[INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

RODHA

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by RODHA »

Well, so you know nothing about making a DLC.
If they were to be a DLC they would take months to release.
I prefer quick releases as mods because I have the option to not install the ones I don't want.
PS5 / FS22
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

scott63 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:08 am
RODHA wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:25 am ^^ there are also mods made by Giants themselves.
Don't get me started on those...I'll just say they should be in a free DLC rather than wasting reserved memory (disc) space.
If I support your comment is a very good idea, if you do not occupy the poor reserved space they give us it would be better to take them as DL at least the heavy maps so you would save the reserve for the small mods like the thousands of plows and small things that plow✌️👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Actually the mod space Sony and Microsoft is fairly large compared to to fallout and cities skylines
scott63

Post by scott63 »

RODHA wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 pm Well, so you know nothing about making a DLC.
If they were to be a DLC they would take months to release.
I prefer quick releases as mods because I have the option to not install the ones I don't want.
Please read what the subject is about before going off on a rant. The poster wanted to know if mods are anticipated ON LAUNCH. IE, day one, already ready, etc etc etc,..if Giants already had mods to be released on day one, then it easily could be a DLC, on day one, not taking up reserve space. Unreserved HD space is cheap (my Xbox has 6TB that cost fifty bucks); reserved space, once gone, is gone until something else is deleted.

Even Bethesda, that charges for their in-house mods, realizes this; their first party mods do not count against the reserved space.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

scott63 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:09 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:42 pm
x Lethian x wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:24 pm We have NOT STOPPED TESTING mods for FS17 yet. Be patient with us, thanks ;)
How many mods/maps are yall anticipating having available at FS19 launch?
At launch? Hopefully, none. By definition, mods are third party addons, and Giants can't "anticipate" that. If they were "anticipated" they'd be included in the base game instead of taking up reserved memory space.
In Farming Simulator 17 GIANTS definitely "anticipated" mods at launch.
I think its within reason they will follow suit with 19.
This is taken from the Farming Simulator 17 DevBlog about mods on Farming Simulators FaceBook page.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

In the new farming simulator does the hoods on tractors and trucks open
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Coltar452017 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 pm In the new farming simulator does the hoods on tractors and trucks open
Safe answer is probably not. The other console thread got locked because it got out of hand. Try and post this type of question in one of the FS19 threads. If you would.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

Saw som new mod updates for pc again, like last time. For pc and no mods for consoles .. dry times, just have to stay on old maps until 19 I quess
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Yeah, we got some time to test some of the stuff in the pipeline last week but there were no console mods, they came later in the pipeline I'm afraid.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Shamrock :frown:
PS5 / FS22
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Yeah, that one needs to be checked for material issues on consoles still.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Hey, its crunch time on Giants, let them do their thing on fs19, they'll release mods when things calm down, we have plenty of mods to begin with.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

BigC92 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 am Hey, its crunch time on Giants, let them do their thing on fs19, they'll release mods when things calm down, we have plenty of mods to begin with.
Giants have my full support, but I always check my mailbox for good stuff :biggrin2:
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Everyone is worried about mods on both fs's and they forget that giants is trying to meet their deadline, its annoying, giants has done a speechless job on fs19.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

BigC92 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 am Everyone is worried about mods on both fs's and they forget that giants is trying to meet their deadline, its annoying, giants has done a speechless job on fs19.
Agree , be so much better if they could enjoy the anticipation of playing 19 , what does it matter if there's mods or not , explore the new maps and use the in game equipment, give giants a break for gods sake , some people are never happy *thumbsdown*