Tree Cutting

OrcaAmity

Tree Cutting

Post by OrcaAmity »

In FS 15, what is the point in the Scorpion King when it doesn't support any trees that I want to cut down? I can't do them with a chainsaw because then I'd have nothing to strip the branches off with and cutting them off and placing them in the wood chipper would be far too tedious and it will take way too long cutting them off and picking them up.
cmdrbyron

Re: Tree Cutting

Post by cmdrbyron »

The Scorpion King isn't intended to cut down any and all trees... It is designed to process long, straight trees with small branches.

Sounds like you are trying to cut down the willow and/or oak trees. You don't have to turn them into woodchips - using the chainsaw, just cut down the tree and trim it into smaller, straight(ish) pieces, which you can then sell at the sawmill.

TL;DR - Not designed to cut down those types of trees, so why would you expect it to in-game?
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

cmdrbyron wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 pm The Scorpion King isn't intended to cut down any and all trees... It is designed to process long, straight trees with small branches.

Sounds like you are trying to cut down the willow and/or oak trees. You don't have to turn them into woodchips - using the chainsaw, just cut down the tree and trim it into smaller, straight(ish) pieces, which you can then sell at the sawmill.

TL;DR - Not designed to cut down those types of trees, so why would you expect it to in-game?
In FS 17 it lets me using the Scorpion King to cut down any tree and cut it to the sized logs I want while stripping the branches. In FS 15 I'm trying to do the same and every tree is unsuitable for cutting. Why can we do this in FS 17 and not FS 15? This is the only way to cut trees down faster for making wood chips or for selling logs.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

I'm still on FS15, and regularly chop trees to top up cash

Scorpion King will only do fir trees. There is another long, straight tree you can buy, can't remember which, but it won't do those.

Toying with moving to FS17 (or even FS19 soon, although I'll need a PS upgrade first) so would be chuffed if the SK can do other tree types

Only problem with doing lots of logging all at once is, when you pile them all up, you get terrible graphics lag, even though there was an update ages ago which was supposed to fix this.
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

BigC92 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 am Fs15? Whats that? Lmao!
Indeed! :)

Problem is, I'm still using a PS3 ("What's that?" ;) )

To move forward I need to either invest in a PS4 (and if I do, you can guarantee the PS5 will suddenly be released) or a gaming PC

Then I need to decide whether to move to FS17 and keep the joys of FS19 on hold for six months to a year, or jump straight into FS19 and miss FS17 entirely

Decisions, decisions :hmm:
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Guil

Post by Guil »

I've locked this before it gets out of hand. There's nothing wrong with the Scorpion king, it can't cut the white or twisty trees.