Map Size ? ? ?

Alagos

Re: Map Size ? ? ?

Post by Alagos »

Lower spec pcs, consoles. Giants just wants to get their game out to as many people as possible and the limited map size is not necessarily because of the consoles.
Besides, I dare to say most people are fine with the 2km x 2km maps, only a small portion of the players wants their 4x maps.

Oh and about comparing EA to Giants, Lisertan wrote something about it here.
I think he said "It's like day and cheesecake, you can't compare them."
Look for that post on here somewhere and read it.
Giants is not a company that's only after peoples money.

Edit:
viewtopic.php?f=876&t=123774&p=1002589#p1002589
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I have a fairly powerful PC, Ryzen 1700 and gtx1070, and most if not all map at 4x run like stuff. So i would rather stay in the standard size map, lone oak farm does a good job showing how to make a map feel open and large with the standard size. I have no need for the extra land given by 4x because i dont want to harvest a field for 4 hours straight lol
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^All of this^^

The only reason I would ever want a larger map is for longer drives to transport stuff. Long drives to deliver grain or haul combines, but even that would get old. I have no desire to run a virtual 1000 acre farm.

BTW, I have enjoyed FS17 on console much more than I enjoyed the last 3 on PC so to each his own.

Giants is in the business of making money and, for better or worse, console games generate more of it. Just the way she goes boys.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

He's on pc so I don't understand the problem. It's not like you can't download 4x or bigger maps
XBOX/ FS22
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:20 pm I have a fairly powerful PC, Ryzen 1700 and gtx1070, and most if not all map at 4x run like stuff. So i would rather stay in the standard size map, lone oak farm does a good job showing how to make a map feel open and large with the standard size. I have no need for the extra land given by 4x because i dont want to harvest a field for 4 hours straight lol
I guess you have never heard of...

1. Hired help, the default game has it.

2. Courseplay - once you're past the learning curve, most people are hooked on it, a very useful tool.
There are a lot of FS players that like large maps, all you have to do is look at the download numbers for the proof. Some people like to manage large farms.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

As has been point out, there's nothing to stop you from downloading a 4x map for 19. The default maps are designed to appeal to the widest cross section of players.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:20 pm I have a fairly powerful PC, Ryzen 1700 and gtx1070, and most if not all map at 4x run like stuff. So i would rather stay in the standard size map, lone oak farm does a good job showing how to make a map feel open and large with the standard size. I have no need for the extra land given by 4x because i dont want to harvest a field for 4 hours straight lol
Mr. you're not paying attention to the ratings or something, A month after I owned FS17 I owned every field on Goldcrest Valley, and started downloading and playing 4X maps, and in all the months since then, I've only had one map that had issues.

A quick trip to You Tube hitting the popular guys channels and are a ton of 4X map reviews stating the top 5 or 10. To each his own on how they want to "Simulate" farming. I myself prefer to simulate the real-world, and like the challenge of watching commodities board for the best prices to earn the most profit. I play all facets of the game, I luv being in the field in equipment hands on, the challenge of growing my farm, but I also store my crops (fruit) until the prices peak. I’ve played everything under the sun, Simulations, FPS, and RTS. I like the challenge of multitasking, and this is how I many others farm in FS17. In my younger years I’ve spend plenty of time on my Uncles farm. That farm started out way back when with about 400 acres, and now through a few generations floats between 2.200 – 2,600 acres, and I don’t have to tell you the size of the farms in the large prairie states, entire sections of the same crop. I’d like to see some of this brought forward into FS19, but I can see its never going to happen, and Giant is unable to have a vision outside-of-the-box or something. I thought for sure I would see GPS brought in, but know stuck with ride markers, and the radiator cap. GPS has been aligning crops in fields for years. I was hoping to see some kind of app (management tool) that would run from Android, iOS where you could monitor and look at stuff when on the go from you vehicle. Or at least give me the option to view the large PDA map as a mini-map allowing one to see what was going on in the field in real-time. Modders are doing these things, and we can see Giant has only brought a very few of those ideas.

Back to simulating the real-world, you have not been able to hobby-farm in long time, you can't make it work financially with the cost of equipment, seed, etc., you have to have a large farm to turn profits. Now if you want to simulate farming with 3-meter - 6-meter equipment, and mess around in the dirt that's fine for you, then its a game, I prefer to play as a true simulation. I farm a map until I own almost all the fields, and then move onto the next map for new challenges, terrain, features etc. Modders have done so much for this game in both equipment and map releases, I give them strong praise, and have donated to several of their Pay Pal accounts.

This brings to the most purchased DLC for FS17, the Big Bud DLC, someone was thinking of larger fields or farms when this was created!

All I'm saying is, without that much more work, you could expand the boarder of 2X map, Giant could offer an option in in the settings for larger map, or just create a few as DLC. There are a bunch of game companies that do this, and they are definitely making "profits" doing it.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Earnest Pea wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:50 pm As has been point out, there's nothing to stop you from downloading a 4x map for 19. The default maps are designed to appeal to the widest cross section of players.
Lot of changes with features and graphics, it will take mod teams awhile to get on top of all the changes and start releasing mods.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

You know, the biggest part of the FS players actually play 'casual' not a style you use. the 2kmx2km maps are for performance reasons, not everyone has a huge gaming rig. (and consoles would probably struggle with the 4x maps)
For FS19 Giants focused on adding things people asked for, but ofcourse, they can't do every (little) thing everyone asks for.

And another huge point: not everyone lives in the freaking U.S.A.
Huge farms like you have in the U.S. can't be found all over the world.

Besides, the FS19 release is still 4 months away, not everything is known about the game, yet, you are complaining already because 'your' ideas are probably not in the game.

Your 'rant' annoys me, for some reason I can't actually figure out..

>>Rules<<
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

HC1Gunner wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 pm snip

You seem on the offense that I said that I dont want to spend hours harvesting a field, you also suggested that workers exsist in the base game and that courseplay is a thing. I know this because i did a full video on how to get a worker to work in any shape field with minimal impact. I know that for my viewers watching me toil around in the same field for 4-5 days trying to get things done is not what they want to see me doing and would rather see me progress through an entire map buying and working many different fields with minimum worker influence.

I also think that courseplay is a fine tool, and while I may be going to it for some things, I play FS to have fun and not make it as realistic as I can be with field sizes. If that is what you like then more power to you, download these big maps and knock yourself out, but most do not have the feeling of the smaller maps. I am not a farmer either, and I am not getting paid to play this game so why am I going to sit down and waste my time and money on something I think that is not fun for me.

also I have the big bud pack, i got it for two reasons
1 i love the 450
2 the bigger plow and tools cuts down tedious jobs on base sized maps into manageable chunks that i can stand doing in a sitting.

Stop citing implement size as a meaning for map value. If this was true then you wouldnt ever use anything bigger than 3m on any field in the base game as it is unrealistic to do so.

Again it is my opinion that giants needs not focus on making bigger maps, they should focus on making a better more refined game engine that modders can use to make what they want. So stop trying to force your opinion on others with "realism" in mind in a game where a cow can climb the roof of my big bud 450 magically
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:57 pm
HC1Gunner wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 pm snip

You seem on the offense that I said that I dont want to spend hours harvesting a field, you also suggested that workers exsist in the base game and that courseplay is a thing. I know this because i did a full video on how to get a worker to work in any shape field with minimal impact. I know that for my viewers watching me toil around in the same field for 4-5 days trying to get things done is not what they want to see me doing and would rather see me progress through an entire map buying and working many different fields with minimum worker influence.

I also think that courseplay is a fine tool, and while I may be going to it for some things, I play FS to have fun and not make it as realistic as I can be with field sizes. If that is what you like then more power to you, download these big maps and knock yourself out, but most do not have the feeling of the smaller maps. I am not a farmer either, and I am not getting paid to play this game so why am I going to sit down and waste my time and money on something I think that is not fun for me.

also I have the big bud pack, i got it for two reasons
1 i love the 450
2 the bigger plow and tools cuts down tedious jobs on base sized maps into manageable chunks that i can stand doing in a sitting.

Stop citing implement size as a meaning for map value. If this was true then you wouldnt ever use anything bigger than 3m on any field in the base game as it is unrealistic to do so.

Again it is my opinion that giants needs not focus on making bigger maps, they should focus on making a better more refined game engine that modders can use to make what they want. So stop trying to force your opinion on others with "realism" in mind in a game where a cow can climb the roof of my big bud 450 magically
I'm not forcing anyone do do anything, are are tons so players playing large maps, site download numbers back this up. I do have fun playing large maps and running a large farm, to me and many others, that challenge is what makes it fun. You're using the lager equipment to "cuts down tedious jobs", I use that type of equipment to farm larger fields, cutting time while increasing my profits. Many others like me prefer to simulate owning a real farm, and we have fun at it. Very reason that Giant's create the game and released it in a bunch of different languages, but only offered up the metric system. Players in the US asked for a game setting option of Imperial or Metric, it was talking about, but never happened. I can tell you that it would not take that many lines of written code to make this happen. Little things like the are what make the difference between a good title, and a great title. You should not have to rely on the mod world to do everything.

It does say Farming "Simulator", I suggest you go to Websters and look of the definition.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Actually, I think Giants made these games for people to enjoy, even with people with lower end PCs, hence the performance being mentioned as pretty much the main reasoning behind the current set up of the game , or people who don't care about realistic farming at all.

Everyone has a different play style, Giants can't possibly make everyone 100% happy. Apparently there are some people who think the maps are to smalk, but most people don't.

and something to look up for you: 'game'
Farming Simulator is still a game, it's not meant to be as realistic as the RL flying simulators or other 'actual' simulators. (not talking about simulator games like flight sims, train sims or trucking sims)

PS
Again your post annoys me to no end, you sound way to entitled in these last forum posts of yours..

>>Rules<<
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Entitled ? ? ? Lets see, I'm a veteran, dirt poor, disabled, and semi-retired, I'm hardly entitled. I've struggled all my life with to get what little I have, if your talking about the components of my PC, I bought almost every competent used off eBay for $900, $400 more than what an Xbox One sold for when they were new. I would say that if you're that annoyed, you should have just skipped my thread, and never made a post.

I started this thread with (2) polite simple questions, note the the 3rd word in the first sentence. There was no ranting or negative thought's that have come from most of the replies.

"Can you please explain why we are stuck with the same size small maps as FS17? I figured Giant would at lease be able to move forward to a 4X map, especially for the U.S. map.

Why the decision to not move forward to DX12 support, or will FS19 offer both as an option"?
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Dirt poor but you had 900 to spend building a computer. Hmmm
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway