[FS19]Fact Sheet Friday

Beastbubba

Re: [FS19]Fact Sheet Friday

Post by Beastbubba »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm it's not easier if you don't cheat and play on hard. takes forever to get 80,000. just try playing the base game like GCV with starting equipment on hard with seasons, it will take you a week of playing to make 80,000. unless you play 20hours a day might take you 3 days to make 80,000
if you only grow crops, maybe... it really isen't that hard. That is how I play, and I would even remove money from my account to "purchase" woodlands. Clear the land, sell the lumbar, and turn it into a new field. If you properly manage your time and assets you can make millions. Solo, no hired hands, with seasons on hard. And the only time wheat/barley are worth planting is when you want the straw, they don't make enough to deal with otherwise... Soybeans, Canola, and Corn were the money makers for solo play. Potatos and Beets are great income, but to much work to deal with on solo for me... Cain't wait for cotton, that will be a great solo player crop!
PC gamer.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Remember the in-game currency is basically fictional. There's no tax system (it's probably already applied) and there's no currency conversion either, so Pound, Euro and Dollar doesn't change anything in-game. A Quadtrac 620 in FS17 costs £495,500, €495,500 or $495,500.

It's more about striking a balance in-game. Things like missions tend to have large rewards, crops generally sell for more than reality and there's very little in the way of management costs (in terms of ground treatment, fence/hedge/tree maintenance and so on).

If you want to play on hard (in FS17) then you know the pitfalls. You've every option to just not play on hard.

We don't yet know if the new starting modes (New Farmer, Farm Manager and Start From Scratch) will affect difficulty in terms of grain prices and things in FS19.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

If you want to play on hard (in FS17) then you know the pitfalls. You've every option to just not play on hard.
Understated comment right here - this is a game, for which a company is trying to appeal to a wide audience base. Could there be increased granularity and scope to the current difficulty mechanisms? Sure. But at what point do you diverge so much between different audiences that your efforts are best spent on two different products? I don't know *shrugs*

Personally? While not the most realistic nor demanding game out there, I am quite content with the current spectrum of difficulty, and would like to believe that most others are as well, else Giants would have changed it. Let's face it, none of us know the "full picture" when it comes to user-base and breakdown of "needs/wants" of the community writ-large to the extent that they do (though many endeavour to attempt to! :P)

I also believe that the platform/game engine are sufficiently "open" and "flexible" that there are a myriad of other ways to increase the difficulty/challenge. No one is stopping anyone from self-imposing additional limits/constraints, and I would much rather Giants focus on content for all, rather than investing significantly more effort in adjusting the difficulty for some.

P.S. I tend to play on normal w/o seasons, but have played both easy and hard difficulties as well, with and without seasons and all sorts of other tweaks available - like having your helpers "buy" seed/fuel/ferilizer, to "better represent the costs", Auto-Engine Start off, etc... (a.k.a. increase the difficulty)

TL;DR - Consider the wider-audience, and accept that not everyone else necessarily needs/wants to play the way you yourself may :)
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

who said anything about what everyone else accepts. never pushed anything on anybody else on how they play, and if you read my comment again Beastbubba I said "don't cheat" and "try playing the base game like GCV with ---->starting equipment on hard with seasons" that mean don't sell stuff to buy stuff and take money out to buy stuff. I know everybody plays different, that wasn't my point. you could add money boxes and make millions in 30 mins. To me that is not playing the game, but hey like I said everyone plays different as long as your having fun doing it. ................just shakes his head............ and for everyone when I start a new game I sell everything and only have the Farming Classics to start and any extra money I have I do the lease thing then return until I get down to around $5,000 that is how I play all of my games. after playing for awhile I'll be in the $ -neg. until I can get enough crops in and sell when they are high. not everyone will like playing like that but to me it's a big challenge to start that way.. I love it.. then when I get enough money i'll buy 2 cows to start. so I can start making money to offset the costs of the farming classics that I run.. then when I start making money after paying running costs, Etc... i'll start to upgrade to bigger equipment. maybe 1 new tractor and a couple more cows..
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Do you think mp will have different positions like we’ve seen with some mods in fs17? Like there is a farm owner or co-owners, a farm manager or 2, and the rest are hired hands where you get paid by the hour you work on that server, straight from that farms account, and it will go into your balance each time you go into that server. Say if you helped out with a tough job, the farm owner/co-owner could give you a bonus or a raise depending on the kind of worker they are and how long they’ll be in the server. This would be really neat to see with dedicated servers, since workers could build their own houses once they have enough money or start their own little farm.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I'm a fan of big equipment, and I think a lot of it was lacking in the base game of FS17. From what I've seen even so far, I'm very happy seeing what is going to be available.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

@lefe1, i agree, everyone plays the game differently, some like it like its a walk in the park, others like it where they hit a big rough patch and 4x4 wont work<--- That was pretty good... Anyways i dont believe in that money cheat box, i have no use for it, i work for my money, sometimes it works out, other times its a complete train wreck, i like to challenge myself and to set goals. So all in all i agree with you lefe1.

@wiseguy49, im in the same boat as you are, bigger the better, yes it was lacking in the base game, but theres ways around that too, but yeah, i can't wait to mess around with all this big equipment, gonna be awesome.
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

OK, big endgame equipment... Now some smaller equipment.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

GrimGandalf wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:13 pm
RODHA wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:09 pm The working width of the HARDI Rubicon 9000...
And the speed it works at! Destroys every sprayer in 17(at least on console).
Hadn't noticed that. It seems 9000 L tank won't take too long to deplete :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:16 pm Beastbubba I said "don't cheat" and "try playing the base game like GCV with ---->starting equipment on hard with seasons" that mean don't sell stuff to buy stuff and take money out to buy stuff.
I did read it, i dident say anything about cheating. The only thing I said was i will remove money from my account to "purchase" land on a map I want that is free... which in fs17 was anything that isent a field :/.

I play on hard with seasons, when i start a map i get rid of all the base equipment and fields. Then I usually drop my account down to 100k and start from there. I enjoy the challange of building a big farm from scratch too. I was just sayin it really isent that difficult to earn the money to buy the big equipment. Just takes proper time and assest managment. Top 3 things I'm looking forward to in 19 are the new hard mode, cotten, and JD. Also very excited about the new animal placement system!

Nov 20th needs to hurry up!!!!
PC gamer.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

It’s only a little more than 2 months away. That time will be by quicker the more fact sheets and news we get...I’ve still got a couple of maps that I’m wanting to finish. Thankfully we’re on the homestretch!
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Beastbubba wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am
Nov 20th needs to hurry up!!!!
Yep. can't wait. It's going to be Awesome! :biggrin2:
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Since I’m on console and have no other way to get money in I use the cheat boxes to get the money I need to start I usually start with 6m wide equipment and work my way up starting with only $100000 on normal seasons I don’t try and make it a grueling grind as I just play fs to relax and unwind and that way works perfectly for me I would try the farming classic lefe but it drives me nuts using that small of equipment sounds like an interesting way to play though
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Yep it is Gimli54, I love using old and smaller tractors and smaller maps too, like The Old Stream Farm, Upper Lusatia, Woodshire, Altenstein..
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

With the long wait to get John Deere licensed into the game, I was hoping to see the JD 1890 series Air-Hoe Drill - C850 Air Cart, instead of the Seed Hawk brought Fwd from FS17, bummer.

https://www.deere.com/en/seeding-equipm ... air-drill/

https://www.deere.com/en/our-company/ne ... rcart.html

This would also be a nice addition...

https://www.deere.com/en/application-eq ... pplicator/
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier