Pacific Northwest map

Greymantle1

Re: Pacific Northwest map

Post by Greymantle1 »

Thanks for all your work! I'm so looking forward to this release with the hangs I haven't been able to play.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

epideath wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:14 am @1992Tadej1992
Thanks for the kind words about the map. It has been a long journey of learning and creating. About a year in development so far, with over 1000 hours of time in learning Giants editor and restarting the map several times until I was happy with the basic layout. then it was just spending tons of time doing detail work, which I'm finding has no end, you just have to call it at some point :)

As far as skipping night, although I have never seen this happen, there has been an issue with the game randomly freezing, and this may be related. This has been my priority to fix, and I believe that it has been fixed. I have ran over 12 hours straight, playing, doing missions and in pause mode, with no issues. I plan to do a more complete and lengthy test to make sure that it isn't happening any more. The next update will require a new game start, unfortunately :(

There are only a few scripts that i'm leaving on the map, I'm following in BulletBill's thoughts that scripts are hard to make sure they are up to date, and they could have unknown conflicts, etc. Also most of the scripts I removed can be replaced with placeable items so gameplay won't change that drastically if the placeables are placed on the map.

Also I have been finalizing the map as far as final visual details and a bunch of other stuff I hope to make the map even better. I would like to thank the you-tubers that did gameplay videos as I was able to see how they played and it helped in fixing a few issues or making thing a bit better. Do to the game freeze I was forced to remove the additional fruit and some other scripts that were causing these issues.

Also I'm still testing but I believe I will have sugar cane working in seasons. I had this working on an update based on the previous release but due to the drastic changes from the game freezes I will need to test again, I believe that it will work tough. Also the previous release the sugar cane didn't regrow properly, I believe this will work on this release, but still needs testing.

Thanks to all for the good reviews even with the previous map freeze issues, I'm glad to hear people are enjoying the map, sets a high bar for my next map lol.

Not sure when the update will happen. I hope to get it sent off to modhub this week sometime. And if it goes through without errors it normally takes modhub about a week to finalize.
This is the planned final release of the map, barring any bugs that crop up, hopefully none.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to respond to the comments here the best I can and give a detailed state of the map.
Nevermind it is working now, i dont know what was the reason.

Few new things from last night:

-Vertically sliding doors are something that i didnt see in the past
-Light switches everywhere
-Display above seeds storage is also something, that isnt really common
-Dirty and old machines *thumbsup*
-Buyable water supply on the sheep farm is another logical feature, that makes a lot of sense.
-Quite difficult terrain, fields and roads

That is what i call a detailed and quality map.

Hats off :hi:
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

How goes the update?
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

How do I remove hedges? I've tried using the chainsaw, a tractor-mounted tree saw, and mower, but none of them will cut hedges marked as removable.

Fixed: I figured out how to cut down the hedges.
epideath

Post by epideath »

Greymantle1 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 am Thanks for all your work! I'm so looking forward to this release with the hangs I haven't been able to play.
have you started a new save with the current version? I have been doing a lot of testing lately and with an older save game it was freezing often. When I created a new save, I have been running for several days without exiting the game, all the time playing and pausing, with no freezes.

I'm still working on the update, trying to keep it backward compatible with the current version.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

epideath wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 am
Greymantle1 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 am Thanks for all your work! I'm so looking forward to this release with the hangs I haven't been able to play.
have you started a new save with the current version? I have been doing a lot of testing lately and with an older save game it was freezing often. When I created a new save, I have been running for several days without exiting the game, all the time playing and pausing, with no freezes.

I'm still working on the update, trying to keep it backward compatible with the current version.
The game I was playing was a new game no save.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

Greymantle1 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:21 pm
epideath wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 am

The game I was playing was a new game no save.
I went back and checked things over and I was installing the grazing mod that was the issue.
Daiboan

Post by Daiboan »

Oilseed Radish not planting? (not game breaking, who needs radishes anyways :oP)

Many thanks to epideath for such a great map. I can only reiterate what everyone else has said about it. The map checks so many of my personal preferences boxes it's almost uncanny. Even if that weren't the case, the amount of effort put into is obvious. It is greatly appreciated.

Of course, I probably wouldn't even have looked at the forum if there wasn't a "but" so...

Possible bug or else I'm doing something wrong. First thing I did was plough and then plant oilseed radish on fields 36, 37 and 38. The fields remain uncolored on the fruit types start menu map as if I haven't seeded anything there, no growth stages either of course. I waited a year+ (Seasons) and nothing grew. I then re-ploughed and planted wheat and it worked fine.

I've loaded numerous mods such as :
Chopped Straw
the various ForRealModules
Seasons
numerous other mods which I'm assuming are not the culprit unless having a dozen map mods in your folder is suddenly a problem again.

Any feedback is welcome. Except "just don't plant radishes" because duh...
epideath

Post by epideath »

You definitely found a typo bug :( You have two choices, one is make a very minor change to the map file and second wait for the next update to come out.
The update is behind what I had hoped. I just want to make sure that I fix any issues and add the last detail that I had in mind, without breaking any previous save games, if at all possible.

Anyways if you want to modify the map01.i3d file all you have to do is change the '4' to a '5' highlighted below. just search for the line that looks like this below:

From this: <FoliageSubLayer name="oilseedRadish" densityMapTypeIndex="11" densityMapChannelOffset="4" ....
To this: <FoliageSubLayer name="oilseedRadish" densityMapTypeIndex="11" densityMapChannelOffset="5" ....

Thanks for the kind words about the map, I wish there hadn't been a "but" though :)

Thanks for catching it though, much appreciated.
epideath

Post by epideath »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally solved the issue with the game freeze every so often. It happened to be related to the cow navmesh. If I replaced it with say the one for GCV it worked fine. Use the one on the map and re-create the navmesh doesn't work. So I finally made some small change to the navmesh layout and re-created it and lo and behold no more freezes. I'm not sure exactly what was going on there, maybe a corrupt navmesh?? If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Well regardless the freezes are gone! Along with my other changes

I have sent the update off to Giants for their blessing. This will be the final update I expect before FS19, so I don't consider it beta any longer, not sure if Giants will mark it as non-beta though.

This update should be backwards compatible with your save game.

Here is a short list of the changes:
- Sugar cane now regrows properly
- Sugar cane can now be grown in seasons, expect a long growth rate though (every two years). I did increase the sell amount per liter though slightly. (This was my first experience with growing sugar cane, its time consuming to harvest but you can sure rake in the money, well in seasons at least, not sure about non-seasons mode)
- Oil-seed radish now works
- Fixed cow manure pit
- and more...

Hopefully you will see the update in a week or two. If all goes well.

Thanks for the feedback, it was much appreciated and still is.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

Thanks for all your hard work. I will check out the map again when I finish Lone Oak Farm.
RetiredEGS

Post by RetiredEGS »

Great detail. Started to play the map but ran into my pet pev, gates that are to small to get equipment in. I use the case ecolo-til to plow and it does not fit through gates. Besides that this map is great
PS4 and PC
Slo_shadow

Post by Slo_shadow »

Any plan for converting it to FS19?
epideath

Post by epideath »

Yes, no idea when it will be ready though.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

If you get a chance can you tell me how you refill the seed storage and fuel storage on the farm?