Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Stef 235

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Stef 235 »

Will there be an excavator in fs19? Its something I really miss in the previous versions.
I mean an good excavator with also a grapple to move trees. And you can move dirt and wood chips also with it.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:17 pm
Lost1nSpace wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:05 pm Anye clue when we will get to see more pics and videos of the game? :)
GIANTSoon™

Our VideoDude is working on the FarmCon videos right now. After that, his focus will be FS19 (and gamescom ^^)
Will the birds poop on stuff?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 pm Will the birds poop on stuff?
I swear, if birds dive bomb my tractor after I get done cleaning it......... lol
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm Call me lazy :D but for now I highly recommend this link

https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulat ... -features/

As it's 100% correct.

That will at least give a great overview over what has been said at FarmCon.
A couple questions on the referenced link...

Scrolling down the information, this was listed among the information:

"Not all of the FS17 DLC vehicles and equipment will carry over to FS19.
The new vehicle count is now at 38 (per 19th of February 2018 – Source)"

First, if you are able to comment on the number of vehicles (to any degree), is/was that an accurate number per Giants' definition of "vehicle" (trucks & tractors, not harvesters & tools)?

Does that mean 38 "new" or 38 "more than FS17"? If it means "new", does it include models that were replaced by the OEM...for example: Massey Ferguson MF 8000 series is now MF 8000 S series, or the JCB 3000 series is now the 4000 series.

I'm not sure how Giants tallies the vehicle count, do you go by individual models or by series? Was the Fendt 900 Vario considered one vehicle or was each horsepower offering (930, 939) considered one vehicle?

I understand some information cannot yet be shared, what you can share will be appreciated.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:21 pm
Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am
BigC92 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 am I like the idea of having to buy plots of land instead of buying fields, meaning you have more fields to work in instead of 1 at a time, i just wonder how big the buyable plots of land is? I know its gonna be super expensive, also i wonder how much money we will have when starting a farm with nothing on it, that's gonna be a challenge, what to buy ECT, ECT... But maybe in the near future some can shed some light on that subject.
Let's see if I can help.

First: How huge a plot of land (we call it farmland here) is, depends on the map and what the modder (or we) intended. There might be huge plots and small plots on a map ect.

As for the build stuff
Current version:

Easy Mode: You have everything build up for you
Normal mode: You have nothing but a huge amount of cash and can build your own farm
Hard: You have nothing and veeeeery little cash.

(it won't be easy/normal/hard but I don't know the new names, yet)
So, does this mean... we can still choose the normal (Easy, Medium and Hard) settings for the economy, apart from the difficulty level of our starting capital? I love playing on Hard, but... when Role Playing with me fiancee, I tend to set the game to easy so cash flows in quicker. :)
No easy/normal/hard are gone
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:28 pm
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:08 pmWell......... I still like you even if you did work for EA games. :D LOL
I really wonder, if there is only one single gamer on the face of this planet who doesn't hate EA :biggrin2:
I don't hate EA. I don't agree with everything they do, but I don't hate them. Ha!
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:53 pm Although, if I may ask... Lisertan. Will there be any form of GPS in the game? Even if it's a watered down version of the GPS mod. It's by far my most favorite mod, apart from Seasons and Follow Me. :)
Not that I'm aware of, no. (same for CP, follow me ect.)
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:11 pm
Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm Call me lazy :D but for now I highly recommend this link

https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulat ... -features/

As it's 100% correct.

That will at least give a great overview over what has been said at FarmCon.
A couple questions on the referenced link...

Scrolling down the information, this was listed among the information:

"Not all of the FS17 DLC vehicles and equipment will carry over to FS19.
The new vehicle count is now at 38 (per 19th of February 2018 – Source)"

First, if you are able to comment on the number of vehicles (to any degree), is/was that an accurate number per Giants' definition of "vehicle" (trucks & tractors, not harvesters & tools)?

Does that mean 38 "new" or 38 "more than FS17"? If it means "new", does it include models that were replaced by the OEM...for example: Massey Ferguson MF 8000 series is now MF 8000 S series, or the JCB 3000 series is now the 4000 series.

I'm not sure how Giants tallies the vehicle count, do you go by individual models or by series? Was the Fendt 900 Vario considered one vehicle or was each horsepower offering (930, 939) considered one vehicle?

I understand some information cannot yet be shared, what you can share will be appreciated.
Whoah. That's one hard question right here. I have honestly no idea and numbers are changing pretty much every day right now :D I highly recommend waiting for out list.
Community Manager

RODHA

Post by RODHA »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:08 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 pm Will the birds poop on stuff?
I swear, if birds dive bomb my tractor after I get done cleaning it......... lol
If the bird pooping will be in the game then I should be able to buy a shotgun from the shop. There is no other way :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

*censored* about seasons, I really don't see the point in aging machinery without seasons. I hope there will at least be a mod, if not I'll probably pass on this one
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:20 pm
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:08 pmWell......... I still like you even if you did work for EA games. :D LOL
I really wonder, if there is only one single gamer on the face of this planet who doesn't hate EA :biggrin2:
I don't hate EA. I don't agree with everything they do, but I don't hate them. Ha!
I figured that out :biggrin2:

But let me ask you one thing. Of course if you can comment on that.

You know why a lot of gamers hate EA. They have gone too far on the money thing. Milking customers just doesn't work.

In that respect, when you personally compare EA and Giants, there is a huge difference isn't there?

I mean, I didn't pay a premium price to Giants but in return I got an amazing game and literally tons of other stuff for free (DLCs, mods, support, etc.).

I don't even begin to talk about EA and their pricing policy.
PS5 / FS22
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

It's horrible to hear that not all of the FS17 DLC vehicles and equipment will make it into FS19. I hope Giants convert them over as mods if nothing else. Otherwise they'll be lost forever. It's not as if any decent modder can just convert them, as they're locked. I personally would be very upset if the entirety of the big bud and platinum DLCs was not brought over, either as part of the base game, or a mod. Same with the Kuhn square bale wrapper and the Kuhn merger. If those are all in FS19, I would be OK with that I guess. But what're the chances of that I wonder. FS19 looks really good either way, I just hope we don't lose some good Giants equipment as a result.

Maybe Lisertan can elaborate on what he knows or doesn't know in terms of stuff being converted as either a mod, base game, or lost entirely.
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:35 pm
Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:20 pm
I figured that out :biggrin2:

But let me ask you one thing. Of course if you can comment on that.

You know why a lot of gamers hate EA. They have gone too far on the money thing. Milking customers just doesn't work.

In that respect, when you personally compare EA and Giants, there is a huge difference isn't there?

I mean, I didn't pay a premium price to Giants but in return I got an amazing game and literally tons of other stuff for free (DLCs, mods, support, etc.).

I don't even begin to talk about EA and their pricing policy.
The difference is INSANE. Not even like day and night, more like ... day and cheesecake. There is no way to compare the two.

There are several reasons for that. EA is HUGE, Giants is tiny, this alone makes for 2 completely different companies, but I tell you the biggest difference and that is the one that BLEW my mind and makes me never wanting to leave Giants EVER:

EA, and every single company I worked for, tries to maximize their earnings. Quite frankly, I think that is fair enough, they are a company after all. GIANTS is completely different. OF COURSE we are trying to make as much money as possible, but the main goal here is to maximize happyness ... inside and outside of the company. This is so weird to see and at the same time so cool.

Let me give you an example:

Did you know? If you buy the game via our webshop and you won't use the key within a specific time, we will send you a letter with the key? Like not en email.. a propper letter reminding you that you bought the game and providing the key in case you lost it. I've never seen that before and I think it's SO COOL.

Same thing with my bosses taking everything I say seriously. I'm the Community Manager after all, I know what the Community wants, so they trust me with decisions I would never ever be able to make within bigger companies.

So yeah completely different because of their different goals, different size and different company type. EA has stakeholders and needs to make them happy. We don't and our CEO is already happy enough.
Community Manager

RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Farmer_S wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pmIt's not as if any decent modder can just convert them, as they're locked.
Modders have already converted Giants models and maps into FS17 from FS15. Take a look at Krone Big M and Westbridge Hills.
It depends on Giants permission. It is doable. Not impossible.
Besides think about it. If Giants converts all DLCs from previous versions to newer ones, the shop would be flooded with a ton of stuff we got used to instead of new and different ones.
Last edited by RODHA on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:21 pm Not that I'm aware of, no. (same for CP, follow me ect.)
Ah, okay then... I will wait patiently for the GPS mod to hit FS19. :) - I didn't think Follow Me would be there, hence why I didn't ask on that one... Seasons, GPS and Follow Me will be the 3 mods I get as soon as they release for it. :D - As for, CP... I never have used that one.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.