Farming Classics

MF10

Re: Farming Classics

Post by MF10 »

And the Fahr APN should have a hitch between the rear twine bins. I never understood why Giants never disigned the bale loader as a direct self unloading wagon. But I found a couple photos without links that show the hitch. It extends out about 2 foot from the bottom of the baler. A simple pin hitch for a wagon like the Krone Emsland (Lizard 6000/8000 tipper and bale wagon pack on console) but that wagon would require a helper. So the small cage wagon idea is probably best
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

MF10 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:17 am ... And I have mentioned this about the fahr sickle bar having it's own spliced PTO.
What are you referring to here? "spliced PTO"

That towed trailer is very cool! I am always impressed with the ingenuity and practical engineering of farmers.

I have tried for months to get the baleloader to work in-game (without scripts). I have tried four radically different designs. Unfortunately, none of them work well enough to submit to the ModHub. I have thought about a towed trailer, but I will give it another look.
Fred53-ITA

Post by Fred53-ITA »

Dogface wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:11 pm
I have tried for months to get the baleloader to work in-game (without scripts). I have tried four radically different designs. Unfortunately, none of them work well enough to submit to the ModHub. I have thought about a towed trailer, but I will give it another look.
Where's the problem with the bale loader?
It needs external scripts for loading the bales or the unloading part?
Did you use the scripts used by the Ursus bale loaders?
And speaking of bales, when you fasten the belts on the bales they go under them, can it be fixed?
Probably playing FS17 on De Terra Italica or Estancia Lapacho, with a MF 600 by BlackSheep-Modding or one of the tractors from the Farming Classics' pack by Dogface.
Or maybe i'm playing FS19 on Campaign of France or ItalianRiceXL with a FIAT 1300 and a Fiatagri 180-90 by Peppe978.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Fred53-ITA wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm And speaking of bales, when you fasten the belts on the bales they go under them, can it be fixed?
I was able to replicate this. I will look into it. Thank you.

UPDATE: this has been solved and the fix will be in the next patch.
Last edited by Dogface on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

That towed trailer is nothing fancy. Every pressed baler had the adjustable bale conveyer in the back. The key was just a caged trailer that allowed the bales to fall naturally in the wagon. If needed. A farm hand was in the wagon with a bale hook to rearrange the bales to the rear of the wagon. Most times the farmer could do all the work solo in an entire day with this set up.

As for the spliced PTO. The Fahr sickle bar mower was designed with its own extension on the PTO. And a draw bar being standard equipment. This allowed you to hitch either the flywheel chopper or APN to the mower. And run both 20-25 horse implements from a 45-50 horse tractor. And mow, chop, or mow and bale silage or straw bales in one day also.

If you just back the sickle bar up to the baler you will see how the 3 hole hitch fits perfectly. And the PTO would hook directly together.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

And the wagon wouldn't need a script. Cause auto offloading is not needed with the conveyor on console doing that work. Cause I use that with a tipper. Then use the conveyer with a feed wagon to crush up 40 bales at a time . Then put them in a silo or hay loft. Then just withdraw X about of hay. Feed it into the APN being stationary and load up the bales to sell. Found this set up allows me to produce almost infinite small bales and store +sell them later.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

And I can store and off load a wagon at 1 game hour with the X5 clock speed. But 40 bales to load in a tipper can take 2-4 game hours. So the set up used in real life would allow for the loading process to become almost 4-6 times faster.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

It is funny cause I grew up around farms. And want to buy an abandoned farm to rebuild back up. Plus I would love to have an APN shipped from Europe as my everyday baler. Simply cause the baler was set to produce 150 bales on one spool of twin. And could bale at speeds up to 8 mph with zero issue. So that shows the superiority of German technology.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

MF10 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:53 pm And the wagon wouldn't need a script. Cause auto offloading is not needed with the conveyor on console doing that work. Cause I use that with a tipper. Then use the conveyer with a feed wagon to crush up 40 bales at a time . Then put them in a silo or hay loft. Then just withdraw X about of hay. Feed it into the APN being stationary and load up the bales to sell. Found this set up allows me to produce almost infinite small bales and store +sell them later.
So you make bales
Crush bales back into hay/straw
Store hay/straw
Turn it back into bales?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
MF10

Post by MF10 »

That is the idea of the hay loft placeable. Take you bales and store them for later use/sale and keep the map free of frame rate lag. Found it has helped with Lone Oak Farm a ton. I thresh up 40 bales. Off load into the hay loft. The draw them out later for selling. Like in real life. You would store bales in a loft and sell or use as needed. Since the 200 bale limit is there. As soon as I get to that limit on a big field. I load them up. And shred them. And into the loft they go. Then when winter comes. I have a 250,000 hay/straw bale bank ready for my cows and to sell when hay prices rise for farmers who have a shortage and need bales quick. Then whatever excess I might have come near early to mid spring. I draw out half usually for manure (silage to slurry) usage like farmers do with old hay bales and old straw bales.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

Again I was raised around farms and live on farm country. So I basically imitate what I was taught. I also make compost now from grass clippings and leaves. So I make green manure almost all year long.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

MF10 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:00 am Again I was raised around farms and live on farm country. So I basically imitate what I was taught. I also make compost now from grass clippings and leaves. So I make green manure almost all year long.
How do you load the APN when its stationary?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

^^^^Can we ban him for saying that.....that's uncalled for^^^^
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks for reporting it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sorry forgot to unlock the thread.