Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Lisertan »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 am I like the idea of having to buy plots of land instead of buying fields, meaning you have more fields to work in instead of 1 at a time, i just wonder how big the buyable plots of land is? I know its gonna be super expensive, also i wonder how much money we will have when starting a farm with nothing on it, that's gonna be a challenge, what to buy ECT, ECT... But maybe in the near future some can shed some light on that subject.
Let's see if I can help.

First: How huge a plot of land (we call it farmland here) is, depends on the map and what the modder (or we) intended. There might be huge plots and small plots on a map ect.

As for the build stuff
Current version:

Easy Mode: You have everything build up for you
Normal mode: You have nothing but a huge amount of cash and can build your own farm
Hard: You have nothing and veeeeery little cash.

(it won't be easy/normal/hard but I don't know the new names, yet)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am You got that right, Rodha. I feel bad for Lars, he came in March 2017... saved himself that headache for sure. As Community Manager, he's had his hands full dealing with us with FS17's DLC's, but now... now it's a whole new ballgame. The next iteration of the FS series, now... it gets vicious.

Dear Lisertan:
Stay strong, Stay Healthy and don't get too stressed, my friend. Stress isn't good for you. We don't want to loose our favorite community manager! :)

I've released Battlefield games in the past. I think I can take a punch haha. Will be fine.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

Call it
Millionaire ( start with everything)
Inheritance ( start with money)
Entrepreneur ( start with the shirt on your back)
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

will the weather have more effect on certain things like if you spread solid fertiliser, it would only be effective if it had the right amount of rain to wash it in??
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

frankfarmer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 pm will the weather have more effect on certain things like if you spread solid fertiliser, it would only be effective if it had the right amount of rain to wash it in??
Nope. We won't go there. In the end it's a game that should be fun for people all around the globe, even if they have no clue about farming. Making it too complex won't help- We always try to find ways to make it fun for everyone, however your idea might be a bit over the top.
Community Manager

GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 am
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am You got that right, Rodha. I feel bad for Lars, he came in March 2017... saved himself that headache for sure. As Community Manager, he's had his hands full dealing with us with FS17's DLC's, but now... now it's a whole new ballgame. The next iteration of the FS series, now... it gets vicious.

Dear Lisertan:
Stay strong, Stay Healthy and don't get too stressed, my friend. Stress isn't good for you. We don't want to loose our favorite community manager! :)

I've released Battlefield games in the past. I think I can take a punch haha. Will be fine.
Well......... I still like you even if you did work for EA games. :D LOL
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am
BigC92 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 am I like the idea of having to buy plots of land instead of buying fields, meaning you have more fields to work in instead of 1 at a time, i just wonder how big the buyable plots of land is? I know its gonna be super expensive, also i wonder how much money we will have when starting a farm with nothing on it, that's gonna be a challenge, what to buy ECT, ECT... But maybe in the near future some can shed some light on that subject.
Let's see if I can help.

First: How huge a plot of land (we call it farmland here) is, depends on the map and what the modder (or we) intended. There might be huge plots and small plots on a map ect.

As for the build stuff
Current version:

Easy Mode: You have everything build up for you
Normal mode: You have nothing but a huge amount of cash and can build your own farm
Hard: You have nothing and veeeeery little cash.

(it won't be easy/normal/hard but I don't know the new names, yet)
So, does this mean... we can still choose the normal (Easy, Medium and Hard) settings for the economy, apart from the difficulty level of our starting capital? I love playing on Hard, but... when Role Playing with me fiancee, I tend to set the game to easy so cash flows in quicker. :)
Last edited by GothicKing13 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:08 pmWell......... I still like you even if you did work for EA games. :D LOL
I really wonder, if there is only one single gamer on the face of this planet who doesn't hate EA :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Sorry, I'm not aware of any! :D lol
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Although, Rodha... If ye happen to come across one, let me know! :)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Lars, I guess :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

hello! is there any chance to see in game something similiar to mod like vehicle group switcher? or courseplay? on console of course :coolnew:
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I don't know, Rodha. Lars, does after all... work for GIANTS now. :D
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Although, if I may ask... Lisertan. Will there be any form of GPS in the game? Even if it's a watered down version of the GPS mod. It's by far my most favorite mod, apart from Seasons and Follow Me. :)
fhinze

Post by fhinze »

And Still: NO NATIVE LINUX VERSION :-( :-( :-(