New Lizard Farmhand pickups

GtX

Re: New Lizard Farmhand pickups

Post by GtX »

Inkslinger98 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:16 pm
kinzie.02 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:43 pm I can’t wait!! I hope they will be available for console as well!:)
That's what I'm shooting for. I already made an edit of the TT pickup but then discovered Giant's don't allow edits of their models on console so I made my own complete truck. now if I could just solve a few technical issues with Giant's editor and the xml.
^^ Giants have never said they will not accept edits of their own models on console. However they will not accept minimal edits that do not include substantial improvements and function change. e.g You can not just add a sticker to a tractor and call it a mod and if it is a FS/LS 15 Giants model then it needs to be brought up to FS/LS 17 standard or close to it. ;-)

Inkslinger98 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 pm trying to get the tension belts to work independently for each bed has been a real challenge no matter what method I use. trying now to get a hooklift style attachment to work without the animation of course.

suppose I could just make a pack with 3 different trucks but I really want it all to work together with 1 truck frame.
I am confused how this is an issue??
Are you applying the tension belts to the pickup truck or to swap body?
You need to add the belts interdependently to each body, not to the truck itself ;-)
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

yeah Giant's has never said anything official but that's been the growing consensuses as far as I have seen with the modding community. even on PC most Giant's edits never make it out of the beta section. originally all I wanted was a usable farm truck. it has become a real project. but I'm almost done with her and I learned Blender in the process. heck the modeling part is the easy stuff for me. I can 3d model anything in a few hours. getting it to work in the game is a challenge.
GtX

Post by GtX »

Inkslinger98 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:35 am yeah Giant's has never said anything official but that's been the growing consensuses as far as I have seen with the modding community. even on PC most Giant's edits never make it out of the beta section. originally all I wanted was a usable farm truck. it has become a real project. but I'm almost done with her and I learned Blender in the process. heck the modeling part is the easy stuff for me. I can 3d model anything in a few hours. getting it to work in the game is a challenge.
Giants have officially said something in other posts. Unfortunately some people get misguided by someone who heard it from someone else, as with most things on the internet it then becomes gospel. It has been this way since I started to do modding in FS13.

Giants are very easy to deal with and are happy to work with people and answer questions. That is if the question is polite of course.
Some people can't do this and when they are asked to change and fix things they just lose it and blame everyone but them.
They then call Giants every bad word under the sun and say the testers have no idea and it is over the top and just post it some place else. I have seen this so many times with updated mods also.

Just because Giants missed one file (They are Humans) last time does not mean it should be allowed when updating. Rules also change and improve for the better so this can effect what needs to change. There are some bad mods out there. Like 4x maps that are 1.2 - 1.7 GB and almost every vehicles mods that are 1,000,000 poly and 60 - 120 mb download. This is bad modding and the reason Giants will not accept them.
Saying it is high detail is a poor excuse also as you can get quality with small files if it is done correctly.

Personally unless it is a small script mod or something I have done as a favour, I only release on modHub as it is the best place in my opinion and I wish it was the only place as it would also solve theft issues.

In regards to Beta mods. There are a few reasons that mods will be listed like this.

1. There person submitting the mod has not published a minimum of three error free BETA mods in high quality into the Non-BETA section of the ModHub.

2. The model has a poly count exceeding the following.
o 40.000 polys for attachments
o 60.000 polys for trailers
o 100.000 polys for tractors
o 150.000 polys for harvesters

Anyway all that aside as I am getting of topic :gamer: .. How did you go with the belts?

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yes, theft is a huge issue when it comes to modding, ive tweaked/modify vehicles in a PC game i use to play, but i never released them to the public, i gave them to friends i trust, you know i scratch their back they scratch mine.
NelTopFarms23

Post by NelTopFarms23 »

Should they be granted to us console players...i see about 4 or 5 becoming part of my SMCF
Map....thanks guy your really making a pickup worthy of being called a farm truck😎😎
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

the belt problem is still there. having a problem with the hard attach function now. each bed is basically a trailer. which I've almost got solved. Giant's editor is messing with my transform orientation. my attacher joint is very hard to tell where it is. right now it's sideways and in the air on the beds. I wish you could see them in the game like you can collisions.
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

and I've already red all the stuff about releasing mods. this has been hashed out 1000 times. they don't allow edits of there stuff on console. I don't know what else to say on that. heck the tt pickup really only needs tweaks to it's center of mass and power but they wont allow that on console either.
GtX

Post by GtX »

Inkslinger98 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:50 pm and I've already red all the stuff about releasing mods. this has been hashed out 1000 times. they don't allow edits of there stuff on console. I don't know what else to say on that. heck the tt pickup really only needs tweaks to it's center of mass and power but they wont allow that on console either.
^^ Correct, as I said earlier the work to the model needs to bring a new function to the vehicle for it to be accepted on Console. "Tweaks" are not modding so why would they accept that.

But saying they will not accept their models to console is just not true sorry. If the model is changed enough and the mod provides a new use and function that cannot be found on the original then it would be accepted. ;-)

Now in regards to the belt problem.
As with my earlier question, are you adding the belts to the swap bodies / trailers and not to the pickup itself??

Not sure what you mean by messing with the orientation, the game will not move anything you set in GE.

You can also render the attacher joint in game using the 'F5' key. They will show on both the vehicles. Keep in mind these are Transform Groups not 3D objects so they are displayed using 'red, green and blue Debug lines'.

If you are having trouble lining them up, why don't you add a 'primitive cube' inside it scaled to 0.05, 0.05, 0.05? Then you can move the TG around and have a visible representation. You could even import the swapbody/trailer into the scene and position its attacher joint in the same way so that the cubes align. Then just copy the x, y, z attributes to the swapbody/trailer i3d of the attacher joint and delete the test version from the pickup i3d and your done.. ;-)

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

oh yeah the belts are 100% part of the beds themselves. I fell quickly in love with the method used for the 5th wheel mod but it uses a hard attach in the xml and that works so good but it seems to make the beds a part of the trucks collision mask and therefor breaks the the tension belts. if I simply delete that line the belts work perfectly I just need to figure out how to make the bed not move around and since I'm new to Giant's engine language it's harder than expected. never had these issues with modding for Arma.
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

the x,y, and z thing in GE don't get me started. I've tried 100 different ways importing stuff into it and it seems to be different every time. even though every one of them is aligned properly it strange. with the one type attacher it's setting fine. Originally I was importing a main collision, scaling it and then frezzing it but that caused them to not show properly when bought at the store cause 0 was too far away from the actual collision. made my own and everything went sideways on me.
Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make the bed set and work like the itrunner without the animation.
if not I can still just upload a pack with 3 trucks as they do all work error free.
GtX

Post by GtX »

Yes you need to be careful 'freezing transformations' in maya, blender and GE. If you are using the feature in GE just reset the 'scale' on collisions and you should be fine.

With the attacher joint it does not matter what you use or if you create a new one. They will all work the same if the settings are not right.
The 'jointType' is mainly used so that other implaments can not attach to it by accident.

To attach the bed to the truck you would not need to use the 'hardAttach' attribute. The best option would be to use 'fixedRotation' on the inputAttacherJoint.

So something like this.
PICKUP TRUCK

Code: Select all

<attacherJoints>
	<attacherJoint index="0>28|0" jointType="semitrailerHook" lowerRotLimit="0 0 0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="false" enableCollision="false">
		<schema position="0.38 0.34" rotation="0" invertX="false"/>
	</attacherJoint>
</attacherJoints>
SWAP BODY

<inputAttacherJoints>
        <inputAttacherJoint index="0>13|0|1" jointType="semitrailerHook" fixedRotation="true"/>
</inputAttacherJoints>
Now as you see I have used the 'semitrailerHook' jointType as I used on the (Complete AR/Frame Pack) > https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017 . The reaon I decided to do this was because there is only one thing that used it and the chance of attaching the lowLoader to the AR is very low ;-)

Now if you want to make your own hitch type so that nothing connects by accident then you can add the following to the modDesc and name it as you like.

<jointTypes>
        <jointType name="myAttacherJoint"/>
</jointTypes>
I hope this helps.

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

Farmmaster23

Post by Farmmaster23 »

Maybe you should just add the 3 truck as a pack one with the dump bed, one with a flat bed, and one with the standard bed, if the trucks work properly and that way you don't have to go through all that trouble.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Farmmaster23 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:10 am Maybe you should just add the 3 truck as a pack one with the dump bed, one with a flat bed, and one with the standard bed, if the trucks work properly and that way you don't have to go through all that trouble.
And the 4th with no bed.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

Thanks GtX that seemed to do the trick. now the flatbed and standard beds both work. now I can get back finishing them up.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

This is good news indeed.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .