Manfi

Re: [Dev Blog] New Crops & Weed Control

Post by Manfi »

@Lisertan
What's wrong with that mountains ?

cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Probably a compromise made on rendering in order to improve overall performance?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Or may be it has got something to do with being the development version of the game.
PS5 / FS22
JoaoRabit

Post by JoaoRabit »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:21 pm Probably a compromise made on rendering in order to improve overall performance?
My thoughts too.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Those are most likely the graphics "outside" the map, just there to give a background...
PC gamer.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm There was something wrong with the way the sugarbeet harvester turns around? Which one? Both seem to turn around just fine for me, with and without workers....
Yeah, the do the twist kinda thing. Its hard to explain what it does. It dances if that makes sense.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It articulates from the neck along with using all wheel (3-axle) steering.
Turning circle kinda decreases to a tractor level but it is really hard to control over crop, especially with crop destruction on.
PS5 / FS22
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 am Can confirm. All placeable :)
Thought so, thanks for confirming :)
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Prstorez

Post by Prstorez »

What about interior light?
ReubyJuice

Post by ReubyJuice »

Prstorez wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:07 am What about interior light?
If you mean lighting inside the tractors, they mentioned that would be in 19 during FarmCon, I believe.
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice
kiki443

Post by kiki443 »

I like new improvements over FS17 the horses, new crops, however the icons for gras/Hay/Straw are a bit confusing, the new sprayer features as well as crop destruction are nice and I can't wait utill relase.

I have one question though, one thing that I expect every 2 years but it wasn't fully implented in game:

What about in-cabin instrument animations for example in FS17 the steering wheel was turning when you wanted to steer left/right and screens were actually working as well as speed counters etc.
However other instruments like joysticks, levers etc. that for example activate or lower/rise a tool they were always just standstill, no animations.

Will the FS19 have those animations in cabin so when I for exaple press V to lower the cultivator, will something in cabin some lever or joystick or something actually move?

Thank you in advance
JoaoRabit

Post by JoaoRabit »

kiki443 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:11 pm I like new improvements over FS17 the horses, new crops, however the icons for gras/Hay/Straw are a bit confusing, the new sprayer features as well as crop destruction are nice and I can't wait utill relase.

I have one question though, one thing that I expect every 2 years but it wasn't fully implented in game:

What about in-cabin instrument animations for example in FS17 the steering wheel was turning when you wanted to steer left/right and screens were actually working as well as speed counters etc.
However other instruments like joysticks, levers etc. that for example activate or lower/rise a tool they were always just standstill, no animations.

Will the FS19 have those animations in cabin so when I for exaple press V to lower the cultivator, will something in cabin some lever or joystick or something actually move?

Thank you in advance
Yes.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I love the new icons ... but will there ever be consideration for including text with them as well? I know the text for this blog entry is for illustration purposes only and will NOT be in the game, but one of the things I have always struggled with when it came to new icons was learning them all over again. It became essential for me to use a mod that placed text on the screen showing what I had active in the tank in the form of text. It would be nice if Giants could implement this as part of the game in the future.

My main reason for this is when using a mod map or something that adds custom crops, it'd be cool if the interface for buying vehicles game a text listing of fruit types as an option so we're not always guessing what icon goes to what.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I kind of like the new icons... I shouldn't have no problems remembering them.

looks like grass growing. so cut grass. *thumbsup*

looks like hay that is lying on the ground drying. *thumbsup*

the v shape for straw. I like them all. *thumbsup*
Shizuaki

Post by Shizuaki »

Will we be able to choose the colour of every cow like we can when buying horses?