expensive PC.
Maybe there is a reason why people are backing up the map against your harsh criticism. Why would anybody backs up a map that really causes problems? And maybe BulletBill doesn't have an expensive PC. Have you ever been to his home and looked at his PC?
MF10 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pmMaybe he should've stopped and looked at functionality first on the V1 current generation consoles.
May be he can't do that because modders don't have PS development kit.
MF10 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pmCause most people who are blaming my console or a mod.
Why did you really take that personal? You did complain about your problem and we tried to show you different alternatives that might be causing the problem. Which was basically an effort to help. But you just kept blaming the map and the modder instead of focusing on the problem.
MF10 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pmBut on Lone Oak. I put up one placeable and it starts lagging.
And again, why don't you accept the fact that any mod, even a PS4 mod, can create conflicts in a map. May be it doesn't create that conflict on one map but it does on the other. And since a map maker cannot possibly test their maps with hundreds of existing mods, you just can't blame the map maker for that conflict.

If you want help, try to be friendly not hostile...
PS5 / FS22
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

@MF10: Because of your nickname and Farming Classics and so on... do you use the Front weights 270kg from the Massey Ferguson 300 Series Pack? With this weight, I have had problems in Woodshire, made the farm yard lagging. Second was street lamps by Lizard.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Firstly there is no way any modder can test a map on console. We don't have access to that at all. That is why we have to send the mods to GIANTS first.

They reported no lag issues at all.

As for my "expensive PC"... I am running a 9 year old CPU and a GeForce 960 4GB GPU which according to Microsoft and Sony is about the same maybe fractionally faster than a Xbox One or PS4 console in performance.

When I play Lone Oak both PC and Console versions of the map run with no lag anywhere on max graphic settings.

Please understand I do not work for GIANTS, so all I do is make the map to best of my ability.

I understand your frustration with the lag, but please don't just assume its the map and put all the blame on me.

Trying to identify mod issues is like looking for a needle in a haystack as there are so many variables.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

MF10 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 pm It could be the damn mod didn't install right. Cause my area literally had the closest cell tower that supported lte for Verizon, and ATT stuff it's guts out. And they are hurrying like crazy to get a new tower 1 mile away compatible to ATT LTE on all 4 bands of 2, 4, 5, and 12. Cause the old supports only band 12 now and is 5 miles away with spectrum doing a stuff load of work in the area. ATT is hoping to use those lines to boost the new tower that Verizon already tapped into. Since CDMA systems are easier to set up. While GSM systems rely on the card to register the towers in the area.
Start a new saved game with all the other mods disabled and see if that fixes it. That will quickly tell you if it is an issue with one of the other mods.
Also, clear the cache on your XB1.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en ... ne-console
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Nereos

Post by Nereos »

Hello BulletBill,

firstly, I would like to say thank you very much for this absolutely awesome map! I enjoy playing it so much, this map is what I was waiting for since the release of FS17, GREAT JOB!!

While playing yesterday, I found an issue: I do use the Basic seasons-mod in my mod Folder, as recommended, without any additional seasons-geo-mod. When driving into my ready-to-harvest field (wheat, barley, canola/ oil seed rape, corn), there is no fruit destruction by the wheels, no matter whether I drive trough the crops with crawler-tractor, harvester or ordinary tractor. On the other hand, when I drive trough fields with non-cereal crops (sugarbeet, potatoes), the plants are deleted by the 4Real-Module "fruit destruction" as expected.

When deactivating the seasons-basic-mod, all crops are deleted by the wheels. Is this phenomenon caused by your special layers, you used to show the stubbles of the cereal crops when harvested, so that the fruit destruction can not be recognized while playing with seasons mod?

I really hope you can give me an answer to hopefully solve this issue.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Sry for my English, I'm from Germany and using English this much I am not used to at the moment. ;-)
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

That is nothing to do with the map. That must be a quirk of Seasons and the crop destruction module.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

You could have other mods that might be interfering with the crop destruction module, like BB said, his map has nothing to do with your issue.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Great map guys! I've played for several hours and it works great with my ps4 and the mods of my choice. Loving the details and overall look of the map.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
poptrek

Post by poptrek »

Bug Report on the trees, I have seasons and woodhavester automation mod enabled, I tested this on a fresh map with only seasons and still the same result, also tried turning off seasons after map was created and still same result. Sorry if this is a Giants bug, but I have not ever seen this and google can't find anything on this. But all the 27m tall trees(Stage 5) trees the wood harvester does not grasp onto them nor cuts them correctly. I would assume this is something wrong in the placement of theses trees on the map only b/c I have never seen this before and it works normally on Gold Crest Valley with the same mods enabled which is why I bring it to you, sorry if this can't be fixed on your end. Thanks for the great map love it so far Here is a pic of the area where this seems to be a problem, with how the wood harvester is grabbing it as well https://www.dropbox.com/s/95yert03eryzk ... 3.png?dl=0

EDIT: Even using the chainsaw creates weird effects, the circle placement ins't in the middle of the tree and it springs upwards when cut

2nd EDIT: I think it has to do with the fact that the trees are 3/4 scale compared to the non scaled tees of the same type which work normally. I understand if this you will not fix has it effects the look and feel of the map but is there a en mass command to revert the trees back to normal scale so I can resume cutting theses trees down has I am playing with seasons and I need something to do to fill the time. Has I only have a rudimentary understanding of GE
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

If you load the map up in GE I have organized the trees in tree species and size order.

So you should be able to identify the tree size you wish to alter. If you select one and rescale it to 1 1 1 then use the replace function for the rest of the trees that may work.