Green houses 2019

thumbwiz

Green houses 2019

Post by thumbwiz »

I was wondering if there was any mention of green house changes for 19.
It'd be nice to have them generate skids outside like the sheep do. Fluctuating prices for produce would also be a nice add. These things may be available as a mod, but I mainly play on console.

I did a search but couldn't find anything. If anyone is aware of a link or something that would be great.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
scott63

Re: Green houses 2019

Post by scott63 »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 pm I was wondering if there was any mention of green house changes for 19.
It'd be nice to have them generate skids outside like the sheep do. Fluctuating prices for produce would also be a nice add. These things may be available as a mod, but I mainly play on console.

I did a search but couldn't find anything. If anyone is aware of a link or something that would be great.
I'd guess if nothing was mentioned, nothing was done. To be honest, the whole thing sounds more cosmetic (at best, or niche at worst) than anything (ie, it will be a nuisance to most players, and only a cosmetic benefit to others). It's not an easy thing to make optional.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I'm not sure I understand your response. I was asking if anything was mentioned that I might have missed.
I don't see how having additional responsibilities such as transporting produce to sell points would be cosmetic.
I also don't see how it could be a nuisance, since it is already optional. If you don't want to work greenhouses, don't buy them.

Again, is anyone aware of any mention of new greenhouse functionality for 19?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I haven’t seen anything they would’ve changed from 17 I will admit though that I never have used the greenhouses aside from putting one down once to see how it all worked but again haven’t seen anything to indicate they’ve changed greenhouses
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

That's one I haven't thought of, but now have my fingers crossed for. I think having to move pallets of vegetables, fruits, or flowers to something like a roadside farmers market sell point would be really cool, especially if seasons is ever implemented to break up some of your down time while the crops grow. I've also been hoping for orchards for that reason, but that wish may have to wait until FS21 lol.
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

They're certainly money machines in 17, and maybe at least ought to be nerfed, so adding some tasks to greenhouse ownership would probably be a good idea. Having cows without greenhouses is like having cows and not feeding power food.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yes, it would be cool if it spawned out like sheep wool pallets do, load them up on the truck, haul em off to the market.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I was hoping for this too, but it seems unlikely at this point.