Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

RODHA

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 pmCan I come home before I post? :D
We are talking about FS19, a game which seems to be a hell of a lot better than FS17 and you expect me, I mean especially me, to be patient?

Please accept my sincere appologies but I can't be. There is no way to that.

If I was able to come to FarmCon I would have definitely done that. Since I couldn't, this my one and only window, opening to FS19. What else am I supposed to do other than asking for tons of information? :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Call me lazy :D but for now I highly recommend this link

https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulat ... -features/

As it's 100% correct.

That will at least give a great overview over what has been said at FarmCon.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm Call me lazy :D but for now I highly recommend this link

As it's 100% correct.

What about the fps cap that fs 17 has? any news on that? is it gone? :biggrin2:
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yup, seen that yesmods list and it is pretty well done indeed.
PS5 / FS22
Nybyggarn

Post by Nybyggarn »

"Hoses are attached automatically." :sadnew:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm Call me lazy :D but for now I highly recommend this link

As it's 100% correct.

Hey lazy,gearbox isnt on that site. Can you confirm or deny that its in FS19?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

I haven't seen any gearbox. So I'd say it's not there.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lothaletrus

Post by Lothaletrus »

I have a question about TrackIR support, I know it works correctly, but will it be developed more with a head inclination (eg Roll), which does not work.

Will it also have TrackIR support for the farmer himself, where he can also move his head like in reality. It would be very interesting.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 pm
Can I come home before I post? :D

I mean, we were ALL at FarmCon, there is obviously no post in the forums if no one is here. I'm around now, so let's see where that ends.
I think we all understand that EVERYONE at Giants was at FarmCon over the weekend. From the opposite perspective, a few things I think Giants (as a whole) needs to consider.

One, not everyone is at or can even attempt to go to FarmCon. Even at a "sold out" status, the number of people there represent a very small amount of the total amount of people looking for information.

Two, the event has been promoted, by Giants, to the point where the masses expect something to come from it. Yes, it is a big event for Giants, but I don't think many outsiders really care too much about the FSC. I'm sure its a fun event in house, but it's something many don't get too excited about. Therefore, everyone else is anticipating something more relevant to them.

Are we wrong to assume that most, if not all, of the information shared to the attendees at the event was prepared in advance? Couldn't a small, informative release been prepared in advance and released during the even (As it was at E3)? There was a trailer for the platinum edition released last year right at the beginning of FarmCon 17.

Yes, a few of the attendees did share their experience, and the link was informative...but to the great majority of us who don't speak German, those sources (few and far between) aren't a whole lot of help.

Finally, many (not including myself) are looking to pre order the game...which is actually available for pre order right now thru certain retailers. Isn't it just a little bit contradictory to say "be patient" when Giants is already allowing retailers to take consumers' money for a product that isn't really known about...let alone been seen?

From what I've read thus far, the new features sound good...and it appears Giants as done a good job understanding what fans are looking for in game. However, from a promotional standpoint, I think there is a lot left to be desired. This seems to happen during every year. The hype builds up at the beginning and then there seems to be a big let down (usually around the time of FarmCon). Then Giants is left to work on building it back up again. I would think it would be better to (widely) inform fans in advance of when information can be expected rather than allow speculation to catch wild fire status. Keeping certain things secret is perfectly fine...building hype is fine...just keep the flames under control.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Honestly, FarmCon was never made to be an event to release info about the upcoming games.
It got hyped up by Giants because it actually is a big event for them, a big part of it is modding, which is kinda specialized info.
And they never even implied they were releasing details to the masses.
And in my opinion a 'small release' by Giants would have been just as "useless" as the current info we have now.
It could never hold all the details they shared at FarmCon. That's why they are making the Dev Blogs...
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Alagos wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:31 pm Honestly, FarmCon was never made to be an event to release info about the upcoming games.
It got hyped up by Giants because it actually is a big event for them, a big part of it is modding, which is kinda specialized info.
And they never even implied they were releasing details to the masses.
And in my opinion a 'small release' by Giants would have been just as "useless" as the current info we have now.
It could never hold all the details they shared at FarmCon. That's why they are making the Dev Blogs...
Sorry...but as I've looked thru the forum for the past 2 months, anytime a question was asked about things in detail, FarmCon was included in the answer. Not "FarmCon...for those attending". It would have been very easy to say that those attending FarmCon will get information at the event and they would follow up whenever for everyone else. This has been a tactic Giants has used in the past and still does...careful wording to suggest something without actually committing to the actual answer. It comes off as drumming up interest for FarmCon without actually giving anything up. Many of the guys tuned in to the live feeds with hopes for a little information but were left disappointed.

All I'm say is, be genuine in what they are doing. It's very easy to do. Know the audience you're speaking to...especially on the English forum. Know that, while the people from Giants will be at the event, the audience you're speaking to will probably not be.

At the very least, a release by Giants would have been confirmed information upfront...without people having to decide if what was being shared by others was true or not. Besides the information in that post, there was A LOT of other information floating around that was far different. Controlling facts is NEVER useless. Allowing others to control information without an company provided source is irresponsible.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

DeereJason wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm Sorry...but as I've looked thru the forum for the past 2 months, anytime a question was asked about things in detail, FarmCon was included in the answer. Not "FarmCon...for those attending". It would have been very easy to say that those attending FarmCon will get information at the event and they would follow up whenever for everyone else. This has been a tactic Giants has used in the past and still does...careful wording to suggest something without actually committing to the actual answer. It comes off as drumming up interest for FarmCon without actually giving anything up. Many of the guys tuned in to the live feeds with hopes for a little information but were left disappointed.

All I'm say is, be genuine in what they are doing. It's very easy to do. Know the audience you're speaking to...especially on the English forum. Know that, while the people from Giants will be at the event, the audience you're speaking to will probably not be.

At the very least, a release by Giants would have been confirmed information upfront...without people having to decide if what was being shared by others was true or not. Besides the information in that post, there was A LOT of other information floating around that was far different. Controlling facts is NEVER useless. Allowing others to control information without an company provided source is irresponsible.
So very well explained. Hats off to you :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Nybyggarn

Post by Nybyggarn »

Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm I haven't seen any gearbox. So I'd say it's not there.
It's not there as on the site or in the game?
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Nybyggarn wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 pm
Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm I haven't seen any gearbox. So I'd say it's not there.
It's not there as on the site or in the game?
I'll find out tomorrow.
Community Manager

BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

As it's 100% correct.

I just need to ask you one question, when you say "buildable farms" does this include placeable houses to, or are they preset?