First edition Xbone

Bungle

First edition Xbone

Post by Bungle »

Hi all.

I have a first release Xbox One. Will it be man enough to run FS19? What benefits will I get from an Xbox One? Will it be worlds apart? Don’t play a lot so seems a big outlay..... but if I “need” to I can justify it as it’s my only guilty pleasure my familam aren’t involved with..... not into haircuts, nails, pedicures, Spa days...... all of which appear to be a monthly requirement.

Cheers ears
J
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
TallPaul003

Re: First edition Xbone

Post by TallPaul003 »

Of course you'll be able to play it- it's being released for Xbox One !
FS17 on XBone
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

But the Xbox X is a more powerful machine..... would the game run smoother? Or am I being a dick..... looking for a reason to buy a new console..... I think it’s justification I’m looking for.
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Oh, in that case YES you'll need a brand new xbox (and bigger tv!!!)

AFAIK consoles are consoles- you get one version. Tis only PC's that would allow you to upgrade internals and adjust settings for the game based on your PC spec. If Giants brought out an xbox x only version, it could harness the extra capability of the X version but it's not, it's released for xbox one and has to be limited to the power of the one.

So on that basis, you have the justification to buy a powerful gaming pc- and then your limitations are endless (and you get the best mods) !
FS17 on XBone
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

the only input i can make is i have an x and my partner has a one, the difference when watching on her HD as opposed to my 4kUHD 50" is staggering especially when i wached the European map on a 4K 50" not sure if it was 4k video but the differnce was amazing, hope this helps
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Thank you already got a 55” 4K tv...... we have an iMac but it’s a NFZ :-(
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Farmer Foley wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:09 pm the only input i can make is i have an x and my partner has a one, the difference when watching on her HD as opposed to my 4kUHD 50" is staggering especially when i wached the European map on a 4K 50" not sure if it was 4k video but the differnce was amazing, hope this helps
that's interesting Foley, never thought of that.

Just to clarify (before I go out and buy an X too!)- Wasn't sure what you meant when you watched hers on HD but yours on 4kUHD- is that spec down to the console or the TV?
FS17 on XBone
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

oh..sorry..what i meant was unless you have a 4k UHD TV there is no point getting an X all the difference is bigger Hard Drive but an external is cheaper, and if you have games that give you 4k then its worth it as the x main point is it can handle 4k and will be upgradable in time as according to Microsoft the last console they will make,but i have to say even normal games look better on the x..if you can afford it and the TV go for it.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Makes perfect sense, thanks buddy. I've got the XBone (w/ 1Tb external) connected to my 4kUHD so get a bit in the middle I guess (but then I sit 6ft away and my eyes are getting old so doubt I'd notice a difference anyway!)
FS17 on XBone
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Sorry, but there is a big difference between the One and the One X. The X use the enhanced version of FS17 with better resolution, more details, larger distance view, much faster load time and so on with the possibilty of 4KUHD. Only thing to miss is HDR. And yes, I have the One X at 4KUHD and the normal One at FullHD. There are many games outside, with a different between normal One and special for the X: They are called "Enhanced". FS17 is one of them.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-o ... M_OoCPsiop
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Wow, I stand corrected ! I've learnt something new today- notice only F17 platinum on the list so does that mean standard FS17 isn't enhanced?
FS17 on XBone
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

The Standard Edition is enhanced, too: (see Capabilities) https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-o ... M_OoCPsiop
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's not my money or time, but if I was going to spend that kind of money, I would absolutely buy a gaming PC. The only reason I'm on Xbox now is because I got a deal in one and the wife took my laptop. It was a low end integrated graphics thing and ran FS15 just fine.

Just my 2 cents.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

ltl.vamp wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:56 pm The Standard Edition is enhanced, too: (see Capabilities) https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-o ... M_OoCPsiop
I didn't get as far as the list, my apologies. I clicked on the enhanced game list and it only has the platinum edition showing.
FS17 on XBone
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Ah..thats why it looks better on the X
I learnt something too..