fast harvester

blackiecat

fast harvester

Post by blackiecat »

been using the new hollland cr10.90 harvester and it cuts millet at 20 mph on the level it slows up on the hill is it supposed to go that fast
rob16

Re: fast harvester

Post by rob16 »

yea thats the normal speed. Farming isnt a rush, in real life if youre cutting too fast then you'll clog or your combine won't be able to keep up
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

Harvesting is usually done at around 6 or 7 miles per hour...its a pretty slow process. dont get me started on poplars either...those are harvested at like 3 or 4.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Holy cow! Why so fast? Thats the speed i go when going up hills with the combine not harvesting.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

It depends on what you’re harvesting but it typically ranges from 6-10 mph things such as wheat and barley require you to drive slower as the combine has to thresh all the straw and if you go to fast will bog the machine now causing it to stop things like soybeans however are light and don’t have straw and so can be run fairly fast for a combine I think we average around 9-10 mph harvesting soybeans also with straw crops though they are very susceptible to being blown over by wind and rain and so you have to run the header right next to the ground and crawl along basically at just 1-3 mph
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Gimli54 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:52 am It depends on what you’re harvesting but it typically ranges from 6-10 mph things such as wheat and barley require you to drive slower as the combine has to thresh all the straw and if you go to fast will bog the machine now causing it to stop things like soybeans however are light and don’t have straw and so can be run fairly fast for a combine I think we average around 9-10 mph harvesting soybeans also with straw crops though they are very susceptible to being blown over by wind and rain and so you have to run the header right next to the ground and crawl along basically at just 1-3 mph
That fast for beans. They are lighter than most crops but have to keep the head on the ground. Beans are tricky. They can fall off the stalk with a slight bump or they can have problems threshing if the stalks aren't just right. Air reels are a big help
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I will admit it’s been a while since I’ve been on a combine during bean harvest but they’re pretty quick about it usually
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

just been having a look at info to slow the harvester down and it looks like you have to alter the cutter speed and not the combine so the speed was set at 33 and it cut at 20 mph so I changed it to 12 and it now cuts at 7 mph looks more realistic now
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

The speed numbers you are looking at in the XML are in KPH
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

I must have done something right as I have it running at 8mph on the speedo and it's filling the trailer more slowly now not just dumping 40 litres in one go