Question for map makers and maybe Giants as I dont know

Farmer Foley

Question for map makers and maybe Giants as I dont know

Post by Farmer Foley »

First off..a big thanks to map makers and modders but i have a question.?

im fortunate to have an Xbox one and One X.. when i play on the Xbox one the maps flow perfectly i tried this with Sussex and upper lusatia after the updates, but when i play on the One X 4k Enhanced i still get some stutter even on the updated Upper Lusatia map.just as a thought because i dont really know, is there a big difference when making a map to enhance it to 4K ability. even GCV can stutter a bit..

Any answers might help future maps i Hope.
You keep a Troshin :hi:
cmdrbyron

Re: Question for map makers and maybe Giants as I dont know

Post by cmdrbyron »

The stuttering could be your console struggling to keep up with the rendering requirements at the higher resolution. 4k is a BIG jump in processing requirements, and FS tends to have some very complex scenes. Just as an example, consider that the Game Engine manages the map in 1 m x 1 m sqaures, each of which needs to be rendered according to its specific definition/state (and each can be different from the 8 others surrounding it) in 4k, then consider the large number of discrete objects (trees, placeables, vehicles, static objects, etc...) that need to be rendered in addition to the terrain.

Personally? While I find that many games offering 4k graphics do look spectacular, I believe it is accomplished by drastically reducing the number of dynamic objects in the scene, and employing backdrops in many instances (think of a big picture in the background that shifts to reflect your position/reflection).
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Hi..yes I understand that as its been mentioned before on other threads, i Suppose what im trying to say is as a suggestion to map makers that especially as 19 is coming a thought towards their map being 4k suitable as well might make their life easier if they are able to test it in 4k..its just a suggestion to try to help, im only hoping that the ingame maps for 19 tht are 4k enhanced dont cause problems for consloes.
aklein

Post by aklein »

How does a map like Welker play at 4K?
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Sorry Farmer Klein havent played it but ill test it when im home and report back.. dont get me wrong after the update for Upper Lusatia for example its 100% better and maybe because i was a tester for other games in previous life i notice such things , most of the updated maps are almost stutter free, i have also noticed that animals make a big difference obviuosly..the more you have the bigger the stutter, no animals,,all fine., just my observations
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I have the Xbox one and have noticed a bit of stuttering on Upper Lusatia where there wasn’t any previously if that’s any help.

It’s mainly around the farm and can’t figure out why as there is less there now as previously I had more machinery and animals. The only changes I have noticed are that there is less shrubbery around the farm now.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

snap..it seems when you drive from around the pigs past the silo towards the cows thats where i now see it.. it used to be by placeable one by the shop but i put that down to the trees, now that's fine.. but after a few minutes it stops around the farm or is so amall it makes no difference when the machine copes with the file i assume.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

That’s exactly where I noticed it, on my way round to the vehicle shelter by the silo. Very strange but not too much of an issue I guess
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Yeah and it settles down so all good..I am Loving that map like all the others i have done and a big thanks to all the modders.
@ Farmer Klein. Welker in 4k it stutters a bit by the shop as there isn't much else around but i was driving the case at full chat, again a bit but not much, a few less trees would have helped but its not a major issue a bit of tree thinning might just make it seemless ..just a suggestion but not essential..