[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by Lisertan »

Welcome to the first devblog for Farming Simulator 19! In the run-up to release we’ll be sharing in-depth details about the new and improved features coming in Farming Simulator 19. Today we’ll introduce you to the new farm creation systems that give you more options for how and where to build your farm.

The central pillar of these new systems is a change to how owning land works. Rather than purchasing single fields, you now buy tracts of land that include fields, forests, and space for buildings. This is now yours to do with as you wish: Creating new fields, placing silos for storage, placing pastures, and cutting down the trees for lumber.

• It all ties into our three new play modes:
  • New Farmer is a balanced starting experience that gives you some equipment and a small pre-placed farm, ready to be upgraded. This mode is similar in playstyle to previous Farming Simulator games and recommended for new players.
  • Farm Manager gives you a large amount of money but no farm or equipment to speak of. This leaves you totally open to build the farm of your dreams, picking a prime starting location and crafting everything from the produce to the aesthetics.
  • Start From Scratch is the most hardcore option, enabling realistic settings and starting you with no land, no farm, and limited money. You will need to plan carefully, and we’re excited to see which areas of the map become optimal starting locations under these conditions.
Enhancing this experience is an expansion of the placeable system, which allows you to choose not only where your farm is, but how it looks. Decoration placeables will add to the look and feel of your farm, while pastures of animals and silo storage points let you custom-design its efficiency. This is also how you choose your house spawn point and hire your new canine friend, as seen in the E3 CGI trailer.

It even allows for multiple farms in one multiplayer server, with individual players owning different areas of the map, and specializing in different areas. Max out on pastures to create the perfect cattle farm, use arable land to produce food - choose how to use the land at your disposal. The details of multiplayer will be discussed further in a future update.

Naturally, modding is fully supported in these improved systems. Industrious community members are invited to create their own farmhouses, husbandries, farm silos, and anything else for the placeable system. Meanwhile mod maps can define their own purchasable areas, which NPCs are associated with them, how much they cost, and even if they are included in the New Farmer starting mode.

How will you play Farming Simulator 19? Start from nothing and work your way up to maximum efficiency, or build the beautiful farm of your dreams in the most scenic locations thanks to our overhauled graphics engine? We’re looking forward to seeing what you do when Farming Simulator 19 releases later this year.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
diar1410

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by diar1410 »

incredible I think that when I come out farming Simulator 19 I will not play any other game
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That sounds like a whole new ball game.
But, as a diehard FS17 fan I'm just not sure how it will make me feel.
I'm so used to the existing system, a major change like that scares me a bit.
PS5 / FS22
Aidan

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation- Why this is the best change in Gameplay

Post by Aidan »

With this new addition to a great game there will be a lot more than Farming and after a long time of Farming it can get quite boring and mods may help a bit in gaining interest but now by being able to create your own farm there will be a whole lot of gameplay coming out of this new FS 19. Good Job Giants
Nybyggarn

Post by Nybyggarn »

Will there be different sizes of barns for cows for example? Having a barn for 20 cows when you got 200 or vice versa would be wierd. You would never manage to milk 200 cows by hand and the cost for having a milking robot and so on for 20 would not be viable?
elevenfourteen

Post by elevenfourteen »

The question here is... How will it work with all the grass around? Can you create paths? Are you able to change the underground?

Lokking really amazing! Can't wait to read more about this. It really let's you feel like you created something really beautiful after playing a hundred hours.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

There are underground placeables as well (like sand squares and stuff) to place
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

This sounds very interesting. I think it's a great thing that we will now be able to better customize our maps to our individual wants/ needs. I also might see where this may not be as big of a deal for the PC community, but this could be as close as console players can get to a form of modding. While us consolers won't actually be creating placeables and such, we can still have a say in the layout of them and building the maps up to fit what we like. This will only be enhanced down the road by the modding community as well. Great addition Giants! Thank you! :hi:
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

This kind of flexibility in creating your own farm is going to be superb *thumbsup* .
Has there been any improvements in the way that items are placed on the map to help align them with other objects or the ability to fine tune them before (or after) final placement?
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

game changing..... *thumbsup*

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
pedrochapps

Post by pedrochapps »

This Sounds Amazing.

So with peaceable items will we be able to put things close together and not 30 foot away from a building, I assume you will have "junk" to give it that farm vibe so that will need to be placed up too or even in buildings ?
elevenfourteen

Post by elevenfourteen »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 pm There are underground placeables as well (like sand squares and stuff) to place
Now that is ultra amazing! Thank you for this additional information! You got me hooked with the first FS19 screen anyway, but the more information I get, the more jittery I get. If you ever need a beta tester... =)

You developers doing a great job! I appreciate your work big time!
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Thought I already replied here, but I must have not submitted it....

Anyway, nice work! Looking forward to this feature.

As in previous versions of FS, will there be random buildings (storage sheds) near fields on the maps? Or will the map start without any buildings (on purchasable land)? If buildings exist, will they be removable once land is purchased?
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Sounds Awesome. Can't wait to play. Start from nothing sounds amazing. hopefully you can steal an apple pie from a window to eat, so you don't starve. haha.... Keep up the Great work guys......
Lellela

Post by Lellela »

This is exactly how I've wanted to play Farming Simulator for so long, I'm so excited to see it finally happening! Hats off to the hard-working folks at Giant, and thank you!