[Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Gimli54

Re: [Dev-Blog] New Mission System

Post by Gimli54 »

I’m honestly ok with what they’ve been doing for the most part (I’ll mention the part I was a little unhappy about later but not much) for fs 17 I never got on the forums and I don’t have social media so all the news I got was YouTube particularly BradM73 and what came from there but with 19 I have been watching the forums and I think they’re doing a good job of getting us things when they’re ready I was a little disgruntled that farmcon was almost entirely info from you tubers and stuff they heard from giants the only bright side was the yesmods article which lis confirmed was accurate but for the most part I like what giants has done info wise for 19
Wisfarmer17

Post by Wisfarmer17 »

I agree they are doing a good job. They could just not tell us anything and release the game as a complete suprise. If they tell us stuff to early and then something changes then everyone will call them liars, so i will just take the info from anyplace i can get it and get more excited for the game as i cant wait because i will be off that entire week for thanksgiving.
PS4. MIDWEST USA.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

By this stage in the game, most things are set in cement concept wise, remember only (3) months to release, only last minute changes are tweaks and bug fixes, not coming up with new ideas or concepts. My point really is... stuff keeps getting leaked from sources linked to, or working with Giant. I'd rather just get the info straight from the horse's mouth, that would stop most of the conjecture and rumor mill crud. Stuff always gets leaked, so Giant might just as well have the first word, and flat out tell fans.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Tacosrkool027 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:12 am Love the UI can’t wait to see some gameplay
tacos rule!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

HC1Gunner wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:54 am By this stage in the game, most things are set in cement concept wise, remember only (3) months to release, only last minute changes are tweaks and bug fixes, not coming up with new ideas or concepts. My point really is... stuff keeps getting leaked from sources linked to, or working with Giant. I'd rather just get the info straight from the horse's mouth, that would stop most of the conjecture and rumor mill crud. Stuff always gets leaked, so Giant might just as well have the first word, and flat out tell fans.
Exactly, but if the gaming company says a site is 100% legit, then you know what's new ECT ECT, but your right, straight out of the horses mouth, good as it gets.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 amLisertan is one man trying to manage here, twitter, facebook, discord and the 1000's of emails they get too.
You are always missing the punch line Guil.
And that (in your quote) is the punch line.
Did I say anything about Lisertan? No. Why? Becuase this problem is not related with him. This is an administrative problem.
Lisertan is doing his best and he is doing it perfectly. But as you said he is just one man and he can do so much.
The real thing is if I'm picking up much more information from unofficial sites/sources rather than this official forum then there is clearly a problem that needs solving.
Whether you like it or not or try to just accuse me of anything you can find, it doesn't matter.
I won't stop saying this untill someone hears it.

I can't even belive we are talking about this. There is an official and quite active forum belongs to a game developer and all the news/informations are just popping up all over the internet rather than here and we are still talking if this is a proplem or not. Of course that is a problem.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Really? Brilliant approach.
So tell me please, why is there an official forum?
For some gamers who want to learn legit info just to chat with each other and manage nothing?
Please get a grip on the actual point before commenting. Otherwise it is just opposing without a point.
PS5 / FS22
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

I thought, rightly so, the forum is and was about the community, the players, the hardcore (nearly did write whingers there, true). Majority of players though will look for news on social media. Not that I use it myself, but as Guil wrote it'll be linked to fairly quickly here anyway.

Now, what was said about horses that I don't know yet? I went to Computer Bild but didn't find anything horses related on their article (unless they edited out).
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I don't really see the point in knowing absolutely everything about a game months in advance of its release. It's good to have plenty to discover when you actually play the game isn't it?
There's been a fairly consistent stream of info being released lately so I really don't get what people are complaining about. Any updates on Twitter etc are usually on the FS17 website at the same time where there are links to all the FS social media streams.
The little I know about FS19 has convinced me to buy the game regardless if any further details are released or not now, just need to be patient and it'll be here before we know it. Plenty of time left for playing FS17 too :gamer:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Do you really want a new official thread every time a picture is released? There's plenty of sources out there if you want. A single sentence that was leaked with a picture is not deserving of a news item. If it was some would be bored of FS19 before it was even released.

There's plenty of sources if you want to keep completely up to date. Silver News has videos most days covering any new details, GIANTS own Discord (which you are free to join and just lurk if you want, or interact with GIANTS themselves, which is pretty rare for a game studio), the new threads in this announcement section for any major news, the yesmods FS19 page is getting updated and over at FS-UK we are compiling all the official news, and the snippets and leaks are covered in the single FS19 discussion thread.

One of the problems here in GIANTS' forums is that there are loads of threads discussing FS19. In the General Discussion section there are currently 18 (eighteen!) threads about FS19 just on the first page! Lisertan can't be expected to reply to every post in each of those threads.

Even in this announcements section most threads turn into an absolute mess where all sorts of things are asked or questioned, often completely unrelated to the thread topic. The last thing we need is more news when there is no real news.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

The problem with a lot of forum users is they respond without reading all the related posts on a specific discussion and then the discussion just doesn't end up anywhere usefull. I have nothing to say to "just opposing" types. Have it your way.
PS5 / FS22
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

wildberry wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:54 am ...
Now, what was said about horses that I don't know yet? I went to Computer Bild but didn't find anything horses related on their article (unless they edited out).
Scroll down "LS19: Mehr Fruchtsorten und Tiere" -> You can have 16 horses. You have to buy them (no reproduction). You have to train them 10 minutes each day / to ride them, to feed them. If you care good about them they become 5 star horses. For this you get money (really don't know who pay you, only because you have a good horse). 8 colours. Only You can ride them (no AI).
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

It's nice to have Giants posting information on a lot of different platforms, but this is THEIR forum. If their is info to be found anywhere, it should here as well. There's a reason this forum exists. Yes, it allows people to discuss topics...but in the end it promotes the game.

Granted, some news does leak out and Giants can't control all situations. However, why is there always this sentiment that suggests "those poor helpless souls at Giants"? Yes, Lis does what he can, when he can...and has been doing a good job considering. But am I missing something here? I dont know how it goes for anyone else but no one shows up at my job and mourns over my workload. If a project goes south, customers don't show up and give us a pat on the back and say "keep trying guys!".

Given past history, the amount of information released is on par with previous releases...especially given the delay. IMO, the info so far has been good and the game looks promising.

No, Giants doesn't HAVE to give us anything...and yes, the game is still months away. But, no one has to buy the game either and if the information isn't relevant right now, why is it available for preorder?

An element of patience is required...but don't suggest that customers aren't entitled. That is something often forgotten in all of this...people who have a choice to make a purchase at their leisure. This isnt exactly a breadline in communist Russia. Don't take for granted that a customer base will always be there. Don't think so? Ask Kathleen Kennedy how that is working out for her.
druptown

Post by druptown »

I could be wrong, but on the last 2 pages I haven't read anything anymore about "[Dev-Blog] New Mission System". So can everyone involved please stop the nonsense and get back on topic. If you want to have an argument about something like this, open a topic in the General Discussion area and stop annoying people that are interested in the info about FS19 only.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

^^^ Yes that would be nice^^^. To find info on the Dev-Blog I have to go threw 8 pages of nonsense just to find the info. Can't the Dev-Blogs be locked like the Daily Updates - Mods currently in testing [Console/PC] so nobody can comment. It would make things a lot easier to find :biggrin2: *thumbsup*