Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Farmer_S

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Farmer_S » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:08 pm

RODHA wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:44 pm
Farmer_S wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm
It's not as if any decent modder can just convert them, as they're locked.
Modders have already converted Giants models and maps into FS17 from FS15. Take a look at Krone Big M and Westbridge Hills.
It depends on Giants permission. It is doable. Not impossible.
Besides think about it. If Giants converts all DLCs from previous versions to newer ones, the shop would be flooded with a ton of stuff we got used to instead of new and different ones.
Westbridge hills was officially converted by Giants themselves from FS2013 to FS15, and then to FS17 by another modder, which then was uploaded by Giants to their modhub for FS17. At the point that any modder was able to get a hold of it, it was no longer DLC locked. The Krone Big M was never DLC locked, so that's easy enough for a modder to convert. My point I was making is about DLC locked tools and vehicles. There's no possible way to open the .dlc files that Giants have their DLC content locked in.

RODHA

Post by RODHA » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Tbh, I have no idea how that works. My point was it all depends on Giants. It might be possible. If circumstances alow, anything is possible.
May be you remember, we all thought and talked that seasons is literally impossible for consoles because of scripting. And then what happened? So...
PS4 / FS19

SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Birds should land behind seeders etc, but pooping is not confirmed, yet lol :D and about seasons i read that Seaosons will not be in base game because they were too far in game development. In my opinion Seasons will come after release as official mod in modhub. We will see!
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I

DeereJason

Post by DeereJason » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Lisertan wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Whoah. That's one hard question right here. I have honestly no idea and numbers are changing pretty much every day right now :D I highly recommend waiting for out list.
That's fine. Was just looking for a little clarity because what someone may indicate as a "new vehicle" could actually just be new equipment. 38 vehicles (tractors/trucks) is a lot of new additions, if they were counted as (I believe) they were in FS17. 38 new pieces of equipment is a good amount, but with the addition of a couple new brands, that would be about as expected.

Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 pm

RODHA wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm
Tbh, I have no idea how that works. My point was it all depends on Giants. It might be possible. If circumstances alow, anything is possible.
May be you remember, we all thought and talked that seasons is literally impossible for consoles because of scripting. And then what happened? So...
I'm not trying to start a huge discussion here, but mods are a completely different ball game to DLCs. I think everyone deep down knew that something as big as seasons would eventually make it to all platforms, despite barriers, as it did. When you think about it, scripts were never really NOT a part of consoles. Giants DLCs have scripts, the base game has scripts, everything has scripts. The difference is that Sony and Microsoft only allow Giants' scripts, so any scripts Giants incorporates will be allowed on console.
As for Giants unlocking a DLC for a modder to convert, I think we all know that's highly unlikely, as if anyone else gets their hands on it, it can be uploaded everywhere for free, then it's not really a DLC anymore, and Giants don't get anymore money since it can be found elsewhere.

Boddi

Post by Boddi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm

DeereJason wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:11 pm
"Not all of the FS17 DLC vehicles and equipment will carry over to FS19.
The new vehicle count is now at 38 (per 19th of February 2018 – Source)"
Hi DeereJason :hi:

The first point, about FS17 DLC, was picked up from an interview Martin (Amboss) and Jos (Rahkiin) did with YouTube channel "Burning Gamers". Around 10:30 they start talking about DLCs, both third party and Giants own.

The second point, about the vehicle roster, was from an Playstation Lifestyle story, written after Focus Home Interactive's "What's Next" Event in Paris, back in February. That one line I wrote, is admittedly a bit out of context. Here's the full paragraph:
During the presentation, we were told Farming Simulator 19 currently has 38 new vehicles. This number may even grow by the time the launch date arrives, but still, to have over three dozen new vehicles to choose from is quite a large number, especially when you add it to an already impressive stable.
Hope this helps :smileynew:

garyst

Post by garyst » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Curious about how the slot system will work with the new multiplayer on console. Will the slot count be devided between how many ever players are playing?, Or will each player get the full slot count?

DeereJason

Post by DeereJason » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Boddi wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm
Thanks. Being that this was back in February, I sort of assumed that number was very preliminary. I was sort of hunting for a little more clarification on terminology and maybe some verification.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Lisertan wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am
BigC92 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 am
I like the idea of having to buy plots of land instead of buying fields, meaning you have more fields to work in instead of 1 at a time, i just wonder how big the buyable plots of land is? I know its gonna be super expensive, also i wonder how much money we will have when starting a farm with nothing on it, that's gonna be a challenge, what to buy ECT, ECT... But maybe in the near future some can shed some light on that subject.
Let's see if I can help.

First: How huge a plot of land (we call it farmland here) is, depends on the map and what the modder (or we) intended. There might be huge plots and small plots on a map ect.

As for the build stuff
Current version:

Easy Mode: You have everything build up for you
Normal mode: You have nothing but a huge amount of cash and can build your own farm
Hard: You have nothing and veeeeery little cash.

(it won't be easy/normal/hard but I don't know the new names, yet)
Do you have to own the land to cut the trees?
Are there dedicated areas on the maps for cutting trees without buying the land?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
Who Dat Who Der Ranch-Flaming Pinto Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .

hockeyjim07

Post by hockeyjim07 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:49 pm

TacoFarmer wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Do you have to own the land to cut the trees?
Are there dedicated areas on the maps for cutting trees without buying the land?
I do hope you have to own land to cut trees down. and I also hope there is a dedicated area for foresting that you either have to lease or buy in order to cut down trees

W1der

Post by W1der » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Cutting down trees as missions ... how ´bout that? :smileynew:
[Win10] Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz / GTX1070 Dual OC 8GB GDDR5 / 32GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM

Boddi

Post by Boddi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:39 pm

DeereJason wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:09 pm
I was sort of hunting for a little more clarification on terminology and maybe some verification.
Thanks DeereJason - About terminology…

I believe the total vehicle roster (vehicles being tractors, trucks, loaders, forwarders and harvesters) grew with around 30 additions from FS15 to FS17, when including FS15 and FS17 DLCs.

So, it’s not far fetched to think that we’ll get 38 new steerables, on wheels or tracks, in FS19. 38 (or more) new vehicles could bring the total vehicle count close to 100 in FS19. That would be extremely impressive 😊 This is, of course, just me speculating.

Personally, I hope to see a Versatile Deltatrack in the game at some point. I think it’s one of the world’s most beautiful tractors, close to NH’s T8s and Quadtracs.

jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm

i agree boddi im lucky enough to have a versatile dealer on my way to work and cant help but look at all the shiny new toys sitting there lol

DeereJason

Post by DeereJason » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Boddi wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm
Thanks for the video...but not being in English is limiting.

When I look at the term "vehicle" I look back to the breakdown shown on the FS17 data page...

https://www.farming-simulator.com/about ... latform=pc

As is listed there, "Vehicles", "harvesters", "equipment", etc.

What is shared in conversation is likely different than what is going to be shown in an official game breakdown. Not being able to reference the source conversation does leave the context to be subjective.

I guess we'll know a few months from now.

Boddi

Post by Boddi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 pm

jamesadams933 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm
i agree boddi im lucky enough to have a versatile dealer on my way to work and cant help but look at all the shiny new toys sitting there lol
Wish I had a commute like yours :biggrin2: