[Dev-Blog] New Mission System

jan.m.o

Re: [Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Post by jan.m.o »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:59 pm Welcome to our second devblog for Farming Simulator 19
Cereals are planted in rows, then stubble is also in rows. And much more of them :search: ...

With best regards
Jan
- Maschine schreibt man ohne ie
- Standard schreibt man mit einem D am Ende
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

wildberry wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:49 pm
Redd wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:58 pmWanted to add one more question. Can you do more then one contract at a time in all the difficulty of the game.
Say if i want to take 2 contracts. Then having an worker on the first contract and then 2an contract i work on my self?
Hire workers are possible in missions but they will cost a lot more than hiring them for your own fields (was already mentioned before)
Denhalen wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:23 amIf you decide to use your own, there will be a option to transport them there, like the reset function.
Where was that confirmed? If they do that I hope it costs money. This isn't Star Trek! :biggrin2:
In reality that is not right, an employee that works for you gets paid the same, whether he's working on you farm, or work for you on someone else's farm. Just because you hire a worker to do a mission, you should not have to pay a hire wage.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

shredhed79 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:38 pm
HC1Gunner wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:37 am
Scuba steve wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:02 pm Im also hoping for better crop and ground textures as them screen shots do look identical to fs17, I understand the game is still months away from being released but to be honest, I was hoping for more of a dynamic ground, not anything near spintires of course but something more than we have now, it's just too darn plain when driving around, it rains and you drive through a field at top speed ugh, also just if things like physics of the game will be improved, like when I grab a log with a log fork, is it still going to shake and throw my tractor around? Other than that, I'm very excited for fs19
Not getting much more than than FS17 with limitations of console GPU's.
So why do games like thehunter call of the wild blow this away graphics wise? You're blaming consoles when it's the devs that can't make better graphics. Have actually seen any other console games? GTA is old as hell and looks better than FS, horizon zero dawn, red dead redemption 2, the witcher 3.... but yeah the console can't handle farming simulator......
1. You not talking apples to apples when you compare a FPS game to a farming simulator.

2. Graphics could be pushed up higher in 19, but your consoles GPU could not handle it.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:59 pmIn reality that is not right
Welcome to Farming Simulator. I guess your opinion on gold nuggets... :lol:
HC1Gunner wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:02 pm2. Graphics could be pushed up higher in 19, but your consoles GPU could not handle it.
If graphics become any better they'll start shooting the other farmers Fornite style! :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

They could be better, better (newer) game engine could be used like UR latest engine, its open source, and the cost to dev's is not that bad. DX 12 could be used, there are areas that it handles a lot more efficiently, and take less work for the GPU to achieve the same goal. I suspect its not being used, because Giant's date engine has no support for it. There are other sims out there using it, and they are gorgeous.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/what ... l-engine-4
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
markare

Post by markare »

Giants engine has no cost to them, they enhance it every edition of the game. Look at old videos and screenshot of every edition of the game up until now you will see massive differences.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Geneborg

Post by Geneborg »

We should all differenciate a bit more when talking about grafics. I guess nobody here has anything against the illumination/hdr/shader/ssao (insert feature here) improvements in FS19, right? That looks good. Also, the PBR changes for the materials on vehicles/machines, thats up to date and looks really good, too.

I guess what is most noticable is the low world geometry combined with the rather sparse vegetation density. I remember noticing this already back in FS15 when the vehicles made a big jump up in quality, but the world didn't. Now, 4 years later, it hasn't changed much, we got more light sources (nice feature), but the geometry looks pretty much the same.

Improving the world significantly would entail quite a jump in hardware ressources. Let's face it, good vegetation has been a difficult beast to tackle for many games, and in a game like FS, where it has to be manipulated, having different states, being active on the whole map all the time, thats tough to do on an average machine.

Yes, consoles may just be a midrange PC, but never forget how many here play on Laptops, which even in their highest configs usually don't surpass a midrange PC, even with dedicated GPU modules. So lets not hate on consoles for not pushing the boundaries, lets accept them as a broadly availabe machine to play FS on, and in the end, the more money Giants makes, the more ressources they can put back into the game to improve on it.

P.s. doesn't mean we can't talk about things we don't like, i'm doing that myself
LS nur mit Mods
Qualität statt Quantität
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Well put, geneborg. You are absolutely right, I do however agree that the lower end limitations shouldn’t stop the higher end possibilities. Options to turn down the gfx is better than not having them IF your rig can handle them. With that view, I think it is time Giants improve on these aspects as well, rather than leaning on the limitations as an excuse.

That said, I do feel there is a definitive improvement in FS19 in general by the looks of it
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Is that a compass heading I see in the mini-map, in front of the X/Y position? *thumbsup*

Though... comparing the center/controlled vehicle's arrow icon, then it seems like North-South/West-East on that map is not straight up-down/left-right. - Hmmm? :hmm: Hoping that is going to be per map moddable.
And the mini-map texture looks to me more detailed than in FS17. Perhaps the bitmap has been doubled in width and height?
EpicZLord

Post by EpicZLord »

why there is massey ferguson logo on fendt 9t. and i heared there is no massey ferguson on FS 19.
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

EpicZLord wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 pm Image
why there is massey ferguson logo on fendt 9t. and i heared there is no massey ferguson on FS 19.
MF was one of the first brands to be confirmed for FS19. Not sure where you got that info, but I would highly suggest never listening to anything they say ever again.
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

HC1Gunner wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:25 am
bigcrazewolf wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:41 pm Is there still a reputation scale with the AI Farmers? I love getting those field prices down :-)
I don't think we are buying single fields anymore, I thought we were just going to be to buy parcels of unused land, and develop as we see fit.
So, we will not be able to reduce parcel prices then. I like the idea of parcels, but a bit less now.
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

W1der wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:06 pm Taking on a contract and having a helper do all of it makes absolutely no sense what so ever ... unless helpers in FS19 still needs a "baby sitter" ... :lol:
I'm guessing the AI improvements are not what we would consider substantial. So, babysitting will still be required. I do like the idea of dev blogs, but would love more answers to the community's questions. At ~3 months to release some things can be answered with certainty.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I assume there is a separate dev-blog on its way with regard to AI helpers.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:42 pm I assume there is a separate dev-blog on its way with regard to AI helpers.
Not enough changes here. It's not a new system, it's the well known FS17 system a bit smarter, so there will most likely not be a Dev-Blog about that.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon