Particularly the official answer. Please.

faruk9154

Particularly the official answer. Please.

Post by faruk9154 »

Giants want to get new workers. Does this right now situation have a negative effect on FS 19?
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Goose66

Re: Particularly the official answer. Please.

Post by Goose66 »

What are you saying exactly?
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I would be surprised if you get an official answer on a question like that. I wouldn't worry about it FS19 is close to release and they haven't mentioned any delays. They could be looking for people for reasons ranging from cranking out last minute FS19 stuff, working on a DLC, or the next mobile version possibly FS20. If it is delayed I'm sure we'll find out sometime before 11/20.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I doubt it will affect 19 as the position I’ve heard is for marketing which makes sense as they brought lis on after 17 dropped so this is probably a move by giants to help him and improve the amount of video footage they can get out about the game so 19 shouldn’t be hurt in any way by it I would think
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Preble 818 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 am I would be surprised if you get an official answer on a question like that. I wouldn't worry about it FS19 is close to release and they haven't mentioned any delays. They could be looking for people for reasons ranging from cranking out last minute FS19 stuff, working on a DLC, or the next mobile version possibly FS20. If it is delayed I'm sure we'll find out sometime before 11/20.
I'm relieved. Thanks. Release is any chance of delay?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Umm, the yesmods website said the AI has improved, as to how no one knows. Lis said the list is legit.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

faruk9154 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 am I'm relieved. Thanks. Release is any chance of delay?
I'm just guessing here but I'd say if there was gonna be a delay we'd know. This is a later release already I believe than FS17 was and I think they would have mentioned it if a delay was definitely gonna happen. Like I said that's just me guessing but I think it's a safe bet we'll be farming like never before on Nov, 20th.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I think he means giants staff
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

BigC92 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 am Umm, the yesmods website said the AI has improved, as to how no one knows. Lis said the list is legit.
It was legit after FarmCon. It's an ever evolving list though so unless Lisertan checks it regularly (unlikely) then it could be off.

Either Lars or Martin did say the AI had improved slightly, but no major changes in that regard. Probably turn angles improved or object detection improvements, the sort of things that were tweaked with most/all of the FS17 patches.

It always bugged me that the AI often reverses, then drives a massive long arc to get to the next row, then reserves again. For things like ploughing it would be better to reverse in the first place, as most (in Europe at least) do anyway.

One AI improvement I would like that GIANTS could fairly easily implement (in FS17 at least) would to be able to leave a headland. There's already field edge detection, so in theory I imagine it would be fairly easy to just stop 6-10 metres or so from the edge. Half of the AI problems could be avoided with a headland. I don't mind finishing off a headland myself as you often have to clean up the headland with the FS17 AI anyway.

With FS17 it bugs me that things like ploughing, cultivating and seeding you need to do the headland first to keep the AI on track, the opposite to real life. Of the main FS tasks only combining and grass work you would do the headland first.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Preble 818 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 am
faruk9154 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 am I'm relieved. Thanks. Release is any chance of delay?
I'm just guessing here but I'd say if there was gonna be a delay we'd know. This is a later release already I believe than FS17 was and I think they would have mentioned it if a delay was definitely gonna happen. Like I said that's just me guessing but I think it's a safe bet we'll be farming like never before on Nov, 20th.
I hope. We play the game exactly on November 20. I hope the license won't have troubles.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Why do you think it will be delayed?
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:59 pm Why do you think it will be delayed?
I wrote why I thought. Look up.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 am
With FS17 it bugs me that things like ploughing, cultivating and seeding you need to do the headland first to keep the AI on track, the opposite to real life. Of the main FS tasks only combining and grass work you would do the headland first.
Not entirely when I’m running a cultivator I tend to run two laps around the edge of the field then set up my gps to run a straight line so it’s really more personal preference in real life but I see your point about the workers the ai on console have always needs help
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I hope there’s no delays, I took 11/20 thru 11/25 off from work JUST for FS19 lol. Me and my wife still haven’t decided if that’s funny or sad. My boss thought it was hilarious to take time off for a farming game. Could FS be my mid-life crisis?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Lol no worries I'm scheduling around the release too.