[Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

ClassicTractors

Re: [Dev-Blog] Improved Farm Creation

Post by ClassicTractors »

This looks awesome! I hope we will be able to make mountain top farms overlooking the land below. That’d be amazing IMO.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
s7davis

Post by s7davis »

I would like to point out that the cotton with the weeds in the field in 1st pic looks nice. But the devs need to tend to the weed infestation they have their in that cotton field. Unless those are withered weeds they were brown.
kane1973

Post by kane1973 »

What about the slots system on consoles. If i want to start from scratch. Do my slots decrease much and am i not able to buy a lot of machinery?
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 pm There are underground placeables as well (like sand squares and stuff) to place
You guys are awesome!!
Taco Tuesday and a DevBlog!!
Thanks Lisertan,and Thanks to the rest of your team.
November 20th cant get here quick enough.
DevBlogs rule!!
WTF are sand squares??
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I have specifically waited for the comments to pile up before I write this.

Am I the only one who doesn't like this concept? I mean really dislike it.

I'm of course not against it. At the end of the day almost the entire community seems to be trilled by it. But I just don't like it.

Because I really don't have that much imagination for creating things. I'm much of a preset gamer. Like to play on preset ground with preset rules.

What I wonder is if I'm alone?
PS5 / FS22
elevenfourteen

Post by elevenfourteen »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:17 pm [...] Am I the only one who doesn't like this concept? I mean really dislike it.
I'm of course not against it. At the end of the day almost the entire community seems to be trilled by it. But I just don't like it.
Because I really don't have that much imagination for creating things. [...]
You sure are not alone. You could start in the first mode then, and if this is too easy for you, you could start a new save in the first mode, save the game, edit the savegame to give you less money and more loan, and you are good to go.

Personally I like how this is being developed. But I can tell you one thing. In real life I build prototypes. Not important what kind. And every new project gives me one thought. I am not going to design and build it in a way that works in the end. I just cannot imagine how it is going to look like in the end. And it is very similar with creating a layout for your farm. You don't just sit there for an hour in that building placement menu, having no idea what next. You play the game and there comes the time when you think of something you would need right now. To get progress. To make something work. And then you just do it. You don't really need to design something wonderful in the first place. You need to make something work, just like I do it in my job. And it works every time, although I have not much imagination by myself. If I were you, I would try it at least once! =)
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

diar1410 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 pm incredible I think that when I come out farming Simulator 19 I will not play any other game
i subscrive your words :smileynew:
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
W1der

Post by W1der »

RODHA ... as I understandit one of the modes comes with some default buildings.
I do not think you need to worry!

To bad you are not on PC ...
I would be happy to set a farm up for you and just send you the savegame.xml file ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Indeed, farm building isn't my kind of a thing either. I'll take whatever the default map/farm is and run with it. Lots of people wanted this feature though, I hope they'll have fun with it.
W1der

Post by W1der »

It will probably "grow on you" ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I like they added this “shop editor” I guess you could say mode so that we can fit the shop to the size of equipment we would like to use and now we can make the buildings we place not be on grass or have bushes inside of them thank you guys
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:17 pm I have specifically waited for the comments to pile up before I write this.

Am I the only one who doesn't like this concept? I mean really dislike it.

Because I really don't have that much imagination for creating things. I'm much of a preset gamer. Like to play on preset ground with preset rules.

What I wonder is if I'm alone?
Nope, your not the only one.

I'm still unsure of it. Like really unsure. Especially when concerning maps replicating Real life areas. I understand people like to have things a certain way but personally I prefer the layout and constraints of real life farms.

I don't know. I can see maps being very bland and boring set up with nothing on it. Especially compared with maps like Oakfield Farm and Lone Oak Farm. Considering the incredible amount of detail put into these maps.

But I suppose on the flip side its also easy for me to say this being that I'm on pc. And the fact if there is something I don't like I can just jump into giants editor and do whatever I like. But I didn't feel the need to change things massively when I was on console. I just lived with the quirks of certain maps and it didn't really affect gameplay either way.

So yea. I guess we will see. Nevertheless I'm still excited about fs19. However. Gameplay video(s) of this farm building could help put my mind at ease.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
HarvestMan

Post by HarvestMan »

Will be pre-ordering if I can!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks for the comments :hi:
It seems this aspect will put a lot of work on modders. Some will try to create best preset maps while others go for the "do it yourself" way.
I can't see how all of them can be in 1 map.
May be maps will be categorized under different modes and will be tailor made for a specific mode.
I mean, think about real life locations. They would never work with "build your own farm" logic.
PS5 / FS22
Mr Midnight

Post by Mr Midnight »

I have been waiting for this for years. This will be so exciting.