Seasons Mod Thread #2

Weasle

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by Weasle »

I don't get it then. Mine are only high 60s to 70s at yellow for Canola, and Barley.

I guess I will just harvest at yellow, even though wopster tells me otherwise.
reallogger wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:08 am Grain crops are only harvestable at the very last growth stage in seasons. In vanilla they are harvestable at 5,6 and 7. Seasons = only 7.

This means they are displayed with darkest orange colour in the overview screen and the Wopstr tells you 100% growth. In other words there is only one harvestable stage.
I give up.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

reallogger wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:08 am This means they are displayed with darkest orange colour in the overview screen and the Wopstr tells you 100% growth.
I copied some older information and this is incorrect. Crop is harvestable when it shows as yellow (the first harvestable stage) in the overview.

Now what is confusing is the report of crop with 60-70% growth on the Wopstr and that it shows as yellow in the overview. This should not happen if not the map has crops that are incorrectly set up.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Guys, im not sure this will make it any easier to explain but this is the official explanaton, i always took the three stages or readyness as the time you have to harvest before it withers.not sure of what the wopstar was showing or why? mines always been 100% on my console.

From Seasons website.
Crops, except for grass and oilseed radish, are only harvestable in the final stage, unlike in vanilla. The final stage of growth is represented by the first harvestable stage in the growth overview screen in the Esc menu. As soon as you see a crop reach the first harvestable stage, it means the crop is ready is harvest - it is the final stage. Harvesting can only be done when moisture content of the crop is sufficiently low. After rain the crop needs time and sunny weather to dry. Moist summer nights can also occur when it will be impossible to harvest. This feature can be switched off by going to the Seasons menu (Alt + S or L1 + Options) and then going to the settings tab (Crop Moisture). Crops can be foraged / whole cropped at the same growth states as vanilla.
You keep a Troshin :hi:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The good news is, you can't harvest until it's ready no matter what. The combine will not function until the crop is ready to harvest. Yields for everything except grass are not affected no matter what color the map is showing.

I generally harvest crops as soon as I can just so I can get post-harvest field work started sooner. I always wait until the last stage for grass before mowing.

The only other exception is chopping green crops for chaff. You can do that with a forage harvester at the final stage of growth just before it turns yellow on the map.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Yeah, I always.will chaff corn on the darkest green growth
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

I originally posted this because I wanted--at the time--to find a way to do it "properly"... Then changed my mind and just used the cheat code....
But, I'll leave the original post here in the interest of asking if this is known and/or is/was fixed in the github/dev version (I prefer to stick with the latest official release at this point...)
I seem to have found a new issue... My CR10.90 harvester has been requiring maintenance for awhile and is now randomly stalling, so I don't think it'll survive long enough to finish my full harvest before it dies outright....
How do I do the maintenance on it?
If I use the toolbox, the repair button does not work.
Taking it to the vehicle sell point at the shop, I only have the option to sell it, no repair.
So, I can't do the maintenance on it.
Referencing a previous post, I removed the header and left it on the field because I didn't want to bother transporting it to the farmyard where the toolbox is or to the shop...
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

StoneC0ld wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:46 am I originally posted this because I wanted--at the time--to find a way to do it "properly"... Then changed my mind and just used the cheat code....
But, I'll leave the original post here in the interest of asking if this is known and/or is/was fixed in the github/dev version (I prefer to stick with the latest official release at this point...)
I seem to have found a new issue... My CR10.90 harvester has been requiring maintenance for awhile and is now randomly stalling, so I don't think it'll survive long enough to finish my full harvest before it dies outright....
How do I do the maintenance on it?
If I use the toolbox, the repair button does not work.
Taking it to the vehicle sell point at the shop, I only have the option to sell it, no repair.
So, I can't do the maintenance on it.
Referencing a previous post, I removed the header and left it on the field because I didn't want to bother transporting it to the farmyard where the toolbox is or to the shop...
If you don't get the option to repair, it means the vehicle has reached its end of life. This happens when the repair cost surpasses 150% of the sell price of the vehicle. This is valdi for the published 1.3 version, but is changed in the development version where you can repair no matter what the cost is.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I did not even realize a vehicle could even get that old. Does this take time forwards into account? Like if you play on 120x speed non stop?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Weasle wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 am I did not even realize a vehicle could even get that old. Does this take time forwards into account? Like if you play on 120x speed non stop?
Not directly, but the age (in game years) is taken into account when calculating the depreciation that affects the sell price of the vehicle. However, the hours on the vehicle also counts (and hours accumulated are independent of game speed).
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Oh yes, my two Levy Juno or what ever the name is, worked too much hours, so I couldn't repair it anymore and costs me 26.000 each day each one! ....
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

ltl.vamp wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:25 pm Oh yes, my two Levy Juno or what ever the name is, worked too much hours, so I couldn't repair it anymore and costs me 26.000 each day each one! ....
Sorry to hear that... It won't help you as your on console, but we've made some changes to prevent exactly such cases.

Alternative would be to sell them and buy new ones..
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

:biggrin2: No Problem. Find it funny. Sold them and clean now with brush and trac. :lol:
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Maybe Reallogger or someone can answer this.

I want to know if its a seasons issue, or a console issue.

So it finally snowed in winter. I have all the snow and graphics options enabled. But no vehicles leave tracks in the snow, even though it is set to on.

Is it because I am on console?

Thanks,
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

my PS4 leaves tracks in the snow
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

It only just briefly snowed. Maybe 2 hours worth.

Is it because it was only one snow layer or whatever? Maybe it was not deep enough or what not. You know the snow setting where you can toggle one layer or all.

I dunno if it was because it was not much snow, seasons is installed wrong, or Lone Oak is the issue.

I guess I could really test it and load up the geo that is always snowy, to test later.

Like my snow was no where near this deep. It just barely covered the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUj-6TIwSA

I made a few piles and it compressed like you would see a tractor compressing silage or whatever though.