FS 19 release day plans

Patrick73

FS 19 release day plans

Post by Patrick73 »

For me I’m being naughty and having a sickie 😁 a little irresponsible but this is my day,kids too school and then a little fib to my boss on the phone! That’s the plan but maybe my conscience will get the better of me
cr41g_1965

Re: FS 19 release day plans

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I will be at work... but I will save a day off for a Seasons release

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Medical appointment in the morning, probably take the rest of the day off.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Life as usual. I'm waiting 3 or 4 weeks until the inevitable bugs have been worked out and a few patches are out.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Spitfire55

Post by Spitfire55 »

I'll be away :(
scott63

Post by scott63 »

On subject...
I'll have off that day (my job is in grounds maintenance/landscaping/light construction, so it will be done for the season unless it snows that day), but doubt the game will affect my life (I literally own thousands of games on almost a dozen platforms, but I can proudly say none of those platforms includes Steam). I preordered it, but did so grudgingly since preordering goes against my nature. I guess the money was just burning a hole in my pocket at the time.
Last edited by scott63 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I self schedule nights. Made sure I had the 19th through the 21st hoping against hope that amazon ships it a day early lol.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Exfarmer89

Post by Exfarmer89 »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:56 pm Life as usual. I'm waiting 3 or 4 weeks until the inevitable bugs have been worked out and a few patches are out.

Same here. Let the pros work out the bugs.
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

I'll be exploring the base maps and decide to make one my serious map while the other gets an XML edit and becomes my sandbox map.
scott63 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:11 pm You can deny it, try to rationalize it, whatever...but he is correct. The internet has made developers lazy and publishers sleazy.
Pretty sure bugs/glitches have always existed in great numbers, the only difference is these days everyone hears about even the slightest bug and developers at least have a chance to fix it without replacing a bunch of physical copies.

You can call it whatever you want, but at least I'm not looking at the past with rose tinted glasses.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

Stonecutter wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 pm Pretty sure bugs/glitches have always existed in great numbers, the only difference is these days everyone hears about even the slightest bug and developers at least have a chance to fix it without replacing a bunch of physical copies.

You can call it whatever you want, but at least I'm not looking at the past with rose tinted glasses.
Bugs have always been part of the process. But they are "acceptable" now...that's the real cancer. And no one can deny that the internet has made developers more complacent, especially with no accountability due to apologists. The internet isn't free, so this complacency is bemusing.
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

scott63 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Stonecutter wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 pm Pretty sure bugs/glitches have always existed in great numbers, the only difference is these days everyone hears about even the slightest bug and developers at least have a chance to fix it without replacing a bunch of physical copies.

Bugs have always been part of the process. But they are "acceptable" now...that's the real cancer. And no one can deny that the internet has made developers more complacent, especially with no accountability due to apologists.
How are they deemed acceptable when even the slightest glitch gets blown out of proportion and the game deemed "unplayable"?

Now if you want to talk about the real cancer in the gaming industry we can, but talking about yearly rehashes of sports titles and shooters as well as micro-transactions isn't really suited for a section dedicated to a farming game that (hopefully) features no micro-transactions. :lol:
scott63

Post by scott63 »

Stonecutter wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:07 am How are they deemed acceptable when even the slightest glitch gets blown out of proportion and the game deemed "unplayable"?
That's an extreme, and you know neither I nor the poster I defended agree with this. I cringe when I read (eg HULU IS DOWN FIX IT NOW IT'S NOT BEEN WORKING FOR THE LAST HOUR!!!)

Regarding the part of your post I did not quote...well I agree. Though a few extremists (and playing devils advocate they may not see themselves as extremist) could throw rocks at this game as well.

Getting back on subject…
Another reason why release day means nothing to me is no seasons. Until that is implemented, any gameplay will be experimental only.
Last edited by scott63 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I took that week off because of Thanksgiving
scott63

Post by scott63 »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:19 am I took that week off because of Thanksgiving
That's a good, non-committal answer. But will you be playing the game? Just stating Thanksgiving happens the same week is like saying an eight year old won't have the money for the game and will be watching TV. Actually, it is worse since the eight year old provided context.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

That's the main question, will you be or not to be?