Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by Deutz man 555 »

Just as a wee change here...... I don't like cheese. 🤔
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Patrick73 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:18 am
Drmattymd wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:20 am
Patrick73 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:22 pm Rodha you have my sympathy,I downloaded the root crop sale mod and it could’ve easily have done the same. From now on I will have a separate test map much like mr sealyp does. Just to stir the sh#t this mod was given priority over say for instance shamrock valley.
How was it given priority? Shamrock valley came out yesterday too. There is no priority, its first come first serve.
I did say for instance!
No mods get priority, you are just stirring!!!
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Don’t think I worded it properly. What I meant was the crop drier mod was tested on a first come first served basis and correctly so. Shamrock valley for example could be in the testing list but won’t get tested until giants get through all the stuff like the crop drier mod!
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Unfortunately, I agree with Giants' "first in, first out" approach to mod testing. Any other approach just opens the door to random accusations of bias (well, more so than there are already) and further discontent. In my opinion, this is the "safest" approach that keeps the majority satisfied.

Yes, it can be disappointing to see a high-quality mod from a reputable modder held up under this process, but it would be even more disappointing to see some mods never even given the chance, simply because they are created by someone new to the scene, and thus not reviewed/tested because they are considered a "riskier" investment of time/effort.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm Nope. As English is not my native language, may be I used the wrong terminology.
Fair enough. Your English is very good so I wrongly assumed you were an English speaker. :)
Because of work I use English in my daily life more than my native language. Thats probably why you thought like that. But when the subject gets too complicated I simply run out of vocabulary :biggrin2:

Back on the topic.
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:34 pm I apologise to RODHA if I've misunderstood this, but I was under the impression the sell point appeared in his prices menu and all the prices were 0 or blank (blank is fine for the crops it doesn't accept, but zero isn't).
Nope you get it all correct. Please see the screen shot. This Lone Oak.

You see the farmsilo there? And the prices?
Now, it seems this line shows up in mod maps but it doesn't even show up on GCV. This on its own is an issue.
I didn't try to sell crops so I can't comment. But apparently Fade2black prooved it the hard way.
But if I get back to that line again. Farmsilo line on the pricing list. There is no such mod installed in my game atm. I deleted it last night but the line is still there. And it seems to be staying there. So far I didn't get any issues because it is there and as long as this doesn't change I will consider myself lucky.

Btw, I'm done with posting bug reports because if it was a mod bug and if the modder is not following up the topics it is just a waste of time. Sometimes even Giants doesn't respond to game related bug reports.
That's not a mod. That line is on the standard lone oak map. It's the storage bins which you take the grain out of on the other side, so zero money is correct.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

stevoxsi wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Fair enough. Your English is very good so I wrongly assumed you were an English speaker. :)
Because of work I use English in my daily life more than my native language. Thats probably why you thought like that. But when the subject gets too complicated I simply run out of vocabulary :biggrin2:

Back on the topic.
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:34 pm I apologise to RODHA if I've misunderstood this, but I was under the impression the sell point appeared in his prices menu and all the prices were 0 or blank (blank is fine for the crops it doesn't accept, but zero isn't).
Nope you get it all correct. Please see the screen shot. This Lone Oak.

You see the farmsilo there? And the prices?
Now, it seems this line shows up in mod maps but it doesn't even show up on GCV. This on its own is an issue.
I didn't try to sell crops so I can't comment. But apparently Fade2black prooved it the hard way.
But if I get back to that line again. Farmsilo line on the pricing list. There is no such mod installed in my game atm. I deleted it last night but the line is still there. And it seems to be staying there. So far I didn't get any issues because it is there and as long as this doesn't change I will consider myself lucky.

Btw, I'm done with posting bug reports because if it was a mod bug and if the modder is not following up the topics it is just a waste of time. Sometimes even Giants doesn't respond to game related bug reports.
That's not a mod. That line is on the standard lone oak map. It's the storage bins which you take the grain out of on the other side, so zero money is correct.
Ok, now I'm quite angry with myself and laughing to my face at the same time :biggrin2:
Are you serious? I mean, haven't really noticed that before.
May be I'm a victim of selective perception but that doesn't change the two facts that the sell point doesn't show up on the map and on the prices page.
But admittedly, this also means it didn't mess up with my save.
And in this case I've to apologize for that part.
PS5 / FS22
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I don't have the dryer mod, nor will I thanks to what I've heard about it, but yeah, the farm silo is on mine.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I don't have the dryer mod, nor will I thanks to what I've heard about it, but yeah, the farm silo is on mine.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

stevoxsi wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 pm That's not a mod. That line is on the standard lone oak map. It's the storage bins which you take the grain out of on the other side, so zero money is correct.
Hmm, it's not on the PC version of Lone Oak, but nor is MC Rootcrops Sale or Mill. Perhaps it's something BulletBill had to change for console. He did use this method for the PC version (and presumably the console version too) of The West Coast though; a silo which showed £0 for everything but was used for storage rather than selling.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 pm Unfortunately, I agree with Giants' "first in, first out" approach to mod testing. Any other approach just opens the door to random accusations of bias (well, more so than there are already) and further discontent. In my opinion, this is the "safest" approach that keeps the majority satisfied.

Yes, it can be disappointing to see a high-quality mod from a reputable modder held up under this process, but it would be even more disappointing to see some mods never even given the chance, simply because they are created by someone new to the scene, and thus not reviewed/tested because they are considered a "riskier" investment of time/effort.
Agree 100%. Maybe for FS19 have a space to fast track some of the (how shall I put it) bigger modders Bullet Bill,blacksheep....etc. Or even have separate list category’s like maps,implements and placeables?? Not having a go at giants either,it’s a fantastic game and I play nothing else
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:18 pm Hmm, it's not on the PC version of Lone Oak, but nor is MC Rootcrops Sale or Mill.
MC Root Crops and Mill are my doing. They were the only 2 placeable sell points for grain and root crops on consoles before the dryer. I use both in every map. More sell points is always good. But I don't know if the farmsilo line is connected with them. I really don't remember farmsilo line being there at the start.
PS5 / FS22
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Rodha, I can confirm the Farm Silo line on my Lone Oak save as well. And I dont have any salepoint mods.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ thanks for the info. so, this line is a console thing. cause it is not in the pc version.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

[PC|PS4|XB1] Seasons GEO: Romania
[PC|PS4|XB1] Seasons GEO: Romania 3-Day

Does anybody know the difference? :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

RODHA wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:43 pm [PC|PS4|XB1] Seasons GEO: Romania
[PC|PS4|XB1] Seasons GEO: Romania 3-Day

Does anybody know the difference? :confusednew:
Must be a different cycle for 3 day seasons mode, and required a separate mod.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage